Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

France 1940 again

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> France 1940 again Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
France 1940 again - 3/22/2021 7:36:42 PM   
ncc1701e

I don't want to revive the old "France is too strong" thread. But, is this situation hopeless?

Taken from an earlier game against ComadrejaKorp, not the current one.

Attachment (1)

Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.
Post #: 1
RE: France 1940 again - 3/22/2021 7:55:35 PM   
AlvaroSousa

You got 6 tanks, should have plenty of supply trucks, and have air power.

There is a huge weak spot in his defense in which you can blow away 3 corps including a French armor.

BTW you have all these units on the Seigfried line that are corps. Split them and pull those divisions around to form another unit.

Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific

Designer Strategic Command
- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Assault on Communism SC2
- Assault on Democracy SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3

(in reply to ncc1701e)
Post #: 2
RE: France 1940 again - 3/22/2021 8:03:10 PM   
Nirosi

Well, I am not the most experienced player, but I would say that it is still too early to say. What I would do is to ignore the UK and try to take 1-2 turns to reach the second French line (what I am not sure is if I would try to attack the French armor). Then, for the next turn or 2, go West toward the sea under the Somme. If after turn 1-2 the UK is still around Lille when you might be able to trap him, he will be forced to evacuate as there are only 2 very small ports for supply.

Of course, the enemy will react and it will not be that easy to implement that plan. You have to hope the French will not put up a good fight and that the UK attempts on your flank will fail. The virtual dices will become important here What worries me the most for German is the missing fourth fighter (unless I am blind).

Attachment (1)

(in reply to ncc1701e)
Post #: 3
RE: France 1940 again - 3/22/2021 8:03:17 PM   
ncc1701e

quote:

ORIGINAL: AlvaroSousa

BTW you have all these units on the Seigfried line that are corps. Split them and pull those divisions around to form another unit.

Thank you, I never thought of that.

You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.

(in reply to AlvaroSousa)
Post #: 4
RE: France 1940 again - 3/22/2021 8:09:47 PM   
ncc1701e

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nirosi

Well, I am not the most experienced player, but I would say that it is still too early to say. What I would do is to ignore the UK and try to take 1-2 turns to reach the second French line (what I am not sure is if I would try to attack the French armor). Then, for the next turn or 2, go West toward the sea under the Somme. If after turn 1-2 the UK is still around Lille when you might be able to trap him, he will be forced to evacuate as there are only 2 very small ports for supply.

Of course, the enemy will react and it will not be that easy to implement that plan. You have to hope the French will not put up a good fight and that the UK attempts on your flank will fail. The virtual dices will become important here What worries me the most for German is the missing fourth fighter (unless I am blind).

Thank you, exactly the advices I was looking for. Yes, the fourth fighter was in Denmark and has nothing to do there, another mistake.

In carrying out your plan, I would be really afraid of my flanks, with three tanks ready to strike back.

< Message edited by ncc1701e -- 3/22/2021 8:10:35 PM >

(in reply to Nirosi)
Post #: 5
RE: France 1940 again - 3/22/2021 8:12:31 PM   
ncc1701e

quote:

ORIGINAL: AlvaroSousa

There is a huge weak spot in his defense in which you can blow away 3 corps including a French armor.

Sorry I must be blind, I don't see it. He has all the necessary retreat paths.

(in reply to ncc1701e)
Post #: 6
RE: France 1940 again - 3/22/2021 8:13:46 PM   
Nirosi

quote:

I would be really afraid of my flanks, with three tanks ready to strike back

No risks, no glory. But yes, it is a risk... Make sure that you start doing that early in the morning and that your opponent can play a few turns that day. I personally would not sleep very well if I had to wait for the result of the Allies attempts at my flank

You can also try the slow frontal grinding, but I believe it is actually what the Allies are hoping you to do.

(in reply to ncc1701e)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> France 1940 again Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI