Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Decisions regarding Algeria and Portugal

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I >> Decisions regarding Algeria and Portugal Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Decisions regarding Algeria and Portugal - 2/7/2021 6:51:21 AM   
Tendraline

So, long story short, as Italy in the Triple Alliance scenario since the French AI placed a few lonely detachments in North Africa, I took them out one by one via marines, battleships, and attrition.

Of course, given DE 200, which recalls Lyautey, there are fairly clearly more units in the area that just could not appear since Paris did not get captured. I think it goes without saying that, excluding game balance for a second, that Lyautey should at least be able to defend himself and his men instead of hopelessly looking as the Italians march across Algeria with no resistance.

Meanwhile, the Allies are pushing Portugal towards war, and by the time I captured Morocco Portugal, with high rolls, became close to joining the Allies. So I quickly staged a naval invasion and captured the port of Lagos. Thing is, that is where DE 105 spawns a Portuguese corps, and so the Portuguese are now stuck with only low-strength detachments for the defense of their now-forsaken homeland.

In this case, I would recommend alternate deployment locations, but I'm not sure if that works. As an example, the detachment that used to deploy in Basra now deploys in Kuwait even without nearby Ottomans. Bug or feature, I don't know.
Post #: 1
RE: Decisions regarding Algeria and Portugal - 2/8/2021 11:05:16 AM   
BillRunacre

Hi Tendraline

1) Just to be sure, I think you're suggesting that the French AI receives some units in North Africa if the Italians start advancing west. Do you have any thoughts on exactly where, given that you destroyed their predecessors?

2) I can add in alternate deployment locations so will have a think about ones for that. Thanks for posting!

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to Tendraline)
Post #: 2
RE: Decisions regarding Algeria and Portugal - 2/9/2021 6:13:50 PM   
Tendraline

quote:

ORIGINAL: BillRunacre

Hi Tendraline

1) Just to be sure, I think you're suggesting that the French AI receives some units in North Africa if the Italians start advancing west. Do you have any thoughts on exactly where, given that you destroyed their predecessors?

2) I can add in alternate deployment locations so will have a think about ones for that. Thanks for posting!

For the French units, I suggest that they should appear before the Italians arrive in Algiers so that they could begin fighting or evacuating, whichever the French player does. So if a land unit gets a certain number of hexes within Algiers or Oran, Algeria's two ports.

Also, for those wondering how I got battleships onto the other side of Gibraltar, I literally bombarded the port to the ground. The Allied AI had completely withdrawn from the western Mediterranean, having lost every port but Gibraltar and giving me the license to do so.

< Message edited by Tendraline -- 2/9/2021 6:20:50 PM >

(in reply to BillRunacre)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I >> Decisions regarding Algeria and Portugal Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI