Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Warping question(s)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Coming Soon] >> Distant Worlds 2 >> Warping question(s) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Warping question(s) - 1/31/2021 3:12:09 AM   
Drumline2

Just a few simple questions on the warp topic.

1) Is the graphic for ships entering/exiting warp final and are they moddable? The current one I saw on stream for them entering warp was a little odd. I dont think I saw one, if there is one, for a ship coming out of warp but I remember seeing ships enter warp leaving the battle video.

2) With ships taking multiple jumps, is that even as they receive the high tier warp drives? Can they skip some systems as their range increases or do they still warp system to system even if, for arguments sake, a ship has the range to warp from one end of the galaxy to the other.

And a final UI related question, if I wanted to play the game enjoying the full view of the ships and planets without the icons the further I zoom out, is that possible? Same question for the weapon range overlays as well for the ships.

Thanks Erik!

Post #: 1
RE: Warping question(s) - 1/31/2021 9:50:09 AM   
Miletkir

(please try to use the question thread )

(in reply to Drumline2)
Post #: 2
RE: Warping question(s) - 1/31/2021 2:07:26 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: Drumline2
1) Is the graphic for ships entering/exiting warp final and are they moddable? The current one I saw on stream for them entering warp was a little odd. I dont think I saw one, if there is one, for a ship coming out of warp but I remember seeing ships enter warp leaving the battle video.

Still work in progress. Not sure yet on moddability but I expect it may be moddable.

quote:

2) With ships taking multiple jumps, is that even as they receive the high tier warp drives? Can they skip some systems as their range increases or do they still warp system to system even if, for arguments sake, a ship has the range to warp from one end of the galaxy to the other.

Yes, better hyperdrive technology increases maximum jump range significantly.

quote:

And a final UI related question, if I wanted to play the game enjoying the full view of the ships and planets without the icons the further I zoom out, is that possible? Same question for the weapon range overlays as well for the ships.

You're asking if you can turn the UI off when you want to for more cinematic views? Yes, we're planning to add in a key for that.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Drumline2)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Coming Soon] >> Distant Worlds 2 >> Warping question(s) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI