Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Dome/Infra Assets, Civilian Shield Generator

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> Dome/Infra Assets, Civilian Shield Generator Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Dome/Infra Assets, Civilian Shield Generator - 3/2/2021 6:10:48 AM   
Pratapon51

Currently, assets cost the same amount of investment on any given world. I think this is a little strange for tiny airless moons or hostile alien-spore worlds with deadly atmospheres and temperatures.

Since it is suggested that our cities and buildings are either sealed or constructed under domes, I thought about this idea a little, especially with upcoming missile defenses in the future.

Hard Infrastructure: This pseudo-asset (or this may also be implemented as a hex attribute, like scav pts and radiation) represents domes, bunkers, hardened buildings, and life support facilities required for human habitation. Each level of asset requires X amount of infrastructure in the hex (built automatically at an additional cost of Metals and IP, except for Metal Mines of course) to avoid population and happiness loss.

The Zone will always try to meet the minimum requirement per hex unless disabled in the Zone Orders menu. Hard Infrastructure soaks some of the Structural Damage an Asset would otherwise take, but consequently can cause additional attritional damage to a Zone once it falls below the hex requirements. Regimes may choose to build extra infrastructure over the minimum, albeit at some premium.

Zone Cities have a 'free' amount of Hard Infrastructure based on their level. It may still be lost through events or enemy action, but the 'free' buffer of Hard Infrastructure regenerates by some % per turn at no cost.

Civil Shield Generator : This is like a fixed mil. shield installation, but protects only assets, either with a huge fixed 'pool' of buffer HP shared among all assets on the same hex or by reducing Structural Damage to every asset by a % based on level. It is counted as a boost to Radiation Protection and Hard Infrastructure as long as it is operational. Shielding Optimization, naturally, greatly benefits this building. * Add : They also reduce danger buildup from nearby enemy forces!

< Message edited by Pratapon51 -- 3/7/2021 7:50:18 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Dome/Infra Assets, Civilian Shield Generator - 3/2/2021 2:14:01 PM   
BlueTemplar

Great idea, but maybe there should be 4 lines of (auto-built ?) assets (or asset "toughening" ?), tied to the 3 kinds of Exposure and to Radiation ?

Also I can't help but point out an issue that was bothering me :
How come that only Exposure to cold temperatures is an issue ?
AFAIK, IRL exposure to hot temperature (& humidity) is a much worse issue : harder to deal with - since for cold you can just put on some warm clothes, while for heat/humidity you need some way to evacuate them, because otherwise humans just start to dice once wet bulb temperature crosses about 36°C...

(in reply to Pratapon51)
Post #: 2
RE: Dome/Infra Assets, Civilian Shield Generator - 3/2/2021 3:30:11 PM   
newageofpower

Somehow, blueprints for Hyperefficient GR era air conditioners/heat pumps survived!

(I agree, tis a bit silly high temperatures are a non-issue)

< Message edited by newageofpower -- 3/2/2021 3:38:04 PM >

(in reply to BlueTemplar)
Post #: 3
RE: Dome/Infra Assets, Civilian Shield Generator - 3/7/2021 12:09:16 AM   
Elver

One thing that feels missing to me is private anti-rad infrastructure. My current game had a solar flare during the dissolution phase, so every hex is 150-250 or so rad points. Given this, it's rather odd to see private assets being built w/o any radiation shielding. Well, if you're not a fan of capitalism, it's not THAT odd, but even so it seems like this is something that should crop up in irradiated areas.

(in reply to newageofpower)
Post #: 4
RE: Dome/Infra Assets, Civilian Shield Generator - 3/7/2021 12:13:35 AM   
Soar_Slitherine

All assets inherently provide some radiation protection - dedicated infrastructure is only required in the case of really severe radiation.

(in reply to Elver)
Post #: 5
RE: Dome/Infra Assets, Civilian Shield Generator - 3/7/2021 7:49:54 AM   
Pratapon51

As an addendum, active shields should reduce danger buildup from enemy proximity.

(in reply to Soar_Slitherine)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> Dome/Infra Assets, Civilian Shield Generator Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI