Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Extended Game length

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Extended Game length Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Extended Game length - 2/5/2021 1:57:22 PM   
wobbleguts

Hi,

Playing Barbarossa (done so a few times now) and have been using the 'extended game length option'. Someone said on these forums that this will stretch the end date to 1952.

That was exactly the option I was looking for because I hate forced end dates. I use the additional turns to learn about stretched supply etc and gloat about changing world history.

I selected this optional rule twice when starting the scenario, but each time my Barbarossa ended in Jan/Feb 1942, which is historically accurate but in no way extended. This is v annoying because while I win (axis biased for now) I haven't had the time to take Georgia or cities like archangel.

My latest game just ended at the same early 1942 date so I checked the optional rules while the game was still open to see what was going on. Yes, the 'extended game length' is ticked, but if I select it, I get an info screen and an extra button - 'select end date'. BINGO! Of course I selected 1952. Didn't help with my finished game (because it has ended) but I loaded the previous save and it works! I am now back at Nov/DEC 1941 and have 67 turns remaining!

Most games that allow you to do this have a simple 'disable end date' option which you select and it's done. Of course Detailed/Complex/non-intuative WIF wants you to jump a few more hurdles before it happens. Fiddly but I'm glad I found the missing steps.

Having finally found out how to extend this scenario, I have a question. Only one.

I reloaded the saved game and changed the end date to 1952. It is now late 1941. I have already taken Moscow and will take Stalingrad soon. Looking at the map, the USSR is already basically defeated. Is there a point in this scenario when they will actually surrender? Do surrenders happen in WIF? (they probably do).

< Message edited by wobbleguts -- 2/5/2021 1:58:18 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Extended Game length - 2/5/2021 4:03:35 PM   
michaelbaldur

the 2 small scenarios are limited to 5 turns.

extended game length only work with the full scenarios

the wif rulebook is my bible

I work hard, not smart.

beta tester and Mwif expert

if you have questions or issues with the game, just contact me on Michaelbaldur1@gmail.com

(in reply to wobbleguts)
Post #: 2
RE: Extended Game length - 2/6/2021 1:06:46 PM   
wobbleguts

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelbaldur

the 2 small scenarios are limited to 5 turns.

extended game length only work with the full scenarios

No, you can extend the end date on the short Barbarossa scenario. Not sure how well it works but I will give it a go. Am now up to spring 1942 and have 64 turns remaining.

Will the game end if I take the last 5 USSR objectives for the Axis?

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by wobbleguts -- 2/6/2021 1:21:45 PM >

(in reply to michaelbaldur)
Post #: 3
RE: Extended Game length - 2/6/2021 1:28:04 PM   
wobbleguts

Look at how pitiful the USSR position is.

All I needed was one more month added to the scenario to get to this. Not good enough to do it with restricted turns.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by wobbleguts -- 2/6/2021 1:33:54 PM >

(in reply to wobbleguts)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Extended Game length Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI