Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Extra planes???

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Extra planes??? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Extra planes??? - 2/25/2021 1:05:43 AM   
ScottyG

How can you add extra aircraft onto your cv??? Like if it says avaible aircraft 70/50 how can i add another 10-20 more??? Either if i click on add additioal aircraft or i click on the aircraft load on ship it wont work that way either? I know in "war in the pacific" it was pretty simple but ae is different.
Post #: 1
RE: Extra planes??? - 2/25/2021 1:26:50 AM   
Platoonist

You usually have to be in port with a healthy amount of supply and the planes have to be available in the pools.

Then you click on the button where the red arrow is.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to ScottyG)
Post #: 2
RE: Extra planes??? - 2/25/2021 1:30:13 AM   
geofflambert

You can add squadrons (do not exceed 5) or for eligible squadrons you can increase their size. They have to be aboard the ship to do it. You can either have them "resize to fit ship" or specify what size you want the squadron to have.

Currently fighting for the Emperor against AW1Steve. As of 2/21 it is 5/45.

(in reply to ScottyG)
Post #: 3
RE: Extra planes??? - 2/25/2021 5:18:37 AM   
ScottyG

quote:

ORIGINAL: Platoonist

You usually have to be in port with a healthy amount of supply and the planes have to be available in the pools.

Then you click on the button where the red arrow is.

Cant find where this screen is, i've looked & looked and cannot find this screenshot anywhere???

(in reply to Platoonist)
Post #: 4
RE: Extra planes??? - 2/25/2021 5:39:31 AM   
Platoonist

quote:

ORIGINAL: ScottyG

Cant find where this screen is, i've looked & looked and cannot find this screenshot anywhere???

It's just a small section of the carrier air group screen. The draw more aircraft button is under the graphic of the aircraft. In this particular case no replacements are available.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Platoonist -- 2/25/2021 5:40:52 AM >

(in reply to ScottyG)
Post #: 5
RE: Extra planes??? - 2/25/2021 10:46:20 PM   
ScottyG

quote:

ORIGINAL: Platoonist

quote:

ORIGINAL: ScottyG

It's just a small section of the carrier air group screen. The draw more aircraft button is under the graphic of the aircraft. In this particular case no replacements are available.

Ok, now where you have the red arrow pointing in your first screen shoot is different from where your next screen shot is (as far as location) i have never seen the option ever where you have the red arrow pointing to??? I've been in port where their are aircraft showing that will work as far as placing them on the cv, but when i click on add to warship (or just "add to ship" not sure which one it says) it brings up another screen but the screen is empty, no ships are showing???

(in reply to Platoonist)
Post #: 6
RE: Extra planes??? - 2/25/2021 11:27:22 PM   
Ambassador

What are you trying to do exactly ? Add a full squadron on a CV, or fill the squadrons already present ?

For the former, you can’t « Transfer to Ship » a squadron if :
- it would bring the number of squadrons to more than five
- the squadron has planes which are not Carrier Capable (or Carrier Trained squadron)
- the squadron is attached to a Restricted command

If you would put a screenshot of the unit you try to move on the CV, and another of the CV itself (to see the number of squadrons aboard), it would be helpful. Well, like has already been said in your previous posts, take screenshots.

(in reply to ScottyG)
Post #: 7
RE: Extra planes??? - 2/26/2021 2:00:50 AM   
ScottyG

[image][/image]WITP-AE by Scott Fouser, on Flickr

Ok i'm trying to add more planes to the cv, as we notice here on the indomitable it has a capacity of 45 planes (but why is total amount red?) but is only showing 24, so how do i increase the amount of planes upto 45??? I'm not trying to use ground planes or any other random planes either.

(in reply to Ambassador)
Post #: 8
RE: Extra planes??? - 2/26/2021 2:41:06 AM   
Ian R

Scotty, your carrier has >50 damage, so its capacity (45) is in dark red, meaning the flight deck is closed. No planes can fly aboard.

It is in a TF - try docking it (or taking it out of the TF and put it in port). It might, repeat might, be able to crane lift some replacement aircraft on board, but
it is going to need some shipyard time to reduce its damage levels to a point where it can resume flight operations.

As it is a carrier that withdraws, and comes back late war with the "San Diego" upgrades that give it a larger air group, I would actually crane the air group off and have them train ashore while the carrier completely repairs.

"You may find that having is not so nearly pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
- Cdr Spock

Ian R

(in reply to ScottyG)
Post #: 9
RE: Extra planes??? - 2/26/2021 2:43:06 AM   
RangerJoe

You can either add to the squadrons themselves, if necessary increasing the size of the squadrons. There are links for that if you look for them. To add more squadrons, you have to go to the squadron itself and selecting to load onto a ship in range, then select the ship that you want them loaded onto. If you look at the picture posted above, there is a selection for "Transfer to ship."

But you need to repair that ship, it may not operate aircraft very effectively if at all due to the total amount of damage and in fact, it may even submerge if attacked again.

< Message edited by RangerJoe -- 2/26/2021 2:44:05 AM >

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

(in reply to ScottyG)
Post #: 10
RE: Extra planes??? - 2/26/2021 3:25:04 AM   
Ian R

quote:

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe

You can either add to the squadrons themselves, if necessary increasing the size of the squadrons. There are links for that if you look for them. To add more squadrons, you have to go to the squadron itself and selecting to load onto a ship in range, then select the ship that you want them loaded onto. If you look at the picture posted above, there is a selection for "Transfer to ship."

But you need to repair that ship, it may not operate aircraft very effectively if at all due to the total amount of damage and in fact, it may even submerge if attacked again.

And, as soon as the Indomitable is stood down, she'll upgrade - but its a small one 15 day delay for more AAA so may as well get it done.

"You may find that having is not so nearly pleasing a thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true."
- Cdr Spock

Ian R

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 11
RE: Extra planes??? - 2/26/2021 5:22:00 AM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ian R

quote:

ORIGINAL: RangerJoe

And, as soon as the Indomitable is stood down, she'll upgrade - but its a small one 15 day delay for more AAA so may as well get it done.

With that kind of damage she will probably be in the shipyard for the rest of her current time on map. Don't worry about adding aircraft - you are wasting them because they can't fly on or off the carrier. Also, I ran out of Albacores and Fulmars for my British carriers so increasing squadron size may not help for those planes. I would remove the aircraft in port and sent the carrier to Cape Town for repair and withdrawal.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to Ian R)
Post #: 12
RE: Extra planes??? - 2/26/2021 6:49:09 AM   
Ambassador

As said above, it’s the damage. You should never keep in operation a CV with as much damage, especially such Major Flood damage. A CV whose flight deck is inoperable is useless, and in danger of being sunk.

Even with some damage, keep in mind that 50 damage threshold ; even if you’re under it, simply sailing may give some System Damage, and it may be enough to close the deck on the eve of the battle.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 13
RE: Extra planes??? - 2/26/2021 10:18:29 AM   
Sardaukar

Send it to Colombo dry dock ASAP. It cannot launch or recover planes due to damage (plane number red, as said).

If Withdrawal date is close, set Upgrade No, so it won't get stuck to dock during refit.

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to Ambassador)
Post #: 14
RE: Extra planes??? - 2/26/2021 12:26:34 PM   
HansBolter

As others have addressed the issue of the carrier damage preventing flight ops, I'll address your squadrons sizes.

In your screenshot the three squadrons listed have their total number strengths listed in parentheses at the far right of the squadron names. The three squadrons have a total of 35 aircraft (9, 18 and 6 respectively). This is 10 aircraft short of the carriers carrying capacity. Carriers can also be overstocked to 15 percent above their capacity without restricting flight ops.

This carrier's capacity of 45 planes will allow it to operate 6 additional planes. You can increase the sizes of any of the three squadrons as you see fit, or add a fourth squadron and bring your total aboard ship to 51 planes.

Many sets of yellow, clickable text, allow for cycling through selections by multiple clicks. Squadron size text is one of them. Keep clicking on it till it brings up an interface box allowing you to type in the size you want. This is how you customize the sizes of your carrier borne squadrons.

Hans

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Extra planes??? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI