Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Happy Anniversary to Tigers on the Hunt!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> Happy Anniversary to Tigers on the Hunt!! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Happy Anniversary to Tigers on the Hunt!! - 2/25/2021 10:27:05 AM   
Big Ivan

Happy Anniversary Tigers on the Hunt!

Five years old and growing. Still a fun game to play after all this time.

Blitz call sign Big Ivan.
Post #: 1
RE: Happy Anniversary to Tigers on the Hunt!! - 2/25/2021 12:56:38 PM   
Peter Fisla

Thank you Big Ivan, you know I have never ever dreamed about getting such a nice feedback from the wargaming community for my game over the years. I'm really happy that I was able to publish the game, it took me 15 years of hard work so that I could publish it. I know it's not perfect but this is my view of how tactical wargames should be done. I'm not comparing myself to any other developer and I very much respect all other developers. In 2006, I met Jorgen on-line through wargaming community and we became very good friends, we joined forces on TotH. I did the development, he provided great consulting and did scenario design. I'm just another wargamer out there, nothing more and nothing less. Steve Ford from Australia did the graphics design, I know Steve through Roger Keating from SSG, he is a very good friend of mine. I have a number of his operational wargames, he is like a mentor to me.

Once again, thank you for your kind words. :)

< Message edited by Peter Fisla -- 2/25/2021 12:58:02 PM >

(in reply to Big Ivan)
Post #: 2
RE: Happy Anniversary to Tigers on the Hunt!! - 2/25/2021 1:52:20 PM   
Big Ivan

Your welcome Peter!

I remember the name Roger Keating but I never had the pleasure of meeting him. I was lucky in my wargaming career to have met Don Greenwood and Bob McNamara two of the original developers of Squad Leader and Advanced Squad Leader from the Avalon Hill Game Company. Both great gentlemen in their own right!

I find that when I used one of the graphics mods to make Tigers look like Advanced Squad Leader I love your game all the more!! Granted, and I agree, its not perfect but it is a great start. Truly it is! As long as you keep to the smaller scenarios I still find many hours of immersion and enjoyment. I also find in most cases each scenario doesn't play the same each go around so that is a plus for me at least.

If I wasn't so busy with the Campaign Series I would like to get into TotH more doing some more scenarios and maybe even some graphic updates. I'm not a graphics guy by any means but I know a few of them in the gaming world.

Thanks again my friend for your game and take care!

Kind regards,
John

Blitz call sign Big Ivan.

(in reply to Peter Fisla)
Post #: 3
RE: Happy Anniversary to Tigers on the Hunt!! - 2/25/2021 2:44:29 PM   
Peter Fisla

Hi John,

I met Roger Keating in summer of 1998; we went to see Toronto Indy car race. He went to USA for some meetings and stopped by in Canada, the first game I owned from SSG was the Ardennes Offensive in 1997. I'm not much into operational wargames; I prefer tactical. However, I did a number of editors for the game including scenario editor. That's how we met, and it went from there. I know Roger now for a very long time; I'm very happy to call him a good friend. He has been a great mentor to me over the years and I respect him and SSG very much.

All the best and thank you for your support.

(in reply to Big Ivan)
Post #: 4
RE: Happy Anniversary to Tigers on the Hunt!! - 2/25/2021 3:09:34 PM   
Hailstone

Happy anniversary TOTH! There's no other game that I have spent so much time playing,
researching, and reading old articles to better appreciate TOTH. The hell I went through
with allergies and a bad back bringing a 2' x 3' box full of SL/ASL games, magazines, and
playing aids down from the attic was well worth it to enhance my appreciation of TOTH. In
fact, I spent 2 months recovering from cancer surgery focusing primarily on TOTH to occupy
my thoughts away from my illness.

Thanks, Peter and Paulus.

(in reply to Peter Fisla)
Post #: 5
RE: Happy Anniversary to Tigers on the Hunt!! - 3/12/2021 12:46:17 PM   
altipueri

5 years I've had it and still only played one tutorial and the few stugs more scenario.
I really must try again.

Kudos to Peter Fisla and other solo game creators such as Frank Hunter and Calvinus.

(in reply to Hailstone)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> Happy Anniversary to Tigers on the Hunt!! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI