Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[1.08.04b]Leader founds a Faction with opposing Profile

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Tech Support >> [1.08.04b]Leader founds a Faction with opposing Profile Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[1.08.04b]Leader founds a Faction with opposing Profile - 3/21/2021 2:08:38 AM   
zgrssd

I have a Leader with the following Profiles:
Militia +++
Commerce +
Democracy +

I already had a faction with:
Democracy ++
Government +
Fist +

He just founded a Faction, the "Lawfull Circle":
autocracy ++
commerce ++

Yes, someone with Democractic Profile created a Autocratic faction. My best guess is that he picked the last Politics Profile that was not already bound in a Faction (I had a Meritocratic one onb top of the Democratic one), wich only left him to pick a opposite of his own Profile.

< Message edited by zgrssd -- 3/21/2021 2:09:08 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: [1.08.04b]Leader founds a Faction with opposing Pro... - 3/21/2021 2:39:12 AM   
newageofpower

High ambition leaders don't let their actual political preferences affect their chance at power; they're very likely to join powerful political parties or create ones whose profiles are in demand/underrepresented.

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 2
RE: [1.08.04b]Leader founds a Faction with opposing Pro... - 3/21/2021 3:34:16 AM   
zgrssd

He does have Authority 60, wich seems a bit low for this.
Also he could have picked Mind, wich is also underrepresented and not a profile he is actively opposed to.

(in reply to newageofpower)
Post #: 3
RE: [1.08.04b]Leader founds a Faction with opposing Pro... - 3/21/2021 11:17:21 AM   
BlueTemplar

Still feels like a bug ?

I had a similar situation :
My treasured Cap V* (ambition 100!) Capital City governor, with :
Enforcement --
Autocracy -
Mind +
For whom I *specifically* went Mind, Government (> Enforcement), Democracy (>Autocracy) to please him (!)

Seemingly decided to piss me off -
(as a vengeance for a "low" prestige (my only!) Capital City Governor job ?)
- and has formed a brand new Meritocracy (> my Democracy !) and Commerce (> my Government !) faction,
instead of joining the (perfectly fine ?) Democracy & Commerce faction -
(I guess that as a "lowly" Givernor, he couldn't have become faction leader there ?)
- but I guess that they didn't have compatible likes for it ?

Since a faction can't have dislikes, shouldn't the dislike of a profile the suppress also count ?
(and to a lesser degree dislike of a profile they are suppressed by ?)

(I also got a Mind & Government faction started later by someone else, sigh...)

But I guess it's not as bad as your situation...

Also, shouldn't Leaders, especially Leaders that are Leaders (²?) of Factions, at least get a chance to affect the likes (& dislikes ?) of the faction itself ?

*Check out those round 1 stats !

Attachment (1)

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 4
RE: [1.08.04b]Leader founds a Faction with opposing Pro... - 3/21/2021 12:18:46 PM   
zgrssd

quote:

(as a vengeance for a "low" prestige (my only!) Capital City Governor job ?)

City governor and OHQ Commander are on the same Prestige Tier - 70 according to Grognards Guides.
There is no bonus for being the Capitol Governor.

quote:

(I guess that as a "lowly" Givernor, he couldn't have become faction leader there ?)

I think the decision of who is faction leader, is simply a mater of seniority.

Seniority already plays a role for the Politbureau Faction support, so it makes sense it applies for this too.

If you add a previous report by me, I think there is simply a bug in the checking and matching code. Like it is measure Profile value B but then acting as if it measured profile value A.

< Message edited by zgrssd -- 3/21/2021 12:21:54 PM >

(in reply to BlueTemplar)
Post #: 5
RE: [1.08.04b]Leader founds a Faction with opposing Pro... - 3/21/2021 2:16:03 PM   
BlueTemplar

Yeah, but that's still lower than Director or SHQ commander, and *especially* lower than his Ambition, and seniority rises faster with higher prestige, doesn't it ?

Yeah, might be a bug, in your case at least.

In my case, I reconsidered :
If I was Toryn, it would make perfect sense that if I hated Enforcement and Autocracy, I would have picked Commerce and Meritocracy to make a faction :
When trying to raise Commerce and Meritocracy, you want of course raise them, but you *also* want to lower as much as possible the Profiles that suppress them, Enforcement and Autocracy ! (Hence, the "hating".)
(Meanwhile Government and Democracy will be effectively suppressed anyway by raising Commerce and Meritocracy.)

P.S.: Toryn wasn't the *only* reason I went Democracy and Government : both of these were liked by my two factions, but *also* I rolled Church of Syndic !

< Message edited by BlueTemplar -- 3/21/2021 2:17:44 PM >

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 6
RE: [1.08.04b]Leader founds a Faction with opposing Pro... - 3/26/2021 2:53:31 PM   
BlueTemplar

*Of course* he did !

He founded an Enforcement & Fist Faction...

But now, seeing how he has no "normal" Profile likes, I was expecting it... (That's why I didn't give him a Fate Feat, nor even a Medal of Merit !)

I'll be able to placate him with gifts,
it's his faction that is problematic...

The only 2 ways to raise a faction's happiness seem to be to :
- accept and fulfill their demands (unlikely)
- give them a strong Power Base, in this case in the military hierarchy (feasible but risky !)

Attachment (1)

Post #: 7
RE: [1.08.04b]Leader founds a Faction with opposing Pro... - 3/26/2021 3:05:32 PM   
zgrssd

quote:

The only 2 ways to raise a faction's happiness seem to be to :
- accept and fulfill their demands (unlikely)
- give them a strong Power Base, in this case in the military hierarchy (feasible but risky !)

Option 3 of dealing with a Faction would be to keep their Powerbase small.
As a Politbureau, you want to keep them out of Council positions
As a Democracy, you want to keep them away from happy troops and populations.

Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Tech Support >> [1.08.04b]Leader founds a Faction with opposing Profile Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI