Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[1.07.07b] Charismatic Union Chief

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Tech Support >> [1.07.07b] Charismatic Union Chief Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[1.07.07b] Charismatic Union Chief - 2/14/2021 10:05:19 AM   
stryc

I think this event isn't working correctly.

The demand for increased pay for workers is _always_ impossible to accept. It appears that the event is asking for an 'increase of 0.006Cr' when it should be an 'increase to 0.006Cr'. The latter is, sometimes, doable. The former nearly never is.

Such events fire in regions where worker pay is already above the average and happiness is sky-high.
Post #: 1
RE: [1.07.07b] Charismatic Union Chief - 2/14/2021 4:03:40 PM   
newageofpower

Get a CovOps advisor onto the governor and eliminate him, duh.

(in reply to stryc)
Post #: 2
RE: [1.07.07b] Charismatic Union Chief - 2/14/2021 6:08:01 PM   
stryc

What's the point of having a multi-option event if one of the three options is never taken, duh.

(in reply to newageofpower)
Post #: 3
RE: [1.07.07b] Charismatic Union Chief - 2/14/2021 6:12:44 PM   
newageofpower

quote:

ORIGINAL: stryc

What's the point of having a multi-option event if one of the three options is never taken, duh.

Bruh, don't even get the Discord community started on how useless Autocracy/Gauss Weapons etc are...

There's a bajillion more things in this game where "one of the options is totally useless"

(in reply to stryc)
Post #: 4
RE: [1.07.07b] Charismatic Union Chief - 2/22/2021 9:30:31 AM   
Vic

I am tuning that demand down a bit for 1.08.01

Thanks for sharing your criticisms.

"Such events fire in regions where worker pay is already above the average and happiness is sky-high"
and remember countries like France... ;)

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

Post #: 5
RE: [1.07.07b] Charismatic Union Chief - 2/22/2021 2:06:27 PM   
newageofpower

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vic

I am tuning that demand down a bit for 1.08.01

Thanks for sharing your criticisms.

Wow, I've seen players complain about Autocracy being useless in comparison to Democracy and Lasers being superior in 95% of scenarios compared with higher tech level Charged Gauss for months without any effect, should I tell them to file complaints in the "bug report" forum?

quote:

"Such events fire in regions where worker pay is already above the average and happiness is sky-high"
and remember countries like France... ;)

That's too true haha

There's a saying in most nations people protest to live, but in France they live to protest.

< Message edited by newageofpower -- 2/22/2021 2:08:21 PM >

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 6
RE: [1.07.07b] Charismatic Union Chief - 2/23/2021 7:30:25 AM   
Vic

@newage

Truth is the tech forum is the forum i visit most often. Where did they post their issues? in the Suggestions forum?

best wishes,
Vic

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

Post #: 7
RE: [1.07.07b] Charismatic Union Chief - 2/23/2021 3:05:58 PM   
Soar_Slitherine

I do recall there being multiple threads in Suggestions pointing out (among other weapon balance issues) that lasers are massively powerful compared to both earlier weapon options and to (Charged) Gauss Small Arms which unlock later or at the same time.

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 8
RE: [1.07.07b] Charismatic Union Chief - 2/23/2021 5:01:49 PM   
newageofpower

quote:

@newage

Truth is the tech forum is the forum i visit most often. Where did they post their issues? in the Suggestions forum?

best wishes,
Vic

Yeah, it's not a bug, strictly speaking, just bad design/balance - and hence does not really belong in tech support.

Mayhaps you should hop onto the MP Discord for better communications? The devs in the other successful indie game communities I've been involved in are very active on their discord communities.

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 9
RE: [1.07.07b] Charismatic Union Chief - 2/23/2021 5:27:30 PM   
Clux

quote:

@newage

best wishes,
Vic

We have a "mega-thread" which most parts still apply today and I made a Small arms rebalance proposal with suggestions affecting firepower, tech groups, production costs, etc.

Its sad to know that all this time you never saw them, but we would really appreciate if you could just comment if rebalancing-adjustments its something that you would be willing to do together with the community :)

Plus if you ever want to give a peek to the unofficial Shadow Empire Discord server (where we gather to play mp and do general talk about the game) feel free to join (no need to say who you're)

Amateurs talk about strategy. Professionals talk about logistics!

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 10
RE: [1.07.07b] Charismatic Union Chief - 2/23/2021 5:44:38 PM   
Vic

I saw them. But time is always short. And its a big topic that requires coherence in my approach.

I have been organizing my new versioning planning in a number of clusters. Finetuning/balancing of military/economics is very very probably going to be the next topic for me.

So i will defenitely restudy those threads.

Thanks for reminding me and expect some serious feedback in the coming weeks.

best wishes,
Vic

(in reply to Clux)
Post #: 11
RE: [1.07.07b] Charismatic Union Chief - 2/27/2021 3:25:56 PM   
BlueTemplar

quote:

ORIGINAL: newageofpower
Mayhaps you should hop onto the MP Discord for better communications? The devs in the other successful indie game communities I've been involved in are very active on their discord communities.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Clux
Plus if you ever want to give a peek to the unofficial Shadow Empire Discord server (where we gather to play mp and do general talk about the game) feel free to join (no need to say who you're)

Please stop sucking players to the (unofficial !) Discord servers, this community is small enough already !

BTW, why is there no MP forum ? Or is this what the "War Room" is for ?

P.S.: Not to mention the ethical issues involved with using a centralized, closed source, private software based communication medium like Discord.

(in reply to Clux)
Post #: 12
RE: [1.07.07b] Charismatic Union Chief - 2/27/2021 4:36:42 PM   
newageofpower

quote:

ORIGINAL: BlueTemplar

quote:

quote:

Please stop sucking players to the (unofficial !) Discord servers, this community is small enough already !

P.S.: Not to mention the ethical issues involved with using a centralized, closed source, private software based communication medium like Discord.
AFAIK there is no official Discord.

There exists the demand for a more casual, agile, chatlike community and it can coexist just fine with the more formal, archival forum.

Most of the top Shadow Empire players and community contributors/guidemakers/modders/artists are active on the Discord, and some of them don't even have a forum account.

< Message edited by newageofpower -- 2/27/2021 4:37:04 PM >

(in reply to BlueTemplar)
Post #: 13
RE: [1.07.07b] Charismatic Union Chief - 2/27/2021 4:45:16 PM   
Akrakorn

quote:

quote:

quote:

I don't see what the problem with Discord is. For SE it is extremely useful as you can distribute saves very easily and quickly and let's be honest, these forums are very antiquated and hard to use. I couldn't imagine playing SE without some software that lets you drag and drop files and ping the player in an instant.

Post #: 14
RE: [1.07.07b] Charismatic Union Chief - 3/1/2021 3:01:16 PM   
BlueTemplar

quote:

There exists the demand for a more casual, agile, chatlike community and it can coexist just fine with the more formal, archival forum.

Most of the top Shadow Empire players and community contributors/guidemakers/modders/artists are active on the Discord, and some of them don't even have a forum account.

Do you see how the end of your second sentence undermines the end of the first ?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Akrakorn
I don't see what the problem with Discord is. For SE it is extremely useful as you can distribute saves very easily and quickly and let's be honest, these forums are very antiquated and hard to use. I couldn't imagine playing SE without some software that lets you drag and drop files and ping the player in an instant.

I listed the two classes of issues with Discord in my previous message.

While the Matrix Games Forums are quirky even for ASP.NET forums, you *do* realize that we're discussing a game with an even older style (late 90's compared to early 00's) ?
And ASP.NET / phpBB forums are in general definitely NOT hard to use; not to mention : what other kind of long-term, long-form alternative there even is ?
I'm only aware of Discourse forums, but they're not there yet, as (in my experience) they're still somewhat buggy and slow (rely a bit too heavily on JavaScript ?)
No, the main usability issue with these (sub!) forums is the way too low file size limit (& filetype restrictions ?) - I hear that other Matrix Games subforums (like Distant Worlds (2?)) have *much* more lenient limits, so Vic should look into fixing that.

Finally, I have no issues with Discord's features - they're great ! - some people say that it uses a lot of memory, but it's still very impressive (and snappy!) for software based on something as inefficient as the Electron framework (which pretty much runs on a virtual machine inside a browser !).
My issues are with the ethical concerns listed in my previous message.
And it's not like there aren't plenty of alternatives, for instance Matrix (no relation with Matrix Games) / Element is pretty good these days, and doesn't have the ethical issues of Discord. (But even with Matrix there would still be an attention issue if people started to spend most of their time discussing the game in Matrix rooms, rather than here.)
(Also, *technically* even e-mail fits your requirement of "some software that lets you drag and drop files and ping the player in an instant" - remember what PBEM stands for ?)

Post #: 15
RE: [1.07.07b] Charismatic Union Chief - 3/2/2021 2:50:05 AM   
newageofpower

quote:

-snip-

Without the Discord community, the total playerbase and especially active MP playerbase would be diminished. The Discord community being vibrant is a net fiscal positive for Vic.

Fact is, some people are unwilling to put up with more crap than they have to, even if they're willing to handle the quirks of Shadow Empire many are not going to use the forum too.

Deal with it.

Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Tech Support >> [1.07.07b] Charismatic Union Chief Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI