Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

dutch east indies - hotfix?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Tech Support >> dutch east indies - hotfix? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
dutch east indies - hotfix? - 2/5/2021 12:34:20 PM   
calcwerc

Score: 0
Many have reported about the bug with Dutch East Indies joining the Axis without diplomacy, seems it happened in my only 1.09 game so far as well. I wonder wether this could be fixed in a hotfix instead of in the next patch, as it is possibly gamebreaking in PBEM.
Alternatively: is it possible to rolle back to 1.08 until the patch is released?
Post #: 1
RE: dutch east indies - hotfix? - 2/5/2021 2:54:03 PM   
EarlyDoors

I agree that its a game breaker

I actually can't beleve that this has not been patched yet given both its severity and how easy it is to fix: its just config right?

10-14 PBEM++
-----------
Honours the game
-----------
http://scwaw-rankings.s3-website.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com

(in reply to calcwerc)
Post #: 2
RE: dutch east indies - hotfix? - 2/5/2021 3:39:59 PM   
Hubert Cater

Score: 2
Sorry about the delay guys, we had a hotfix ready but scheduling became an issue with some new releases and other patches and the tournament was literally about to start and we didn't want to possibly introduce any other errors in rushing. It's been fixed and we should hopefully have it out soon enough. After that a few other items ended up being in need of fixing as well and we are finalizing things on our end and will submit shortly for patch processing etc.

< Message edited by Hubert Cater -- 2/5/2021 3:40:25 PM >

(in reply to EarlyDoors)
Post #: 3
RE: dutch east indies - hotfix? - 2/5/2021 8:10:12 PM   
ElvisJJonesRambo

I'm getting old & dumber. Never noticed.

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 4
RE: dutch east indies - hotfix? - 2/12/2021 4:53:08 PM   
petedalby

Just experienced the same thing. Seems to be linked to Italy entering the war. I've suggested an in game work around. We disband any air & land units and sail the naval units to the Antarctic where they will take no further part in the game. But it still gives the Japanese an advantage since it doesn't need to be conquered.

We need a fix to this asap please

(in reply to ElvisJJonesRambo)
Post #: 5
RE: dutch east indies - hotfix? - 2/13/2021 10:36:23 AM   
Hubert Cater

Apologies for the delay, a fix should now be ready and released fairly soon if all goes well with processing and prepping the patch for release.

(in reply to petedalby)
Post #: 6
Dutch Freeby Points - 4/5/2021 7:54:49 PM   
drolfs

Dutch bonus must still be there, because I experienced it over the weekend when I played as only the Japanese team for a change. I must say I appreciated the extra shopping points!

Been playing this game almost 20 years now. I still enjoy the historical context and try to briefly use the game as a visual aid in the classroom when I discuss the Axis' high tide and war's turning points.

< Message edited by drolfs -- 4/5/2021 9:40:30 PM >

Post #: 7
RE: Dutch Freeby Points - 4/6/2021 12:29:30 PM   
BillRunacre

quote:

ORIGINAL: drolfs

Dutch bonus must still be there, because I experienced it over the weekend when I played as only the Japanese team for a change. I must say I appreciated the extra shopping points!

It's definitely fixed my side. Please can you confirm what game version you're playing, and also that this happened when a new game was started (i.e. not an older one that was continued)?

quote:

Been playing this game almost 20 years now. I still enjoy the historical context and try to briefly use the game as a visual aid in the classroom when I discuss the Axis' high tide and war's turning points.

That's very interesting and encouraging to hear.

< Message edited by BillRunacre -- 4/6/2021 12:32:44 PM >

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to drolfs)
Post #: 8
RE: Dutch Freeby Points - 4/6/2021 1:04:05 PM   
Hubert Cater

One other possibility is that if you are playing with a modified campaign, if the mod was built off of the earlier bugged version of the campaign then that would explain it as well.

(in reply to BillRunacre)
Post #: 9
RE: Dutch Freeby Points - 4/6/2021 1:18:49 PM   
Hubert Cater

quote:

ORIGINAL: drolfs

Just wanted to quickly add a big thank you for your support and continued interest of the games from me as well

< Message edited by Hubert Cater -- 4/6/2021 1:19:05 PM >

(in reply to drolfs)
Post #: 10
RE: Dutch Freeby Points - 4/10/2021 7:35:41 PM   
drolfs

Yes, playing with a modified game created before the fix, so that explains it.

As a teacher, I must say you and your team deserve tremendous credit for creating such entertaining and historically informative games that recapture the "feel" of these momentous world events. The thoughful game innovations, challenging AI, attention to historical detail, built-in sandbox flexibility to modify the sim, and 24/7 customer support are a winning formula and I wish you much continued, well-deserved success with any other projects you are associated with!

David Rolfs

Post #: 11
RE: Dutch Freeby Points - 4/11/2021 4:31:40 AM   
drolfs

May have spoken too soon. I just restarted the game's 39 campaign, with the 1.10 update installed. When I play as Japan with the AI working Germany and Italy, I'm still getting the Dutch East Indies bonus in Sept. '39 while Poland is falling. So it wasn't just a problem with my modded game.

(in reply to drolfs)
Post #: 12
RE: Dutch Freeby Points - 4/12/2021 8:07:14 AM   
BillRunacre

I've just tried repeating this using the Steam version of 1.10 but without success, i.e. everything has been working as intended.

I am therefore rather confused, and it would be good to know if anyone else is experiencing it when starting a new game with the latest version too.

(in reply to drolfs)
Post #: 13
RE: Dutch Freeby Points - 4/13/2021 12:30:14 AM   
sschnar1

<My 2 cents worth>

I only have the information you have supplied here in this mail, but...

Have you re-built your MODS in version 1.10?
As far as I Know, changes to 'SCRIPT' files do not transfer to new versions. The game engine does but not the 'SCRIPT'.

Bill can verify this for me too.

Steven

Post #: 14
RE: Dutch Freeby Points - 4/13/2021 9:05:11 AM   
BillRunacre

quote:

ORIGINAL: sschnar1

<My 2 cents worth>

I only have the information you have supplied here in this mail, but...

Have you re-built your MODS in version 1.10?
As far as I Know, changes to 'SCRIPT' files do not transfer to new versions. The game engine does but not the 'SCRIPT'.

Bill can verify this for me too.

Steven

That is correct, no patch will change the details within any user made campaigns (aka mods).

(in reply to sschnar1)
Post #: 15
RE: Dutch Freeby Points - 4/13/2021 11:29:36 PM   
drolfs

Hi,

Sorry if my previous message confused anyone. So I was experiencing the "bonus" playing my modded game about 9-10 days ago (which you had previously explained the reasoning for), but this weekend, just to make sure the original installed game was indeed fixed, I reloaded the 1.10 update on my cpu and then just started playing the bundled 39 campaign as the Axis, with all the other powers check for AI control except Japan. And playing as Japan on my first turn, I received the Dutch E. Indies bonus. So this led me to concluded the unmodded '39 campaign must still have an issue.

The only other thing that comes to mind is whether or not I still have some older game files in the folder that perhaps could somehow still be messing with the new install. Any ideas?

Post #: 16
RE: Dutch Freeby Points - 4/14/2021 9:03:40 AM   
BillRunacre

It does sound like your files aren't up to date, I would recommend checking for updates/reinstalling the game.

We should have a new patch out soon but I can't say exactly when, so waiting for that is an alternative.

(in reply to drolfs)
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Tech Support >> dutch east indies - hotfix? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI