Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

What If You Don't Attack Russia?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> What If You Don't Attack Russia? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What If You Don't Attack Russia? - 2/2/2021 8:03:08 PM   
majpalmer

I had my Axis Horde aligned along the Soviet border on the morning of 9 May 1941. But I had a thought? If, for whatever reason, I was not ready to attack or needed to delay a few more turns to wait for those last two Panzer Corps, what would the Russians do? Or if I had embarked on an alternate western strategy--the Med or Sea Lion. How much time would I have? So I re-saved the game at that spot under another filename and clicked on the next turn button. At the time, Soviet entry was at 75%.

And there it remained until 20 June when it rose to 85? Only on 6 January did it go to 95! At that point I declared war on Spain thinking that might speed things up.

It didn't! Only on 8 May 1942 did the USSR declare war on the Axis.I kept playing to see what strategy it would pursue.Northern? Southern?

Keep in mind, I had a solid line of corps along the entire border from the Baltic to the Black Sea. The Soviet response was to fall back to a line that would approximate the Stalin Line, if it was marked in the game.

I gave up in October. The Axis hadn't suffered a single casualty, land or air, along the entire Eastern Front. And now the rain had arrived and clearly the Soviets weren't going anywhere until the Spring of 1943.

I assume that the AI would have attacked when Russia entered if I had a weak force in the east. Does anyone no if there's a force linked trigger akin to the six unit rule following Poland? Could I have safely garrisoned the east with six divisions until May 1942?

Post #: 1
RE: What If You Don't Attack Russia? - 2/2/2021 10:07:41 PM   
AlvaroSousa

Russia isn't strong enough to go on the offensive until at least 1943 and the A.I. knows that.

Creater Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific

Designer Strategic Command
- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Assault on Communism SC2
- Assault on Democracy SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3

(in reply to majpalmer)
Post #: 2
RE: What If You Don't Attack Russia? - 2/3/2021 1:58:29 PM   
WraithMagus

I think it's the same thing as what happens if you don't invade France or Denmark. Sure, nothing FORCES you to do so, but it's going to be much harder on you if you don't rush in and claim all those production points when it's easy to do so. Time is on the Allies's side.

(in reply to AlvaroSousa)
Post #: 3
RE: What If You Don't Attack Russia? - 2/23/2021 5:04:49 AM   
klzlueylx

I believe there is a chapter about Russian Offensive in the Game Notes (at least in 1.006 and 007 version), which after Soviet finishs it's military revolution, it will be able to declear war against Nazis at a exact specificed time (cant change diplo-relations before then). AI may do it by 42's autumn or 43's summer as I remembered, while players would do it soon as he could.

Victory at all costs.

(in reply to WraithMagus)
Post #: 4
RE: What If You Don't Attack Russia? - 2/23/2021 5:12:40 AM   
klzlueylx

True, but France cant really organise a offensive even in '45 against Siegfried Line, it's soliders too weak and organsition limited it's army numbers like a already full bottle. Nor can Denmark nor the Benelux.

But USSR could punch Nazis in the face by then. Like a thunderstorm really.

Victory at all costs.

(in reply to WraithMagus)
Post #: 5
RE: What If You Don't Attack Russia? - 2/23/2021 2:21:57 PM   
AlvaroSousa

May 1942 the Russians can DOW.

Creater Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific

Designer Strategic Command
- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Assault on Communism SC2
- Assault on Democracy SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3

(in reply to klzlueylx)
Post #: 6
RE: What If You Don't Attack Russia? - 2/23/2021 4:40:43 PM   
stjeand

When I played at the Allies against an Uber German AI it was crazier than I expected.

All was normal until France. Yes the Uber German can walk over you, 30 strength Armor that early are brutal.
Once France fell Germany kicked off Sealion, which I did not expect. The UK held...but was busy.

Germany then wiped out Vichy, Spain and Portugal, which again was fully unexpected.

They then made a half effort at Africa which failed...

Did not invade the USSR until 42...And did not get very far and it ended there.

I have attacked the USSR a few times in 42 and the Russians seem weaker because of the amount of armor the Germans can bring....

I am sure there are players out there that could hammer that. Will test that out at some point.

(in reply to AlvaroSousa)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> What If You Don't Attack Russia? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI