Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Axis Allies

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Axis Allies Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Axis Allies - 2/15/2021 2:59:19 PM   
Earthman

Query for the gamesters: After the invasion of Russia, the German Army discovered that many people in the Baltic States of Latvia, Lithuania, and Estonia welcomed their arrival. In the Ukraine, anti-Soviet nationalism was intense. Taking advantage of this, the Germans formed non-German units. Even in Yugoslavia, a General Mihailovich had an army to fight against Tito's partisans. My question: should these units (however small) be included in the game? If they already are somewhere, can it be pointed out where? Thank you.
Post #: 1
RE: Axis Allies - 2/15/2021 6:20:02 PM   
eriador08

There are Cossacks included in the game per event. There are also Ukraine nationalists events, that hurt soviet units approaching Kiev.

(in reply to Earthman)
Post #: 2
RE: Axis Allies - 2/15/2021 6:53:57 PM   
Tanaka

quote:

ORIGINAL: Earthman
Query for the gamesters: After the invasion of Russia, the German Army discovered that many people in the Baltic States of Latvia, Lithuania, and Estonia welcomed their arrival. In the Ukraine, anti-Soviet nationalism was intense. Taking advantage of this, the Germans formed non-German units. Even in Yugoslavia, a General Mihailovich had an army to fight against Tito's partisans. My question: should these units (however small) be included in the game? If they already are somewhere, can it be pointed out where? Thank you.

DE 633 – Germany: Raise a Don Cossack Cavalry Corps?
Event fires: From the 1st August 1942 when Smolensk, Kharkov, Rostov and Krasnodar are all in Axis
hands, and there are no Soviet units within 6 hexes of Rostov.
Cost of accepting: 50 MPPs.
Yes: Germany deploys a half strength Cavalry Corps at Rostov.
No: Nothing.

DE 634 – Germany: Raise a Russian Liberation Army Corps?
Event fires: From the 1st March 1943 when Smolensk, Kharkov and Kiev are all in Axis hands.
Cost of accepting: 100 MPPs at 50 MPPs a turn for 2 turns.
Yes: Germany deploys a full strength Corps with no upgrades at Minsk on the 15th March 1942.
No: Nothing.

< Message edited by Tanaka -- 2/15/2021 6:56:33 PM >

(in reply to eriador08)
Post #: 3
RE: Axis Allies - 2/16/2021 4:30:46 PM   
Earthman

Thank you. But should the Baltic States get something as well?

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 4
RE: Axis Allies - 2/18/2021 4:18:11 AM   
havoc1371

Would be interesting to have an event that offers the Axis a Ukrainian and Baltic states minor ally choice, since ignoring the possibility of playing liberator was a mistake on Hitler's part. It would throw off the game balance though. Unless maybe the liberated states have restricted force pools (only corps/garrisons) and Germany only getting a smaller mpp amount from each "liberated" state. Make the Axis player choose between additional corps/garrisons being available overall vs less mpp's in the coffers each turn.

(in reply to Earthman)
Post #: 5
RE: Axis Allies - 2/18/2021 4:46:56 AM   
EarlyDoors

I think the Axis get a few other units too, like Spanish Blue Division

11-15 PBEM++
-----------
Honours the game
-----------
http://scwaw-rankings.s3-website.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com

(in reply to havoc1371)
Post #: 6
RE: Axis Allies - 2/18/2021 7:36:23 AM   
eriador08

Blue Division does not arrive in 1939 scenario if i remember correct, but is present in later starting dates.

(in reply to EarlyDoors)
Post #: 7
RE: Axis Allies - 2/18/2021 9:22:04 AM   
BillRunacre

Hi

The Blue Division does deploy in the 1939 campaign from 24th August 1941, but only when the USSR has joined the Allies, Spain is at least 40% pro-Axis but neutral, and there is a German unit near Riga.

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to eriador08)
Post #: 8
RE: Axis Allies - 2/18/2021 3:45:24 PM   
Earthman

Then there was the Charlemagne Division. French Volunteers. But does all this make unnecessary additions to the game?

(in reply to BillRunacre)
Post #: 9
RE: Axis Allies - 2/19/2021 8:07:18 AM   
Pocus

The SS are not really represented in the game anyway, and so not the 'European' SS either.

I would plead though to give a few garrisons as osttruppen. They were reeaaally numerous, according to this video, which is citing a famous book author, between 1 M and 1.5 M Russians and slavic men served as auxiliaries. They were not all armed, by far, but surely it is worth 2 or more garrisons?
https://youtu.be/u0xem7vlG5Y

AGEOD Team - Lead Developer
Makers of Empires, ACW2, EAW, WIA, WON

(in reply to Earthman)
Post #: 10
RE: Axis Allies - 2/19/2021 8:44:45 AM   
OldCrowBalthazor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Earthman

Then there was the Charlemagne Division. French Volunteers. But does all this make unnecessary additions to the game?

WaW is a Corp and Army level strategic level game. The 'Blue Division' is added for flavor to represent Spain's modest contribution in the war against the Bolsheviks.

If you want to play with divisions and other smaller units than presented
in WaW, then War in the East (WitE) is your huckleberry. There you can command the Latvian Police Regiment, Charlemagne Division, etc, etc...oh, and my favorite, the Slovak Fast Brigade.

Also, check out SC-WiE and try out Chrispy131313's Fall Weiss mod. He has done a great job incorporating division level units into that game...and the scale of SC-WiE is more conducive of division level play.

< Message edited by OldCrowBalthazor -- 2/19/2021 8:51:19 AM >

(in reply to Earthman)
Post #: 11
RE: Axis Allies - 2/19/2021 6:03:40 PM   
taffjones

I am sure Crispy has done a Mod for WaW as well.

Based on the mod he did for WiE.

(in reply to OldCrowBalthazor)
Post #: 12
RE: Axis Allies - 2/20/2021 11:10:43 AM   
boudi

At this game level and about historical accuracy it'seems more interesting to keep away Romania and other german Axis allies from german technologies, it's always a surprise to see romanian and hungarian armored units with Tiger or Panther tanks level...

(in reply to taffjones)
Post #: 13
RE: Axis Allies - 2/20/2021 10:21:55 PM   
Elessar2

There used to be a steeper upgrade penalty iirc. It still isn't cheap to upgrade them tho. However the AI is often disinclined to upgrade them at all, and making it more expensive will further discourage it from doing so.

(in reply to boudi)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Axis Allies Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI