There is no cheap way to win this one.
In the initial phase, speed is all-important. Get there firstest with the mostest.
I achieved a Major Victory for the Finns as follows:
1. Set all motorised infantry platoon Formations to "Free". Speed is critical, they won't waste time trying to maintain or re-form formation.
2. Order the first two platoons on the southern road to travel FAST to the church on the NW corner of the village, dismount and establish a blocking position, DEFEND oriented to the NE on the road into the village. They will arrive moments before the lead Soviet element.
3. Mortar fire mission on the road into town a couple of hundred meters from the blocking plations. Hopefully, this slows the Soviets.
4. Order 3rd Platoon to move FAST and establish a position in the center of the village facing NE.
5. 4th, 5th and 6th Platoons: It is important to avoid traffic jams. Reduce their SPACING and order them forward to the intersection with the southern road. When the last vehicle of 3rd Platoon passes, order them FAST to the South part of the village and establish defensive positions. When they get there, organise them in VEE formations defending the exits from the village.
6. Tank Platoon. You need to protect the PLAYER vehicle. Organise the tanks into VEE formation, and REVERSE so the forward two tanks are in the ruins, the PLAYER tank is further up in the woods, DEFEND facong the road from the village.
7. A couple of minutes after Soviet vehicles get through or around your positions in the village, fire a mortar ILLUMINATION mission over the point on the road from the village where the woods give way to the marshy ground. Be careful, you only have four ILLLUMINATION fire missions, one for each mortar. Hopefully, the flares light up Soviet tanks so you can kill them before they can see you.
Note: This a "Die, but do!" mission for the Finns. Before launching the mission, I gave them +20 Morale for increased motivation.
1st and 2nd Platoon raced in to establish positions around the church, getting there and dismounting moments before the Soviets arrived. Mortar fire missions hammered the road where it came out of the woods, slowing the following Soviets. 1st & 2nd Platoons held off the Soviets more than long enough for 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th Platoons to esablish their positions in the southern half of the village, but were finally overwhelmed before they could withdraw and join the other platoons.
Settled into good defensive positions, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th Platoons held until their ammunition was expended, destroying multiple AFV's and three tanks, then they were overwhelmed.
Only one AFV and two tanks made it through the woods into range of the tank platoon. The tanks were illuminated by flares and destroyed.
The Soviets were stopped, but at very high cost.