Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

So will this be more like WiTW, with the Air command etc?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> So will this be more like WiTW, with the Air command etc? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
So will this be more like WiTW, with the Air command etc? - 2/19/2021 5:22:15 AM   
spinecruncher

I have had WITW for several years but I could never get into it, because I did not like the extra work involved in air command. But this looks like the UI might be more like WITW>
Post #: 1
RE: So will this be more like WiTW, with the Air comman... - 2/19/2021 6:05:14 AM   
Para87

Another day, yet another whinge about the complexity of "air command".

(in reply to spinecruncher)
Post #: 2
RE: So will this be more like WiTW, with the Air comman... - 2/19/2021 9:07:37 AM   
Sardaukar

Lot easier to use than WitW air system.

You could go almost "hands-off" with AI Air Assist. Just have to adjust stances and what land HQ AOG follows.

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to Para87)
Post #: 3
RE: So will this be more like WiTW, with the Air comman... - 2/19/2021 9:32:01 AM   
loki100

quote:

ORIGINAL: spinecruncher

I have had WITW for several years but I could never get into it, because I did not like the extra work involved in air command. But this looks like the UI might be more like WITW>

have you read this overview? - https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4958366

The system is a distant relative of WiTW and the AI-assist is more use as you can set both targets and location of your airforce with a few set up orders (that you may then never need to revise for a few turns)

Post #: 4
RE: So will this be more like WiTW, with the Air comman... - 2/19/2021 4:30:45 PM   
spinecruncher

well anyways, can we just get the game already? A few of us are ready for the invasion !

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 5
RE: So will this be more like WiTW, with the Air comman... - 2/20/2021 7:42:16 AM   
guctony

You can always skip the Air war even in the WITW. But first of all I think we should respect the Devs intention. They are achieving something not many dared to do before. A complete historical simulation with option for us to dig in to it or play simple. I assume it is a need or Urge for perfection coming up with the years of game play and development experience.

There are many games simple enough to play around WWII but there are few games tying to achieve perfect balance if the word fit to purpose. Its my natural instinct to play those as I value the effort and intention.

I was too first overwhelmed by scale of WITW detail level. But once I put enough time and effort you just respect the effort and enjoy it immensely as the satisfaction of dealing all aspects of simulation is in itself self satisfactory.

My only regret is that I have low tally on PBEM games. As I have very active and demanding work and personal life. But I hope to live long enough to retire and devote my time to play long PBEMs.

These Games are build for PBEM. Funny to say but when ever I play against Human player I discover more about my shortcoming of personality than I spent any time with shrinks.

It turns out that capitalism requires scarcity to operate

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete. BUCKMINSTER FULLER

Post #: 6
RE: So will this be more like WiTW, with the Air comman... - 2/20/2021 9:49:51 AM   
fritzfarlig

I think wite2 will be a more tactical air war in support of the ground forces, witw had the strategic aspect of bombing industry and manpower as it was called, but it will be an exciting journey to play the Russian side with outdated aircraft at the beginning of the war to more modern towards the end as well as reinforcements of English and American aircraft

(in reply to guctony)
Post #: 7
RE: So will this be more like WiTW, with the Air comman... - 2/27/2021 7:08:58 AM   
Omat

Hello

Historically the Germans tried a “kind of strategic” air war that. But they started too late in war and do not had the force.

They had some success with plants in Gorky:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bombing_of_Gorky_in_World_War_II

They bombed also some other twos and also some ports (Murmansk, Arkhangelsk).

Here is a memo uf the US Air Force about the German “strategic bombing”.
https://www.rand.org/content/dam/rand/pubs/research_memoranda/2006/RM6206.pdf

The player of the German side can do this too. But the Soviet Player has also some PVO IAD and can use them to protect the soviet cities far behind the front line (and should do it). Also place some AA Regiments and Brigades to important cities.

quote:

ORIGINAL: fritzfarlig

I think wite2 will be a more tactical air war in support of the ground forces, witw had the strategic aspect of bombing industry and manpower as it was called, but it will be an exciting journey to play the Russian side with outdated aircraft at the beginning of the war to more modern towards the end as well as reinforcements of English and American aircraft

< Message edited by Omat -- 2/27/2021 7:09:28 AM >

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."
Bertrand Russell

(in reply to fritzfarlig)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> So will this be more like WiTW, with the Air command etc? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI