Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: How to ruin the game?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: berto
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> RE: How to ruin the game? Page: <<   < prev  3 4 5 6 [7]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: How to ruin the game? - 4/6/2021 11:35:40 AM   
stjeand

France fell beginning of August...

NOW keep in mind I would consider myself an inexperienced newer player.
I have only played 2 games against a seasoned opponent.
Most of my games have been against newer players as I was...and I do not play as the Allies much at all, only once the game having gone past France and that was my very first game as the Allies I ever played. It went wrong in every way.

Here are the casualties

Attachment (1)

(in reply to lion_of_judah)
Post #: 181
RE: How to ruin the game? - 4/8/2021 6:07:16 PM   
MorningDew

Curious to learn what those of you testing this "All In" situation find with the new beta.

(in reply to stjeand)
Post #: 182
RE: How to ruin the game? - 4/8/2021 6:59:43 PM   
ncc1701e

quote:

ORIGINAL: sillyflower

Looks like you will lose the whole front line in T1 of attack on France because there aren't any retreat paths - unless this is just a display formation.

Yes indeed

Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.

(in reply to sillyflower)
Post #: 183
RE: How to ruin the game? - 4/8/2021 9:38:35 PM   
sillyflower

quote:

ORIGINAL: stjeand

France fell beginning of August...

NOW keep in mind I would consider myself an inexperienced newer player.
I have only played 2 games against a seasoned opponent.
Most of my games have been against newer players as I was...and I do not play as the Allies much at all, only once the game having gone past France and that was my very first game as the Allies I ever played. It went wrong in every way.

Here are the casualties

For someone with relatively little experience to cause those casualties against 1 of the game's best players, is telling about the OP nature of the 'all-in' strategy

web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?

(in reply to stjeand)
Post #: 184
RE: How to ruin the game? - 4/9/2021 12:54:05 PM   
baloo7777

quote:

ORIGINAL: AlvaroSousa

When is France falling?

I haven't commented or posted in a long time. I have almost stopped playing this game PvP. Just finishing up my last 2 PBEM's. I'll probably put this on the shelf for a while in favor of WiTE2.
In one of my current PBEM's as the Allies, France has just fallen in March 1941, and the Germans lost 2 armor/mech units to the British and French Armor (apparently the British 2-pounder was able to defeat the PZ III's). In the other as Allies, I have been able to severely damage the Wehrmacht in France, while still holding on to Egypt. France fell end of August.
I believe I posted months ago that I felt France was too strong and the British were sending 7-9 ground units plus 4-5 air units. I even saw a 16 factor Armor unit as a regular occurrence in France in June '40. I remember one time coming upon 3 Brit Armor + 1 Brit Mech AND the French Armor after my 5 Panzer Corps + 1 Mech Corps were at the 50- 70% effectiveness (chewed up going through Belgium/Northern France) and being decimated as the Axis. I complained in this forum. Mostly the replies were asking if I knew what I was doing (trucks/Infantry screens etc.).
Most comments were that experienced players got through France in July-August in pretty good shape. Now I see a bevy of players making the same point I did, and so now you weaken the Brits, which is good I suppose. BTW...I adopted the ahistorical British BEF for my allied games as that seemed the only way to keep up with the rest of the online PvP crowd. I guess I really prefer a more historical game than one I often referred to in my posts as "fantasy".

JRR

(in reply to AlvaroSousa)
Post #: 185
RE: How to ruin the game? - 4/9/2021 2:41:28 PM   
AlvaroSousa

Like I said depending between skill, effort, and luck France should fall June to August, and really bad situation September. We start with small changes and see what happens.

Creater Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific

Designer Strategic Command
- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Assault on Communism SC2
- Assault on Democracy SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3

(in reply to baloo7777)
Post #: 186
RE: How to ruin the game? - 4/10/2021 2:51:49 PM   
ComadrejaKorp

quote:

Curious to learn what those of you testing this "All In" situation find with the new beta.

I have not tested Beta but with the calculator in hand we are talking about a penalty of approx 385pp (7 tank subfactors + 93 infantry subfactors), according to my current plan I can withdraw a troop from the Middle East without weakening it too much and spending less on supply trucks, So it seems to me that the current situation does not change much.

(in reply to MorningDew)
Post #: 187
RE: How to ruin the game? - 4/10/2021 4:33:59 PM   
ncc1701e

quote:

ORIGINAL: ComadrejaKorp

quote:

I have not tested Beta but with the calculator in hand we are talking about a penalty of approx 385pp (7 tank subfactors + 93 infantry subfactors), according to my current plan I can withdraw a troop from the Middle East without weakening it too much and spending less on supply trucks, So it seems to me that the current situation does not change much.

That is my fear too. This is too easy to buy some replacements. If we remove one UK air superiority unit (250PP) and the UK WDF armored corps (360PP) from the beginning, it would change things a little more.

Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.

(in reply to ComadrejaKorp)
Post #: 188
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 5 6 [7]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> RE: How to ruin the game? Page: <<   < prev  3 4 5 6 [7]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI