Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

What happened to the Canadian Corps?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I >> What happened to the Canadian Corps? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What happened to the Canadian Corps? - 2/24/2021 7:32:13 AM   
mdsmall

Am playing as the Entente and it is February 1915. I was looking forward to my full strength Canadian Corps with full research to show up in Bristol but it seems they missed the boat. In fact, reading the fine print, it seems that if Britain has not fully mobilized on October 10, 1914 (e.g. because Germany has decided not to invade Belgium), the DE does not fire so the unit never spawns - even though the UK is certain to go to war, along with Canada and the rest of the Empire, by the next turn.

This seems unfair! I say this as both the Entente player and a Canadian! The UK gets all these other imperial units - Indians, ANZACs etc. - but just because the date of this DE is set for one specific day in October, the heroes of Vimy Ridge decide to stay at home and read all about the action in the newspaper??

Could the trigger for this DE be adjusted so that it fires at the first point on or after October 10, 1914 when the UK is at full mobilization?
Post #: 1
RE: What happened to the Canadian Corps? - 2/24/2021 8:09:43 AM   
OldCrowBalthazor

Oh...someone doing a Russia First on you too? Seems quite popular lately.

Yeah, I noticed before awhile ago...good you asked this. btw, though I'm not Canadian, I'm offended too. I see your from Vancouver BC. I live just south of you near Mt Baker. We can see the lights of Whistler on a clear night. And we miss our Canadian friends too since the border got closed.

Weird times...hope it ends soon.

< Message edited by OldCrowBalthazor -- 2/24/2021 8:11:14 AM >

(in reply to mdsmall)
Post #: 2
RE: What happened to the Canadian Corps? - 2/24/2021 11:01:44 AM   
shri

quote:

ORIGINAL: mdsmall

Am playing as the Entente and it is February 1915. I was looking forward to my full strength Canadian Corps with full research to show up in Bristol but it seems they missed the boat. In fact, reading the fine print, it seems that if Britain has not fully mobilized on October 10, 1914 (e.g. because Germany has decided not to invade Belgium), the DE does not fire so the unit never spawns - even though the UK is certain to go to war, along with Canada and the rest of the Empire, by the next turn.

This seems unfair! I say this as both the Entente player and a Canadian! The UK gets all these other imperial units - Indians, ANZACs etc. - but just because the date of this DE is set for one specific day in October, the heroes of Vimy Ridge decide to stay at home and read all about the action in the newspaper??

Could the trigger for this DE be adjusted so that it fires at the first point on or after October 10, 1914 when the UK is at full mobilization?

+1, this is a big loss. Losing the canadians esp with that elite tag is a big loss.

(in reply to mdsmall)
Post #: 3
RE: What happened to the Canadian Corps? - 2/24/2021 11:58:17 AM   
BillRunacre

quote:

ORIGINAL: mdsmall

Yes, certainly, I've noted this to include it in a patch.

Thanks for mentioning it as that isn't right.

Bill

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to mdsmall)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I >> What happened to the Canadian Corps? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI