Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Aircraft loadouts in the editor - guidance please

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Aircraft loadouts in the editor - guidance please Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Aircraft loadouts in the editor - guidance please - 2/16/2021 11:30:04 AM   
Cavalry Corp

A few questions on aircraft load load outs and the editor.

First of all the editor is not very helpful I imagined a 300 page document instead it's just a scratchy pad of notes. Is there any thread or information someone has written about how to change the load out of planes.

Now a few questions.
Firstly when an aircraft has a TT that always that always becomes the default load for a naval attack if you choose TT. But what if you choose bombs you cannot see what the load out actually is. But what happens if you also allocate bombs into the default load. Does it mean it will carry the extra ( say small) bombs naval attack using bombs.

If there is a torpedo and bombs present at the short range what happens then?
Can a bomb device just be available at extended range? Or does it always have to have a value in standard range.
How does it arrive at the bomb load for naval attacks is it double the load out of the extended?
What about if you want to change the size of the bombs for each range?

What does the table called filter do? I notice that in the editor, some devices have an alternate number at the base of the table is this something to do with this? And how does it work. Some mods have numbers in the filter??
It would be really nice if aircraft could choose AP for ship attacks and GP bombs for land attacks. Is this something to do with this?

I wanted to change the loadouts for a few of the late-arriving Japanese dive bombers like the Grace, I added a couple of small bombs to a few aircraft and they come up okay when I open the game and look at the database. But for some reason, the Grace still shows the original default load from the original game. Does this fix itself when the aircraft arrives on map?

Does the load of the plane have to be increaced if you increase the ordanance - I was wondering , tried it , did not work...

Thanks very much

Cav

< Message edited by Cavalry Corp -- 2/16/2021 11:33:21 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Aircraft loadouts in the editor - guidance please - 2/16/2021 11:36:39 AM   
Cavalry Corp

Oh I see that many of my questions have been answered in the other thread. But still a few here...

(in reply to Cavalry Corp)
Post #: 2
RE: Aircraft loadouts in the editor - guidance please - 2/17/2021 1:40:30 AM   
PaxMondo

You need to google search for the other threads on this, there is a ton of info. If you use this feature, there are two big things to keep in mind:
1. The load out will be determined by the "apparent" target. High DL helps this a lot, but it will never be perfect; meaning sometimes a sub-optimal loadout will be used. Think FOW.

2. Torpedo loads. You need to be aware that there is some hard code in place for these in terms of replacements. Be careful with setting up any bomber with torpedoes, ou can easily get some unintended consequences in loadouts.

Both of these are discussed at length in the other threads.

Pax

Post #: 3
RE: Aircraft loadouts in the editor - guidance please - 2/17/2021 8:52:18 AM   
AtParmentier

You can set a filter for weapons with this as code:

1-C city attack

2-N for naval attack (mainly torpedo)

4-n for alternative naval attack (for torpedo replacement)

8-G ground attack

16-P port attack

32-A airfield attack

64-W Anti submarine warfare

To add multiple missions to a load you add up the numbers from the list above. You can also mix bombs, for example you can add 60kg bombs that are used for any mission, while you have 250kg bombs only used in airfield attack and 100kg bombs only in asw.

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 4
RE: Aircraft loadouts in the editor - guidance please - 2/17/2021 8:56:46 AM   
Cavalry Corp

quote:

OK thanks , well actually I am mainly looking at adding ASW weapons only and adding AP bombs for naval DB thats about it.

Question 1 - here is a picture of naval attack with TT seems fine

Attachment (1)

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 5
RE: Aircraft loadouts in the editor - guidance please - 2/17/2021 9:02:05 AM   
Cavalry Corp

Here is a picture on naval attack with bombs - will the extended range BB be used as default for the short range attack? I cannot seem to get 12 bombs or a TT to work together as option switches? I can get bombs and TT together? What does a small "n" mean ( with all the others as capitals) instead of a big "N" ?

this is just testing as i spent a ton of time yesterday and half of it did not work despite looking at other mods that have it.

Attachment (1)

Post #: 6
RE: Aircraft loadouts in the editor - guidance please - 2/17/2021 9:05:31 AM   
Cavalry Corp

Lasly... ASW ( this is a test ) I can only get ASW to work on extended range despite filling in both fields and if i do fill in both ASW comes out in city attack? Will ASW work at both ranges?? with just the setting appearing at extended range.

As I said I am only looking at adding mainly ASW to patrol planes but many of them have TT?

Attachment (1)

Post #: 7
RE: Aircraft loadouts in the editor - guidance please - 2/17/2021 9:14:06 AM   
Cavalry Corp

And here is a problem in City attack I get the long range naval load plus the land load?? If I change anything else I get other new problems

This has taken hours and hours... Is there away just to add ASW setting 64 and not change anything else on loadouts, I may have to settle for that. Maybe AP change over for DB as it appears only involves I asssume giving them a 2 ( Naval) for that and 57 so they attack everything else with the GPO bombs?? Is that correct??

Attachment (1)

Post #: 8
RE: Aircraft loadouts in the editor - guidance please - 2/17/2021 9:20:39 AM   
Cavalry Corp

quote:

ORIGINAL: AtParmentier

You can set a filter for weapons with this as code:

1-C city attack

2-N for naval attack (mainly torpedo)

4-n for alternative naval attack (for torpedo replacement)

8-G ground attack

16-P port attack

32-A airfield attack

64-W Anti submarine warfare

To add multiple missions to a load you add up the numbers from the list above. You can also mix bombs, for example you can add 60kg bombs that are used for any mission, while you have 250kg bombs only used in airfield attack and 100kg bombs only in asw.

And thanks to you for this but - its not so simple when you have TT and bomb load outs mixed esp. I wish it was like you say. In my mod I now really want to add ASW and alt load outs for DB on ships thats about it. But to add ASW you need to change the other load outs I assume you cannot leave them at 0 I assume. I tried and spent hours and hours ( read most of the day) to add most stuff to most planes but i have a bad feeling it will not work as expected and that was using another mod!! So I have gone back to the core things of ASW and AP/ GP load outs.

(in reply to AtParmentier)
Post #: 9
RE: Aircraft loadouts in the editor - guidance please - 2/17/2021 10:02:28 AM   
Cavalry Corp

I have found some time this morning to look at another excellent MoD that has the system already added. It appears that most of my fears are unfounded because they are exactly the same portrayals in that MoD as well.
So I guess the thing to do is to have both the editors open at the same time. Then I will not have to keep guessing what to do. I cannot tell you how many hours I wasted yesterday doing this.

Actually since I have been working on my MoD I have come across many other peoples work. It just staggers me the amount of time people are prepared to spend on this. When I set out to change things I intended just to do a few tweaks. But now it has taken on its own dimension. Although it's very hypothetical I hope some people will be interested to play it. I have tried to add a lot more Chrome but not to add many thousands more clicks into a game turn.

Post #: 10
RE: Aircraft loadouts in the editor - guidance please - 2/17/2021 12:20:51 PM   
Evoken

Problem i noticed in your screenshot is 250kg is not defined for Naval attack , which would be extra 4. ASW always uses extended weapon so there is no point adding 64 to any normal range weapons.

You can look at my mod G10N1 fugaku , it has everything but ASW assigned to it , because ASW would be too broken with 100 range

Post #: 11
RE: Aircraft loadouts in the editor - guidance please - 2/17/2021 12:28:44 PM   
Cavalry Corp

Thanks - you are helpful as always - I think if I add 4 I get bombs and TT for the short range naval attack but.... the N becomes a small n , does that mean the game knows not to use the bombs at short range. or will it attack with both?

I will open your editor again and use your settings if thats ok - already put you in the credits. Did you get my mail - maybe I will send you a new scn file as I wanted to add the ASW and SAP stuff for important A/C. Awaiting news on the aircraft you were going to add in.

BTW had a look at your mod today in more detail - its pretty amazing the lenghths you have gone too... OK may I ask how many hours did you spend on that?

(in reply to Evoken)
Post #: 12
RE: Aircraft loadouts in the editor - guidance please - 2/17/2021 12:52:40 PM   
Evoken

Here is a G5N3 , It has filter 2 On torpedos , it will only use torpedo if its selected and base has torpedo from Air hq.
And it has filter 20 for 800kg bombs which means plane will use it for port or naval strike missions where torpedo is not found.
If you are using filters , you gotta cover all possible mission types with filter otherwise it wont work

Another screenshot , B7A3 Grace ;
Torpedo if its available with filter 2(N) , 800kg bomb for port or naval(n) strike missions with filter 4(n) + 16 (P) , 250kg and 60 kg's together for rest of the missions with filter 41

I didnt get your email.
Proabably around 100 hours spent on that scenario

Post #: 13
RE: Aircraft loadouts in the editor - guidance please - 2/17/2021 1:36:55 PM   
Cavalry Corp

OK thanks will digest...esp the point that if we give one a filter they must all have.

A couple of other questions on your screens - why is there a build rate - will that be the maximum that can be built? That question also applies to other devices not just aircraft, some have build rates some not. Also you have produce to "no" in your editor does it make no difference - why is it there - I assume you do want the game to produce for allied and Japan?

Does centre line or external/ internal make any difference other than historical for bomb style
weapons?

Why crew 0? Does it not make any difference 1 or 2 etc. I realise its not one guy but not sure what effect 0, 1 or 2 has in game?

Cav

(in reply to Evoken)
Post #: 14
RE: Aircraft loadouts in the editor - guidance please - 2/17/2021 2:17:31 PM   
Evoken

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cavalry Corp

OK thanks will digest...esp the point that if we give one a filter they must all have.

A couple of other questions on your screens - why is there a build rate - will that be the maximum that can be built? That question also applies to other devices not just aircraft, some have build rates some not. Also you have produce to "no" in your editor does it make no difference - why is it there - I assume you do want the game to produce for allied and Japan? Aircraft build rate for Japan is a supplement , added those because in Andy Macs original scenario Soviets were helping Japan. Gotta give me some more context about devices , i didnt mess too much with existing ones , just added the ones scenario needed

Does centre line or external/ internal make any difference other than historical for bomb style
weapons? As far as i am aware central location doubles the accuracy of aircraft cannons , idk if it effects munitions

Why crew 0? Does it not make any difference 1 or 2 etc. I realise its not one guy but not sure what effect 0, 1 or 2 has in game? havent seen any effects from crew size , i dont mess with it

Cav

Post #: 15
RE: Aircraft loadouts in the editor - guidance please - 3/5/2021 4:00:53 PM   
Cavalry Corp

Sorry been busy missed this reply but thanks.

(in reply to Evoken)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Aircraft loadouts in the editor - guidance please Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI