Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How-to

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> Titans of Steel - Warring Suns >> The Titan Arena >> How-to Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How-to - 8/19/2003 2:05:30 PM   
TokyoDan

The turn system is completely confusing. For example, I create two members ("Leader" and "BadAss") in a squad and assign the same type of titan to each member. I start a new game. I am informed that is it "Move Mode" for "Leader". I click the run button then before anything happens I am informaed that it is "Move Mode" for "BadAss". I click the run button for "BadAss" then "Leader" moves, and again I an informed that it is "Move Mode" for "Leader". Up to this point everything makes sense and I expect the move modes for each titan to continue alternately in sequence. But sometimes I get "Move Mode" for "Leader" (or BadAss) more that once in a row (sometimes two or three times) before I am informed that it is finally "Move Mode" for the other titan.

Why do things get thrown out of sequence like this? I intentionally setup each squad member in the same way and gave each squad member the exact same moves to see what would happen.
Post #: 1
- 8/19/2003 2:46:18 PM   
LarkinVB

This is normal since moves can take different times due to different terrain. When your mouse pointer hovers above the move button it will tell you how long the move will take.

A titans move and attack action are put into a queue and the game time will advance till the next action is finished and a new one can be entered.

Forget about the UGO-IGO turn sequence. This is TOS and it will work out perfectly once you have grasped it..

(in reply to TokyoDan)
Post #: 2
- 8/19/2003 4:31:11 PM   
Thorgrim

Different chassis also have slightly different BMTs (even within the same weight class). Check the factory.

Iceman

(in reply to TokyoDan)
Post #: 3
- 8/19/2003 10:17:40 PM   
rosary

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Thorgrim
[B]Different chassis also have slightly different BMTs (even within the same weight class). Check the factory. [/B][/QUOTE]

He said that they are using the exact same Titan design.

Do they have the same scouting skill %? Even a small increase here would make a difference from a jock without this skill. Especialy if you're moving through cover.

(in reply to TokyoDan)
Post #: 4
- 8/20/2003 5:11:03 AM   
Thorgrim

ONLY if you're moving through cover you mean. And it MIGHT make a difference.

Iceman

(in reply to TokyoDan)
Post #: 5
- 8/20/2003 5:51:12 AM   
rosary

I should have written 'especially if there's cover' wink wink nudge nudge.

(in reply to TokyoDan)
Post #: 6
Line of Sight? - 8/21/2003 5:03:31 AM   
TokyoDan

1. What info does the Line of Site function (shift + Left click) give you that you can get by just eyeballng the map from above?

2. Also, When the path for the LOS function zig zags, does that mean that you can't hit the target.

3. And what do the little circles on the path mean?

(in reply to TokyoDan)
Post #: 7
- 8/21/2003 5:22:18 AM   
Thorgrim

It tells you what hexes to target with your autocannons to set smoke screens so you can block your opponent's LoS ;) Same for setting woods in the path on fire, or steam screens in water patches.
Basically it draws the path the round/beam/rocket/missile will have to cross to reach your opponent. Intervening terrain/toppings in that line might block LoS, depending on its height.
Zig-zagging has no effect, it's just that the line passes through the center of the hexes.
The circles mark the center of hexes, nothing else.

Iceman

(in reply to TokyoDan)
Post #: 8
Line of Sight (Space + Left Click) - 8/21/2003 7:22:05 AM   
TokyoDan

But can't just looking at the map give the same information. I cn't understand the advantage of using the Line of Sight function.

(in reply to TokyoDan)
Post #: 9
- 8/21/2003 3:47:53 PM   
Thorgrim

You don't need to use this feature. It's intended to help in determining LoS. It shows how the program calculates LoS. So if you want to be sure, use it.
I'm sure if this feature wasn't in the game, someone ask for it :)

Iceman

(in reply to TokyoDan)
Post #: 10
- 8/22/2003 4:57:58 AM   
Sleeping_Dragon

There are times when which hexes LOS is traced through may not be obvious by just looking at the map... especially at long distances, you can't be sure if it runs through one hex or an adjacent hex. Under most circumstances it don't make a big deal... until you need to block LOS with smoke, steam, etc.. then you need to know exacly where LOS is traced through.

Its a nice function to have. Hardly ever use it, but when you do need it, it's golden.

Power does not corrupt; It merely attracts the corruptable.

AKA: Bblue

(in reply to TokyoDan)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Classic (Free) Games] >> Titans of Steel - Warring Suns >> The Titan Arena >> How-to Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI