From: The Great White North!
1. Is there any way to set an in-game "alarm clock"? For example, my B-52s will be done re-arming in 20 hours. Any way I can get notified for that?
Whicker created a great 'Game Timer' script for a Special Action a while ago and several scenario designers routinely include it in scenarios
2. How to combine/re-name groups? I'm having difficulties combining two groups of surface ships. Is separating out individual ships for combination with a new group the only way? Basically I'm trying to re-configure the assets amongst two CAGs and a SAG.
The game won't allow you to combine groups but it is easy to add to a group. If a simple combine is all you're after, delete one group (the units will remain) select all including the one group remaining and hit 'g'. If you mixing and matching, just detach and re-attach
3. When I do make a new group, even if the group is only surface ships, my air assets that are ordered to RTB try to land at the old group, not the group that actually has their home carrier. Is this a bug?
Haven't seen that before
4. How can I change RTB behavior? Specifically, when ordered (or by going winchester/bingo) my air assets immediately start to climb in altitude, which can obviously get awkward around SAM sites. Any way to change this?
I wish there was - best not to RTB them until well clear of an enemy area. Fly them out instead then hit 'b' to RTB them
5. How can I get a laser designator to find a target? For example, I have a 20nm range Kedge missiles that can't seem to find coastal artillery from 1nm away.
Lots and lots of factors involved here, Wx, alt, concealment etc. Not sure