Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How to create landing craft???

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> How to create landing craft??? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to create landing craft??? - 2/26/2021 8:44:33 PM   
ScottyG

Ok i'm finally attempting to make offensive moves up the solomons & slow attempts up in new guinea. I have been building up tulagi, port moresbe & lae. My question is how do i create landing craft as i start offensive operations???

Post #: 1
RE: How to create landing craft??? - 2/26/2021 9:18:18 PM   
RangerJoe

Check your Intelligence screen, the incoming ships, see if you have any available. If so, you can do so at a port if there are enough supplies. I am sure that this is covered somewhere in the manual.

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to ScottyG)
Post #: 2
RE: How to create landing craft??? - 2/26/2021 9:32:27 PM   
Trugrit

It took me about 3 min. to find this post and about 10 min. to make the graphic.

You need to work on your Forum search skill.

Don Bowen Post 186:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=1983783

Attachment (1)

(in reply to ScottyG)
Post #: 3
RE: How to create landing craft??? - 2/26/2021 11:45:37 PM   
ScottyG

I did do a search for landing craft and virtually came up with really anything stating how to create landing craft, and i did also check the "available" ships which showed nothing to be available until the latter part of 42. And i would probably not find the thread with a title name "RE: Admirals Edition Naval Thread II". I do see that building up large amounts of supply does assist??? Plus your pics date shows May 25, 1944 mind i am in mid 1942.

(in reply to Trugrit)
Post #: 4
RE: How to create landing craft??? - 2/27/2021 12:24:13 AM   
RangerJoe

It does not matter the date, the concept is the same. I wonder, can you comprehend that?

< Message edited by RangerJoe -- 2/27/2021 4:34:45 AM >

― Julia Child

(in reply to ScottyG)
Post #: 5
RE: How to create landing craft??? - 2/27/2021 1:04:41 AM   
HansBolter

The Landing Craft deployed from Pools (known around here as Pool Craft) by expending supply are very short ranged, with very small capacities, and useful only within island chains. You won't start getting them added to your Pool until either late '42 or early '43 (can't recall specifically).

The types that enter as Ship type reinforcements have greater range and capacities and can be used in longer raged invasions. You don't start getting those until early '43.

The dedicated Military ship type transports (AP and AK and later APA and AKA) ARE amphibious invasion ship types. They carry the small landing craft you are looking, Their landing craft are not visible as ship types, but are abstracted into those ship types unloading rates across beaches. AP and AK types have much higher unloading rates than xAPs and xAKs (civilian ships conscripted into military srevice). APAs and AKAs have even higher (astronomical) rates.

Many of your early APs and AKs will upgrade to APAs and AKAs in 3/43. Protect them at all costs and use them only in heavily protected and non-risky invasions in '42.

British and Commonwealth have a few ship types (xAKs and AMCs) that can be converted to LSI(L)s and/or LSI(M). These are equivalent to APAs. Find these ships and harbor this resource until it can be used effectively.

Hans

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 6
RE: How to create landing craft??? - 2/27/2021 1:46:24 AM   
ScottyG

Boy i wonder is this the way you treat all noobs around here? You know its not cool as everybody starts at the same place, i have to wonder, do you have a neurological condition? Were you dropped as a child (probably several times the way you act)???

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 7
RE: How to create landing craft??? - 2/27/2021 2:04:44 AM   
RangerJoe

quote:

ORIGINAL: ScottyG

Boy i wonder is this the way you treat all noobs around here? You know its not cool as everybody starts at the same place, i have to wonder, do you have a neurological condition? Were you dropped as a child (probably several times the way you act)???

Whom are you referring to?

― Julia Child

(in reply to ScottyG)
Post #: 8
RE: How to create landing craft??? - 2/27/2021 3:48:50 AM   
ScottyG

quote:

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe

quote:

Look over to the right of my post smacky, or did you lose your glasses again. you know with over 10,000 posts one has to wonder have you been this outta line with every other new player? Very unprofessional of you, ya turd.

< Message edited by ScottyG -- 2/27/2021 3:49:51 AM >

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 9
RE: How to create landing craft??? - 2/27/2021 3:50:51 AM   
ScottyG

quote:

quote:

quote:

Look over to the right of my post smacky, or did you lose your glasses again. you know with over 10,000 posts one has to wonder have you been this rude & outta line with every other new player? Very unprofessional of you, ya turd.

(in reply to ScottyG)
Post #: 10
RE: How to create landing craft??? - 2/27/2021 4:59:07 AM   
RangerJoe

quote:

CREATING . . . BARGES
Small combatants such as American PT boats were particularly useful in narrow waters, both
sides made use of PT’s and MGB’s, as well as various barges and landing craft (LCVPs, LCMs,
and LBs) for short beach to beach invasions and supply hops between islands. . . .

I found that in the manual. It continues on and describes how to do it. WOW!

― Julia Child

(in reply to ScottyG)
Post #: 11
RE: How to create landing craft??? - 2/27/2021 9:19:04 AM   
Leandros

quote:

It does not matter the date, the concept is the same. I wonder, can you comprehend that?

That was rather rude, I find...

Fred

River Wide, Ocean Deep - a book on Operation Sea Lion - www.fredleander.com
Saving MacArthur - a book series on how The Philippines were saved - in 1942! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D34QCWQ/?ie=UTF8&redirect=true&ref=series_rw_dp_labf

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 12
RE: How to create landing craft??? - 2/27/2021 1:41:22 PM   
RangerJoe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Leandros

quote:

Fred

It was rude that he complained that someone trying to assist him that he complained that the dates on the picture posted is different than the date in his game. Is there supposed to be a different way to do things based upon the date in the game? Without knowing what date it is in his game, how can it be explained to him that they are not available yet?

He had been repeatedly been asked to post pictures but he did not do so until much later. He would reword the same question trying to get the answer that he wanted. He kept referring to another game entirely as to how things worked there even though he was informed that it is a different game and works differently.

It also appears that he does not read the manual but expects people to help him to play the game. I do not mind helping people with problems but they should try to help themselves first.

― Julia Child

(in reply to Leandros)
Post #: 13
RE: How to create landing craft??? - 2/27/2021 2:00:06 PM   
ScottyG

quote:

ORIGINAL: Leandros

quote:

Fred

He's ALWAYS rude, has been with me since jump, and i'm sure since his over 10,000 posts he's been rude to others. He's just a flat out jerk (and thats putting it politely) He is right maybe i should be reading the manual a lil more, but i always look on youtube for their helpful videos & do searches here on the message boards (which i do do whether hr brlieves it or not). But he comes off rude ALL THE TIME, he trolls these message boards like crazy, he must not have anything better to do. I'm guessing he must be retired and mad at the world so he looks for people to correct. I was gonna ask him to be my friend but not no more

< Message edited by ScottyG -- 2/27/2021 2:02:58 PM >

(in reply to Leandros)
Post #: 14
RE: How to create landing craft??? - 2/27/2021 2:49:33 PM   
Dan1977

To RangerJoe, You are a little harsh to ScottyG. Yes, he should use the manual more. But remember we share a common interest...this game. That should count for something.

To ScottyG, He is grumpy sometimes (see the Grumpy Geezer thread). He has been nice to me so far. I'm new to the forum, but not to the game. Remember that he was the first to arrive and answer your question, as he usually does.

(in reply to ScottyG)
Post #: 15
RE: How to create landing craft??? - 2/28/2021 1:35:48 AM   
Alfred

quote:

... i always look on youtube for their helpful videos & do searches here on the message boards (which i do do whether hr brlieves it or not)...

Youtube can't be all that helpful because you keep coming here for correct information.

As to you searching the forum for answers, well you can't be competent at that task because you consistently fail to retrieve the relevant answers, a task which others consistently achieve in this and the other threads you open.

As to "rudeness", maybe you should read up on Matrix's forum rules. The only poster in this thread I've seen who has not complied with them is you. You should consider yourself lucky no one has complained to the Moderator and your posting privilege remains for now.

Alfred

(in reply to ScottyG)
Post #: 16
RE: How to create landing craft??? - 2/28/2021 3:13:35 AM   
rustysi

quote:

It also appears that he does not read the manual but expects people to help him to play the game. I do not mind helping people with problems but they should try to help themselves first.

And for these reasons I've stopped responding to his posts.

Please understand this, this game is extremely involved and has more layers than an onion. I've spent many years tilting at this windmill, and others have spent more. If you are not willing to put in the time and effort, we can't teach you the game. Not that I don't want to, I just don't have the time. Especially since I started that other 'time vampire' of a game, MWiF.

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> How to create landing craft??? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI