Added M36 Jackson and M24 Chaffee to US.
Fixed Jumbo Sherman typo causing crash.
*BIG UPDATE* 28/8/21:
- Added United States Army (95% complete)
- Rebalanced tanks: More historically accurate penetration curves, most tanks/armoured vehicles approximately 30% more points.
- Infantry AT grenades have been made more reliable and ranges increased by approximately 20 - 30 metres. They should be more able to combat tanks in close range.
- All recon/scout units are now 20% cheaper to compensate for their low standard 5% availability and the larger unit sizes in the mod
- Added M3 Lee/Grant to Soviets and British
- Improved Hetzer sprites. Better Panzer III sprites are in progress
- Countless small changes/fixes
To play the mod, select 'change settings' from the Armored Brigade launcher menu, then click AB 1943 in the dropdown box.
As always please let me know of any bugs or feedback. Big thanks to the many players who have.
From the recapture of Stalingrad in February 1943 until Germany's surrender in May 1945, the Wehrmacht, Waffen-SS, Red Army, Red Army Guards, Britain, and the US are the current playable factions. Future updates will aim to expand everything. In the long term I might expand the timeframe to begin earlier, depending on the popularity of the mod. Immediate goals include refining balance and sprites based on your constructive feedback. As every unit, weapon, formation etc must be researched and a sprite/s created, progress is slower than in my previous mod. That said, the mod currently contains a majority of units and is definitely playable.
- More of a focus on infantry combat than the base game. Most infantry can move slightly faster.
- More detailed infantry sprites.
- Infantry weapons are more varied. E.g, instead of bolt-action rifle, there is the Kar98k and Mosin, etc.
- Most heavy weapons, including crewed anti-tank guns, can now move (slowly!).
- Overall, weapon ranges have been somewhat changed, usually due to the timeframe of the mod.
- SMGs and MGs are generally more lethal.
- Formations are larger and often contain forced purchases for historical/balance reasons. This is an experimental change that I'm looking for feedback for,
especially regarding how well the AI uses them. E.g, Soviet rifle companies contain AT-rifle units and Fallschirmjaeger have light mortars in company formations.
- Tanks have worse vision, with HQ tank units having comparatively better vision.
- Radios are less common, especially for Soviet units. To compensate for the sake of the player, all order delays are slightly shorter.
- Motorised units are almost always mounted in trucks.
- And more...
Post in the comments section below, visit the Matrix AB forums or message me if there is anything well out of whack, the mod crashes or if you have any comments regarding balance or gameplay. I'm openly looking for constructive feedback, so there's your chance to influence the development of the mod.
< Message edited by KarlTaco -- 8/29/2021 2:32:06 PM >