Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Is this formula still accurate?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> Is this formula still accurate? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Is this formula still accurate? - 1/31/2021 4:48:40 PM   
ncc1701e

From the manual:

Map Effectiveness Recovery — Map supply levels increase the effectiveness recovery of a unit. Headquarters also increase the effectiveness recovery of a unit. The base recovery is 6%. Each map supply level adds 2% recovery. A unit within the range of a headquarters adds another 4% to its recovery. When recovering effectiveness from map supply it is subject to a modifier

Effectiveness Modifier — The total of supply is discounted by how high in effectiveness a unit is. The less effectiveness it has, the more it recovers as part of the full amount. This reflects normal wear and tear usage of supplies and parts, soldiers getting ill, errors in logistics. The amount recovered from map supply is calculated as such.

(1 – current effectiveness) X map supply recovery amount.

The US 6th Corps with 60% effectiveness in main supply map level 9 with an HQ in command range would get a base of 6% + map level of 18% + HQ of 4% = 28%. Applying the formula (1 – 0.60%) X 0.28 = 0.11 = +11% effectiveness recovered.

Using a supply truck, beachhead, or air transport supply option on a unit gains a base recovery of 6% and +1 unit supply to the raw effectiveness score. A maximum of 34% effectiveness may be recovered per turn. A unit can benefit from only one HQ per turn.

After calculating the US 6th Corps map supply it recovered 11% effectiveness for a new amount of 71% effectiveness. They Allied player decides to use a supply truck to further increase it’s effectiveness. Now the US 6th Corps has a 77% effectiveness as supply trucks, and naval supply, recovery are added directly to effectiveness.

Chancellor Gorkon to Captain James T. Kirk:
You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.
Post #: 1
RE: Is this formula still accurate? - 1/31/2021 5:28:55 PM   
ncc1701e

Except supply truck that is now adding 4% effectiveness only. But, what about beachhead supply option and air transport supply option? Is it a base recovery of 6% or of 4%?

You don't trust me, do you? I don't blame you. If there is to be a brave new world, our generation is going to have the hardest time living in it.

(in reply to ncc1701e)
Post #: 2
RE: Is this formula still accurate? - 1/31/2021 6:11:21 PM   
AlvaroSousa

Supply truck is now 4% the rest is the same.

Don't ask me to figure out and answer how it works or in X or Y situation because I have done so 50x and it has been right.

Creator Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific

Designer Strategic Command
- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Assault on Communism SC2
- Assault on Democracy SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3

(in reply to ncc1701e)
Post #: 3
RE: Is this formula still accurate? - 1/31/2021 6:34:40 PM   
ncc1701e

quote:

ORIGINAL: AlvaroSousa

Supply truck is now 4% the rest is the same.

Don't ask me to figure out and answer how it works or in X or Y situation because I have done so 50x and it has been right.

Thanks, I was just not sure for the "rest"

(in reply to AlvaroSousa)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> Is this formula still accurate? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI