Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Reading the MPP report

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Reading the MPP report Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Reading the MPP report - 3/18/2021 4:55:14 PM   
EarlyDoors

Been playing this game for a while now and something has only just dawned on me regarding the MPP report

I've attached a random one for reference

The value for LOST occurs every turn (ie. my turn and my opponents turn)
whereas the value for Collected Income
and Spent(Units) occurs only every other turn (ie my turn)

So with reference to the graph, it looks like a data point is plotted for each turn regardless. That why there are straight line flat peaks for 2 of the series.

If you want to know how someone's losses compare to their income (lets face it that's why we look at the graph), then it's enough for the losses to be at half the level (each turn) as the income.
I'd always targeted the actual level before

My thinkinking is right on this yeah?

Attachment (1)

13-16 PBEM++
-----------
Honours the game
-----------
http://scwaw-rankings.s3-website.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com
Post #: 1
RE: Reading the MPP report - 3/18/2021 5:28:49 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: EarlyDoors

Been playing this game for a while now and something has only just dawned on me regarding the MPP report

So with reference to the graph, it looks like a data point is plotted for each turn regardless. That why there are straight line flat peaks for 2 of the series.

If you want to know how someone's losses compare to their income (lets face it that's why we look at the graph), then it's enough for the losses to be at half the level (each turn) as the income.
I'd always targeted the actual level before

My thinkinking is right on this yeah?

warspite1

Funny you should mention this, I was looking in the manual (using word search) for an explanation for what some of these more obscure reports means.... and couldn't find anything .

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to EarlyDoors)
Post #: 2
RE: Reading the MPP report - 3/18/2021 6:18:21 PM   
PJL1973

It should be relatively easy to test how each figure at the bottom is worked out playing both sides in two-player hot-seat mode.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 3
RE: Reading the MPP report - 3/19/2021 12:28:02 AM   
OldCrowBalthazor

quote:

It would also be nice to be able to toggle on and off each graph line...to compare for example, just two (or even one) of the samples. Having the three lines here can overwhelm the eyes and the thought process at times :)

< Message edited by OldCrowBalthazor -- 3/19/2021 12:29:57 AM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 4
RE: Reading the MPP report - 3/22/2021 6:28:19 PM   
Hubert Cater

quote:

Hi Earlydoors,

It is correct that the 'spent' and 'collected' are plotted for the non turns as well as the player turns where spent and collected are actually determined.

However after looking at it more carefully, one thing I did notice is that for 'spent' if a player spends 0 MPPs it does not show in the graph as having dropped to 0 for that turn, instead it stays at the level that it was last spent at.

For example, if I spend 100 MPPs on my turn and the next turn I spent 0 MPPs, the graph remains flat at 100 MPPs until a different amount, e.g. something other than 100 or 0 MPPs, is eventually spent.

This looks to be the same issue for collected (even though it is unlikely to collect 0 MPPs when not surrendered) and it looks like only for these two plotted graphs is this an issue. I will correct this part for the next patch.

Hubert

(in reply to OldCrowBalthazor)
Post #: 5
RE: Reading the MPP report - 3/23/2021 3:13:12 AM   
ThunderLizard2

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hubert Cater

quote:

Hi Earlydoors,

It is correct that the 'spent' and 'collected' are plotted for the non turns as well as the player turns where spent and collected are actually determined.

However after looking at it more carefully, one thing I did notice is that for 'spent' if a player spends 0 MPPs it does not show in the graph as having dropped to 0 for that turn, instead it stays at the level that it was last spent at.

For example, if I spend 100 MPPs on my turn and the next turn I spent 0 MPPs, the graph remains flat at 100 MPPs until a different amount, e.g. something other than 100 or 0 MPPs, is eventually spent.

This looks to be the same issue for collected (even though it is unlikely to collect 0 MPPs when not surrendered) and it looks like only for these two plotted graphs is this an issue. I will correct this part for the next patch.

Hubert

Awesome - the money's in the details!

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 6
RE: Reading the MPP report - 3/24/2021 1:23:07 PM   
EarlyDoors

Looking at this ussr mpp report

how is it that the value for lost can be so much more than collected income?

Attachment (1)

13-16 PBEM++
-----------
Honours the game
-----------
http://scwaw-rankings.s3-website.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com

(in reply to ThunderLizard2)
Post #: 7
RE: Reading the MPP report - 3/24/2021 2:03:17 PM   
BillRunacre

It will include starting units, and any that arrive via Unit script or that are already in the Production Queue when the game begins.

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to EarlyDoors)
Post #: 8
RE: Reading the MPP report - 3/24/2021 4:47:57 PM   
pjg100

Would it also be safe to assume that MPP losses are calculated at the full cost of the unit? If so this would bias results upward, since a unit may be rebuilt at a reduced cost unless low on supply when eliminated.

(in reply to BillRunacre)
Post #: 9
RE: Reading the MPP report - 3/25/2021 3:31:09 AM   
Hubert Cater

No, each unit should keep track of its associated cost so when it is destroyed, that is the cost value that is applied to the totals and the graphs as seen above.

For example, if you rebuilt a reduced cost unit, the unit keeps track of that, there is a cost parameter per unit, and will apply that value when it is destroyed.

(in reply to pjg100)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Reading the MPP report Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI