Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Branching Penalty should be based on number of Branches, not number of hexes with branches

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> Branching Penalty should be based on number of Branches, not number of hexes with branches Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Branching Penalty should be based on number of Branches... - 3/16/2021 6:55:15 PM   
zgrssd

Currently the "Branching Penalty" to Logistics is based on the number of Hexes with branches - when it should be based on the number of branches.

Consider a case where you need to have 4 roads go off a main artery:
If you make one hex with all 4 outgoing roads, the Branching Count is 1.
If you got 4 hexes with one branch each outgoing, the Branching count is 4.

While it is pretty easy to work around it (I just make sure all branching happens in the hex with the logistic assets - usually the city), it is one of those annoying things to learn.

It should not be too hard to just count the number of Branches for each hex (Nr. of Roads leaving -2, min 0) as opposted to the number of hexes with > 3 leaving Roads. And multiply the free branching/divide the branching penalty by 3-6, depending how much branching is supposed to happen.
But maybe there was an issue with such a implementation I am not aware off?
Post #: 1
RE: Branching Penalty should be based on number of Bran... - 3/16/2021 9:33:14 PM   
redrum68

I agree though branching as a whole can often be mitigated by just branching less and having the branches wind through the assets that aren't on the main line rather than what I often see is a branch for each little asset off the main line.

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> Branching Penalty should be based on number of Branches, not number of hexes with branches Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI