Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Downfall Wunderwaffe 0.3 Supply and Fuel

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Downfall Wunderwaffe 0.3 Supply and Fuel Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Downfall Wunderwaffe 0.3 Supply and Fuel - 2/9/2021 7:52:48 AM   
Evoken

Hello everyone , welcome to Downfall Wunderwaffe mod. This is a derivitave of Andy Mac's Operation Downfall scenario and he was kind enough to provide a new script for Japanese AI , many thanks to him!

What does this mod do ?

It adds many many aircraft and ships that as a best fate had a prototype or most of the time they were some engineers crazy dreams that never came true.

Why should i play it ?

Unique aircraft , ships , payload. To name a few ;
G10N1 Fugaku , Super Yamato , J7W2 Jet interceptor , Yamamato's dream of 18 I-400's and many more for Japan

B-36 Peacekeeper , Minataur class CLAA , Montana class BB , Habakkuk class floating ice airfield and many more for Allies

Installation ; Super simple. Just drag the folders in the .rar file into your Witp folder and it should be ready to play with Scenario 35
Warning This mod adds new art and replaces Air Art files so i would recommend to Copy paste Witp folder and use the mod with that copy

Download link ; https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kiBREs-dwJZFJJnjUlshiH_OYcbDwy8z/view?usp=sharing

< Message edited by Evoken -- 2/10/2021 7:10:35 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Downfall Wunderwaffe 0.1 Initial Release - 2/9/2021 7:53:49 AM   
Evoken

Also if you have aircraft , ships , devices you would like to see in future versions let me know , i will do my best!

(in reply to Evoken)
Post #: 2
Downfall Wunderwaffe 0.2 bugfix - 2/10/2021 5:52:32 AM   
Evoken

0.2 update
Fixed a lot of new aircraft not showing up in game. At least 1 squadron has to either arrive with the aircraft or has updgade path to that aircraft so it to shows up in game.

(in reply to Evoken)
Post #: 3
RE: Downfall Wunderwaffe 0.2 bugfix - 2/10/2021 6:35:23 AM   
Evoken

Current Japanese Supply , fuel and Industry Status;
This scenario ends at 31 December 1947 so i want to give Japanese side enough supplies and fuel to at least last for a year and half. Would 10m supply and 3m fuel at home islands make it ?

(in reply to Evoken)
Post #: 4
Downfall Wunderwaffe 0.3 Supply and Fuel - 2/10/2021 7:13:18 AM   
Evoken

Updated link with 0.3 version.
Increased Home islands supply reserve to 10 and fuel to 3 million.
Starting a pbem with Deaniks for playtesting

(in reply to Evoken)
Post #: 5
RE: Downfall Wunderwaffe 0.3 Supply and Fuel - 2/10/2021 11:43:43 AM   
Cavalry Corp

OMG you have done my scn.... no kidding but... I have both these planes and been hunting for the art for THE G10N.

the B36 is one of the most interesting planes ever built and its a monster.

(in reply to Evoken)
Post #: 6
RE: Downfall Wunderwaffe 0.3 Supply and Fuel - 2/10/2021 12:02:19 PM   
Evoken

B-36 i found from here ; http://www.alternatewars.com/Games/WITP_AE/WITP_AE.htm

and G10 i believe is from Silver Wings mod that can be found here https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4589337&mpage=1&key=silver%2Cwings

Vipersp and Ryan Crierie did absolutely beautifull art for these planes , thanks for all their effort

(in reply to Cavalry Corp)
Post #: 7
RE: Downfall Wunderwaffe 0.3 Supply and Fuel - 2/10/2021 12:28:15 PM   
Cavalry Corp

Alas the silver wings link does not work now....

May I ask that you send me the plane sides as seperate BMP as I have a seperate plane sides file that I do not know how to add stuff and I find putting a seperate file in the game is much better.

esp interested in G10N if nothing else but the other would be nice too as could or should include the Meteor for late arrival.

then as you like hypothetical would you like to see my mod? Its kind of got some aspects of this but start from a kind of 1939 level. But the tech advances quicker.Its almost done and with quite a lot of help from you already and thanks.

(in reply to Evoken)
Post #: 8
RE: Downfall Wunderwaffe 0.3 Supply and Fuel - 2/10/2021 12:46:17 PM   
Evoken

Silver Wings download link here it has the art files you want , i use a free program called paint.net to carry them over to air art file i want. I dont have seperate files for them sadly but i can help you by putting the planes you want to your plane art file if you need
https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21AAAXWeiqw_k0yIY&id=2158BEC023F5A3D5%21156&cid=2158BEC023F5A3D5
Your mod also sounds good. I wasnt sure about how to balance all these wonder weapons properly so i've selected a small scenario to test it

Post #: 9
RE: Downfall Wunderwaffe 0.3 Supply and Fuel - 2/10/2021 2:23:25 PM   
Cavalry Corp

You are correct balancing these weapons is the key.

Okay I had a quick look at your work as it was quite fascinating to see how some of the hypothetical planes compared. Actually there were no major differences except you have more experience with the kind of varied loadouts that they could have. And broadly I adjusted mine closer to yours ( mine had lots of smaller bombs). As always in life the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle. But it's not good to have extremes.

I notice you also have aerial rockets in your game and probably have depth charges. How do you MoD these as one use weapons? I would like them in mine but I cannot see how they are to be modded as single use??

The one area where we did have a lot of disparity on the big bombers is the range. I think that the idea of these planes is that they could fly over the Atlantic and potentially most of the Pacific Ocean. I think some of these were intended to be one way trips landing at friendly bases on the other side. But still I think your ranges are a bit short. These planes are truly impressive. Especially the B36 which actually saw service. Also your B36 is pretty much unarmed. This is because on a couple of the websites it says only 2 x20MM cannon in the rear. But actually the plane was bristling with guns that are contained in hidden pods within the fuselage. It's totally amazing. I toned down my ranges a bit but they are still quite a bit more than yours - also to make things tricky the G10N has its own engine which must be built (as do my Jap Jets - Kikka has basic but the Karyu uses the ME262 Engine and indeed a later Engine even more powerful, leading to my Apex Preditor :)

I like very much your idea of the hybrid Yamato class. The idea of Japan expanding the Navy along the hybrid angle is carried over in my mode very strongly and a compromise in my jap navy as the last BB. Those ships are there to scout/ protect for the carriers the idea and doctrine was not to use the combat aircraft on the carriers themselves. Something which has quite a lot of credibility when your ships generally carry less combat aircraft than the enemy. Also good when you have the Jake- the best recon aircraft at the start of the war and for some time. Unfortunately the ship part I used does not show graphically properly what that ship would look like. Although I have used it.

Anyway I would appreciate a bit of your art to add to my MoD and all I need is the plane sides or you could add them in for me. I am especially interested in the art for the G10N , something I have been missing since the beginning. I was quite excited when I saw you do your post. To a lesser extent I'm also interested in the Meteor which I was going to include in my game as well ( and other similar) . I'm not very computer confident especially on anything to do with graphics, in fact I don't think I have ever done anything to do with graphics. That is why I am using the plane sides all the time. So if you send me a personal message I will send you my MoD by email and you can take a look. You may use anything you think fit within yours. I am also very keen to have some feedback as there is always things to improve.

I have been playing one game of my v1.1 which is now in March 1942 and is running very well and is actually very tense for both sides- low but growing availability of modern equipment as well. We play with two day turns which slows the operational tempo quite a lot. Once you get used to it it's better than the one they turn micromanagement stuff (But each horse to his own stable). I also have generally increased the maintenance of quite a lot of less robust aircraft which also means they are used a little bit more sparingly.

My mod starts in 1941 and finishes in mid 1946. It is based on the excellent RA mod which I have played twice and there is a lot of good balance there an interest for both sides. I have just enhanced it I made it more interesting with many, many , many more decision's at the strategic level to make for both sides.
The idea that it is fictional but not completely out of the realms of possibility. Japan has full autonomy to build a bespoke Navy but you can't build everything. Likewise with the Air Force we have realistic research and development only (with just a little bit of R+D). But you can choose to accelerate some of the new engines. This will allow the jet aircraft to come in a bit sooner. But not science fiction sooner.

If you send me a personal Mail message I will send you the files - maybe you will port in some of my stuff...thanks for the help.

(in reply to Evoken)
Post #: 10
RE: Downfall Wunderwaffe 0.3 Supply and Fuel - 2/10/2021 7:50:25 PM   
Evoken

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cavalry Corp

You are correct balancing these weapons is the key.

Okay I had a quick look at your work as it was quite fascinating to see how some of the hypothetical planes compared. Actually there were no major differences except you have more experience with the kind of varied loadouts that they could have. And broadly I adjusted mine closer to yours ( mine had lots of smaller bombs). As always in life the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle. But it's not good to have extremes.
From what i saw by game dev comments a lot of small bombs could be too strong for airfield attacks , from what i understand size of the bomb doesnt matter every single one creates a runway hit. So i limited airfield attacks to 250kg bombs generally , seems balanced from my testing so far

I notice you also have aerial rockets in your game and probably have depth charges. How do you MoD these as one use weapons? I would like them in mine but I cannot see how they are to be modded as single use??
Rockets need a bit more testing ,i set them up as GA Rockets with low accuracy. Just like any payload you limit them on the aircraft. Another way i saw Andy Mac do rockets is setting them up as AP Bombs with really low accuracy , i will try both methods

The one area where we did have a lot of disparity on the big bombers is the range. I think that the idea of these planes is that they could fly over the Atlantic and potentially most of the Pacific Ocean. I think some of these were intended to be one way trips landing at friendly bases on the other side. But still I think your ranges are a bit short. These planes are truly impressive. Especially the B36 which actually saw service. Also your B36 is pretty much unarmed. This is because on a couple of the websites it says only 2 x20MM cannon in the rear. But actually the plane was bristling with guns that are contained in hidden pods within the fuselage. It's totally amazing. I toned down my ranges a bit but they are still quite a bit more than yours - also to make things tricky the G10N has its own engine which must be built (as do my Jap Jets - Kikka has basic but the Karyu uses the ME262 Engine and indeed a later Engine even more powerful, leading to my Apex Preditor :)
I will need to do a bit more research about B-36 was a last minute addition intended as one big hammer to break Japanese resistance if they manage to hold strong into 1947. I might increase the engine requirement for G10N Fugaku to 12 Engines as a balance measure

I like very much your idea of the hybrid Yamato class. The idea of Japan expanding the Navy along the hybrid angle is carried over in my mode very strongly and a compromise in my jap navy as the last BB. Those ships are there to scout/ protect for the carriers the idea and doctrine was not to use the combat aircraft on the carriers themselves. Something which has quite a lot of credibility when your ships generally carry less combat aircraft than the enemy. Also good when you have the Jake- the best recon aircraft at the start of the war and for some time. Unfortunately the ship part I used does not show graphically properly what that ship would look like. Although I have used it.
Hybrid Yamato is a bit on the fantasy side with the stats but i have added it for the fun factor. One ship wont change the outcome of the war and in my testing it fell victim to raging fires after getting targeted by Attack bombers at Okinawa

Anyway I would appreciate a bit of your art to add to my MoD and all I need is the plane sides or you could add them in for me. I am especially interested in the art for the G10N , something I have been missing since the beginning. I was quite excited when I saw you do your post. To a lesser extent I'm also interested in the Meteor which I was going to include in my game as well ( and other similar) . I'm not very computer confident especially on anything to do with graphics, in fact I don't think I have ever done anything to do with graphics. That is why I am using the plane sides all the time. So if you send me a personal message I will send you my MoD by email and you can take a look. You may use anything you think fit within yours. I am also very keen to have some feedback as there is always things to improve.
I have sent you my email in pm , i can help

I have been playing one game of my v1.1 which is now in March 1942 and is running very well and is actually very tense for both sides- low but growing availability of modern equipment as well. We play with two day turns which slows the operational tempo quite a lot. Once you get used to it it's better than the one they turn micromanagement stuff (But each horse to his own stable). I also have generally increased the maintenance of quite a lot of less robust aircraft which also means they are used a little bit more sparingly.

My mod starts in 1941 and finishes in mid 1946. It is based on the excellent RA mod which I have played twice and there is a lot of good balance there an interest for both sides. I have just enhanced it I made it more interesting with many, many , many more decision's at the strategic level to make for both sides.
The idea that it is fictional but not completely out of the realms of possibility. Japan has full autonomy to build a bespoke Navy but you can't build everything. Likewise with the Air Force we have realistic research and development only (with just a little bit of R+D). But you can choose to accelerate some of the new engines. This will allow the jet aircraft to come in a bit sooner. But not science fiction sooner.
As long as you prevent these wonder weapons reaching battlefield too quick it should be fine , Allied Air Power in 1945 is truely unmatched

If you send me a personal Mail message I will send you the files - maybe you will port in some of my stuff...thanks for the help.

Post #: 11
RE: Downfall Wunderwaffe 0.3 Supply and Fuel - 2/10/2021 8:47:47 PM   
Evoken

100 Turns later!
I have left the game in AI Vs AI mode for 100 turns
Allied AI managed to sink most of the IJN and secure beach heads at Home islands , very impressive

Major ship losses
IJN;

Allies;

Air losses;

(in reply to Evoken)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Downfall Wunderwaffe 0.3 Supply and Fuel Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI