Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Supplying Bassein (Next to Rangoon)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Supplying Bassein (Next to Rangoon) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Supplying Bassein (Next to Rangoon) - 2/26/2021 12:58:18 PM   
Hano

Hi All,

A quick question what is the best way to supply Bassein in S E Asia, I hold Rangoon but wanted to spread out my air assets so have built up airfields at Bassein & Pegu. The problem is keeping Bassein supplied, I have around 60K+ supply at Rangoon, but its impossible to keep Bassein supplied to to 20K+ at the moment the only way to get any amount in is by air, but this ties up all my transport aircraft.

I've tried landingcraft as Bassein is shown to be surrounded by rivers but it tells me that the destination is inland?

What am I missing?
Post #: 1
RE: Supplying Bassein (Next to Rangoon) - 2/26/2021 1:26:55 PM   
Ian R

Bassien is landlocked, not reachable by barge TF. This means ingress of supplies overland is subject to terrain.

You have three choices:

(a) allow the built in demand/supply system to do its job, meaning put the air there and let the increased demand pull form Rangoon; or

(b) set it to stockpile, and dial up its demand number (see switches in the left side of base screen).... and anyway -

(c) ignore stockpiling, but set its supply pull to above 7,000. That should keep you at over 21000k supplies... IF it is available and IF it can move over the terrain.

The TLDR version, is run operational Pedestal style convoys to Rangoon and dump masses of supply in there, and then let the exe do the work.

You don't have to do everything in a hurry.

"You may find that having is not so nearly pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
- Cdr Spock

Ian R

(in reply to Hano)
Post #: 2
RE: Supplying Bassein (Next to Rangoon) - 2/26/2021 2:58:55 PM   
Dan1977

Hi Hanno,
Do what Ian R. has suggested. The base is connected by rail & road to Rangoon. Your supplies are automatically moved by the AI to places in need of supplies (same as US, Philippines, India, Australia, China, etc.) Additionally supplies into Burma will also feed into China (up to a set daily limit). The AI doesn't know that you want more supplies there, unless you do what Ian has suggested. Also check if you have other places in Burma set to stockpile, that may be competing for supply attention with the AI.

(in reply to Ian R)
Post #: 3
RE: Supplying Bassein (Next to Rangoon) - 2/26/2021 5:35:58 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dan1977

Hi Hanno,
Do what Ian R. has suggested. The base is connected by rail & road to Rangoon. Your supplies are automatically moved by the AI to places in need of supplies (same as US, Philippines, India, Australia, China, etc.) Additionally supplies into Burma will also feed into China (up to a set daily limit). The AI doesn't know that you want more supplies there, unless you do what Ian has suggested. Also check if you have other places in Burma set to stockpile, that may be competing for supply attention with the AI.

Any new player must acquaint themselves with Alfred's Logistics 101 which describes how and when supply moves over land.

https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2878790&mpage=1&key=supply?

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to Dan1977)
Post #: 4
RE: Supplying Bassein (Next to Rangoon) - 2/26/2021 7:30:55 PM   
jdsrae

To add to the above, also send engineers to increase the airfield size.
That will then let more supply move to the base per day.

Currently playing my first PBEM, no house rules Scenario 1 as IJ.
AAR link (no CrackSabbath): https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4684655

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 5
RE: Supplying Bassein (Next to Rangoon) - 3/1/2021 1:03:38 PM   
Hano

Thanks Guys

(in reply to jdsrae)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Supplying Bassein (Next to Rangoon) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI