Revised AE Port Logistics Chart

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Moltrey

Revised AE Port Logistics Chart

Post by Moltrey »

Hey all:
I put together a revised AE Port Logistics Chart after going through the one I had downloaded. While not really wrong, it had a mislabeled column and not much in the way of supporting notes to explain details.
So I created the following in Excel.

Enjoy!

Change Log: Version 4 uploaded, pic and file for download.
Another pass at chart using latest format.
Attachments
WITPAE Port Logistics Data v4.pdf
v4 Port Logi Data
(40.65 KiB) Downloaded 54 times
Last edited by Moltrey on Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Chew, if only you could see what I've seen with your eyes." - Roy Batty
BBfanboy

RE: Revised AE Port Logistics Chart

Post by BBfanboy »

Nice Chart Moltrey!

One additional point you could add. "NS squads do not help with fuel handling rates."

Oh, and one more - "If the port has an SPS of 0, NS squads do not help with any loading or unloading, even if the port is built."
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
Moltrey

Post by Moltrey »

If anyone really needs an Excel version instead of PDF, let me know here or PM me and I can upload.
Moltrey

Post by Moltrey »

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

Nice Chart Moltrey!

One additional point you could add. "NS squads do not help with fuel handling rates."
I felt the Asterisk * covered this w/o the need for additional text (via the Cargo Handling note).
Oh, and one more - "If the port has an SPS of 0, NS squads do not help with any loading or unloading, even if the port is built."
Hmmm. I will think on how to best include that one. Thanks!
RangerJoe

Post by RangerJoe »

How about:

NS squads do not help for any purpose at any port with a SPS of (0).

or

NS does not help for any purpose at any port with a SPS of (0).

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

Moltrey

Post by Moltrey »

Does that work for you guys? All files updated.
RangerJoe

Post by RangerJoe »

Yes, that works. Thank you.
Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

Moltrey

Post by Moltrey »

The Port Logistics Chart has been updated to version 3. Changes to readability, word choice and spelling error corrected.

To the forum Moderators, can we possibly get this stickied?
Thanks.
SuluSea

Post by SuluSea »

Very nice chart, thanks for the work put into it.
"There’s no such thing as a bitter person who keeps the bitterness to himself.” ~ Erwin Lutzer
Moltrey

Post by Moltrey »

ORIGINAL: SuluSea

Very nice chart, thanks for the work put into it.

Sure thing Sulu, my time to give back to the community since I am laid up at home (nothing serious btw, work inj.)
NigelKentarus

Post by NigelKentarus »

I added it as a sheet to Kull's excellent spreadsheet. It's a nice handy reference.
Fight like you're the 3rd monkey on the plank to Noah's ark. And brother, it's starting to rain.
Disco Duck

Post by Disco Duck »

Thanks
There is no point in believing in things that exist. -Didactylos
LGKMAS

Post by LGKMAS »

I am just a bit confused by the table, which I do accept shows far more than I have ever thought about. And I am now in the happy situation that I find I have more Cargo and Tpt ships than I thought possible six months previous. So now I am looking at how to maximise these assets.
Say I have a Level 6 Port. So that means the largest ship I can dock is 48000 tons and the Largest amount of ships tonnage I can dock of all variations and combinations is 84,000 tons. Fine, That I am happy with. Correct?

Now we come to what confuses me.
per 12 Hr game phase, of which there are two(?), that port can unload 700 tps and 600 cargo, thus 1400 troops and 1200 cargo per day. I will leave aside the Resources/Fuel and Oil at the moment.
The next column shows Cargo handling.
Now it says the Port can handle 54600 tons of cargo a day?
Now, my first Impression was WTF!
Then I thought it may mean that a ship can unload 700 tps/600 cargo per day of the ships docked?

So if I have a number of low load ships, say 500Tps/700 cargo then they may not add up to the 84,000 tons when docked but they can all work up to the 54,600 tons/day?
And if I have a number of high load ships, say eight, each say 7000 tons cargo, for a total of 56000 tons cargo in the TF, with each only able to unload 1200 cargo/day (600 times two phases) then they can only unload 8 x 1200 = 9,600 tons/day. So it will take about 5 days to unload the TF?
Am I making a mistake here?
It all points to tailoring your TF to match your destination, which I am happy with, well okay, just not ecstatic as it does mean more work on TF composition, which I can accept as part and parcel of the whole logistics system.
The more you progress, the more you realise you don't know!
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: LGKMAS

I am just a bit confused by the table, which I do accept shows far more than I have ever thought about. And I am now in the happy situation that I find I have more Cargo and Tpt ships than I thought possible six months previous. So now I am looking at how to maximise these assets.
Say I have a Level 6 Port. So that means the largest ship I can dock is 48000 tons and the Largest amount of ships tonnage I can dock of all variations and combinations is 84,000 tons. Fine, That I am happy with. Correct?

Now we come to what confuses me.
per 12 Hr game phase, of which there are two(?), that port can unload 700 tps and 600 cargo, thus 1400 troops and 1200 cargo per day. I will leave aside the Resources/Fuel and Oil at the moment.
The next column shows Cargo handling.
Now it says the Port can handle 54600 tons of cargo a day?
Now, my first Impression was WTF!
Then I thought it may mean that a ship can unload 700 tps/600 cargo per day of the ships docked?

So if I have a number of low load ships, say 500Tps/700 cargo then they may not add up to the 84,000 tons when docked but they can all work up to the 54,600 tons/day?
And if I have a number of high load ships, say eight, each say 7000 tons cargo, for a total of 56000 tons cargo in the TF, with each only able to unload 1200 cargo/day (600 times two phases) then they can only unload 8 x 1200 = 9,600 tons/day. So it will take about 5 days to unload the TF?
Am I making a mistake here?
It all points to tailoring your TF to match your destination, which I am happy with, well okay, just not ecstatic as it does mean more work on TF composition, which I can accept as part and parcel of the whole logistics system.
The more you progress, the more you realise you don't know!
There are limits per ship and limits per port. So if you have docked your 48,000 ton Evergreen container ship, you will reach its unload limit before you reach the port unload limit. If you have the load spread out as you show among a number of smaller ships, it is quite possible to reach the port total unload limit before you reach the limits for all of the ships you have docked.

It gets even more complicated with "troops" because some troops are associated with their equipment. Sure you can march off a whole lot of infantry squads, but motorized support, tanks and guns take time to unload and their operating troops stay on board until their respective equipment comes off. So trying to calculate exactly how fast you can unload a TF can be ... a challenge!

Attachments
headonbr..lsmiley.gif
headonbr..lsmiley.gif (63.19 KiB) Viewed 346 times
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

Return to “The War Room”