Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Local recon

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Local recon Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Local recon - 2/4/2021 11:02:36 AM   
guctony

What will be the local Recon possibilities other than recon flights.

For me one of the biggest drawback of my capacity to play WITE was my incapacity to asses local situations for counter attack or breakthrough attack.

I always assumed one of the key points in German success was tactically they could judge the timing of their counter attack timing in reference to enemy capacity for offensive reach.

In WITE it is very difficult to judge enemy potential if enough notes of enemy action is not taken to understand their actual status in terms of reediness.

I mean as Russian player it is very difficult to benefit from recon to time a counter attack to German advance parties with appropriate force level. Normally we rely on German player to create an difficult defensive layout for counter attack. But this can be be big disaster if Germans succeed in stopping Russian counter attack as looses are very high for Soviets in 1941 assaults'.

So is there be some recon regarding German units CPP for Soviets. or at least some recon data gathered for movement of German units could be presented for intelligence operations.
Currently if the player doesn't take time consuming methods there is no way to locate or follow up enemy movement turn by turn.
A combat summary screen where selected identified enemy units pinpointed in map would be great way to create well planned counter attacks for both sides. specially in 1942-1944 area.

It turns out that capitalism requires scarcity to operate

You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete. BUCKMINSTER FULLER
Post #: 1
RE: Local recon - 2/4/2021 2:24:56 PM   
CapAndGown

A tool to track the position and history of enemy units graphically would be nice. Some players do this manually right now, probably with pen and paper, but a integrated tool would be nice to have.

(in reply to guctony)
Post #: 2
RE: Local recon - 2/4/2021 8:36:31 PM   
wodin

quote:

ORIGINAL: CapAndGown

A tool to track the position and history of enemy units graphically would be nice. Some players do this manually right now, probably with pen and paper, but a integrated tool would be nice to have.

Yes please. To see how you are matching up to historical results is something I've always wanted in wargames.

(in reply to CapAndGown)
Post #: 3
RE: Local recon - 2/4/2021 10:43:24 PM   
Joel Billings

We do have capture dates you can display on the map for all the Soviet cities so you can compare your progress by looking at those.

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East 2 >> Local recon Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI