Luxemburg

Warplan is a World War 2 simulation engine. It is a balance of realism and playability incorporating the best from 50 years of World War 2 board wargaming.

Moderator: AlvaroSousa

stjeand

Luxemburg

Post by stjeand »

Well I was happy to see the change with a German attack on Luxemburg that Belgium would declare war. This prevented a free move for the Germans. And I fully understood it and like it.

BUT why no minus for the Allies?

What is to stop the French from sitting in Luxemburg? It is NOT be that easy to dislodge them since there are so many rivers.
In fact I tried once and took some heavy losses...

Shouldn't the Allies have a minus attacking one of the countries?

Why would Belgium be okay with the Allies attacking the Netherlands...I would suddenly be worried that my country was next. Same with Luxemburg...

ncc1701e

RE: Luxemburg

Post by ncc1701e »

In the new rule, if Allies invade Luxembourg, Belgium will stay neutral if Netherlands is invaded by Axis.
Then you can attack Belgium by the north.
Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.
stjeand

RE: Luxemburg

Post by stjeand »

That is a fair point...but creates new issues...

No longer can the Germans skip the Netherlands as they can today, so you have eliminated that choice.
Attacking from the North with no southern assistance is much more difficult, time consuming and costly.

I spent a lot of time creating a way to take out the Netherlands and Belgium in one turn...but it only works about 80% of the time.
And it often costs about 30 to 40% of the German airforce and heavily damages and wears down the panzers.

I know there is the needed nerf to supply trucks which means...panzers will be more worn and it makes France that much more difficult.
We all know the purpose of France is to delay the Germans...I am worried that it may be to large of a delay now.
To be honest I think France was tough enough...and you have not made is much tougher.

We won't know until Allies start invading Luxemburg more often which when I get to play the Allies again will happen for sure by me.
Believe me I want the Germans to attack the Netherlands...I need the MS since I can't seem to do well in the BOA at all.

But I digress.

To me it is more of a political issue for the Allies. Invading all these countries makes them look no better than the Germans and it should effect them that way. What would they be telling the leaders of Luxemburg?...well it was for your own good. We are just protecting you.

That is the same excuse the Germans used.

Time will tell. Mostlikely I will play with a house rule that Luxemburg can not be invaded by the Allies.

Return to “WarPlan”