Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Difficulty, Choice and Mandatory Councils

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> Difficulty, Choice and Mandatory Councils Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Difficulty, Choice and Mandatory Councils - 3/20/2021 3:10:26 PM   
zgrssd

On difficulties higher then normal, your starting Income Tax is 0%.
I guess this is supposed to increase difficulty. But it does not do that - all it does is force you to pick a Interior Council as the 1st or 2nd Council.

Instead of making the choice wich Councils to get early more important, it takes away the choice by effectively making the Interior Council a Mandatory starting council.

Something similar happens with a lower tech start:
Instead of making the choice wich councils to get more important and improoving the difficulty of choosing, they take away the choice of your first councils - they have to be the two science ones.
Similar stuff on the building front. Not having those initial buildings you start with on T4 - or at least not publically owned - realy just limits what you are able to do.

But perhaps the worst part? You can trivially get around this difficulty by simply starting with additional Councils.
Having 0% income taxes is not even a disruption, if you already start with a interior council.
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> Difficulty, Choice and Mandatory Councils Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI