Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New Player playing as Allies looking for a 1939 game.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Multiplayer Sessions >> New Player playing as Allies looking for a 1939 game. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New Player playing as Allies looking for a 1939 game. - 1/30/2021 10:10:51 AM   
warspite1

Need a game with me as Allies to even up the current games.

Experience level: Partly played one game vs AI in 2019 then left the game. Came back a few weeks back and currently have three games on the go (being trounced in two and not sure how I'm doing in the third (although my Barbarossa attack stank the place out ).

Looking for a good challenge with another fairly new player, so anyone who is experienced at the game and knows every rule and gamey exploit, you are not going to get anything like a satisfying game from me so please don't waste your time.

Thanks

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

Post #: 1
RE: New Player playing as Allies looking for a 1939 game. - 2/10/2021 6:14:30 PM   
rafaelmbaez

Hi warspite1

I am happy to be your opponent if you like, this would be my first PBEM game, but have played a bit against the AI.

Let me know, as I dont know exactly how the PBEM works.

Thanks

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 2
RE: New Player playing as Allies looking for a 1939 game. - 2/10/2021 6:51:07 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: rafaelmbaez

Hi warspite1

I am happy to be your opponent if you like, this would be my first PBEM game, but have played a bit against the AI.

Let me know, as I dont know exactly how the PBEM works.

Thanks
warspite1

I can set a game up.

Go into PBEM++ Online and the password is Weserubung.

And away you go.

Possibly won't get a turn in today as the footie is on tonight, but then again, if we stink the place out as usual I may switch off and return to gaming

I've picked the Race to Victory scenario so it ends in 1945.

(in reply to rafaelmbaez)
Post #: 3
RE: New Player playing as Allies looking for a 1939 game. - 2/10/2021 6:52:30 PM   
rafaelmbaez

You have a match :)

Will do 1st turn now

Good luck and have fun

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 4
RE: New Player playing as Allies looking for a 1939 game. - 2/10/2021 6:55:53 PM   
rafaelmbaez

I just checked and there are 3 opened challenges from you. Should I choose one of those, or you will create another one for us?

Sorry, first game, maybe newbie questions

Post #: 5
RE: New Player playing as Allies looking for a 1939 game. - 2/10/2021 7:04:18 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: rafaelmbaez

I just checked and there are 3 opened challenges from you. Should I choose one of those, or you will create another one for us?

Sorry, first game, maybe newbie questions
warspite1

I guess its trial and error - only one of those will have Weserubung as the password

Post #: 6
RE: New Player playing as Allies looking for a 1939 game. - 2/22/2021 10:47:01 AM   
rafaelmbaez

Hi warspite

Now with the surrender of the Soviets, you want to continue ? I am happy to continue, lots of plans in my head, but over to you.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 7
RE: New Player playing as Allies looking for a 1939 game. - 2/22/2021 4:07:11 PM   
warspite1

Sounds like your running scared? I'll accept your surrender.

Post #: 8
RE: New Player playing as Allies looking for a 1939 game. - 2/22/2021 4:14:49 PM   
rafaelmbaez

Ok mate, rock and roll

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 9
RE: New Player playing as Allies looking for a 1939 game. - 2/28/2021 8:09:34 AM   
rafaelmbaez

Hi again warspite

Has been a good game, but with London taken with full dominance of the air and sea and lots of troops coming to UK, plus Egypt and China about to fall, UK will be out of the game ( Soviet are gone too ), its time to finish the game mate.

I have so much MPP with Germany that I cannot research or build anymore, and I will have with Japan over 12 carriers.

It has been a good game, and happy to share thoughts about the game so we can talk about strategies and mistakes of each other.

Let me know, I think we both are now losing time that we can spend in other games?

Happy to give you a rematch as soon as I finish one of my other games ( I think you are running lots of games too )

Post #: 10
RE: New Player playing as Allies looking for a 1939 game. - 2/28/2021 8:44:25 AM   
warspite1

Well as the great Bucks Fizz once warbled "If you can't stand the heat...."

But yes, we can end the game now if you wish. Congratulations on your victory.

Post #: 11
RE: New Player playing as Allies looking for a 1939 game. - 2/28/2021 9:05:44 AM   
rafaelmbaez

I honestly thought I was going to lose after so much losses in France ( 2 tanks, 2 paras , fantastic defense of France, gave me hints for my 3 PBEM games as Allies, although I destroyed all the BEF apart from the HQ ), but the URSS was kind of easy ( I think its a mistake to defend that far, you lose a lot of MPP very quickly, and I think in the URSS campaign you need to delay the Axis to get their NM objetives as much as possible )

Air power was devastating in Russia without no AA

Also China was on his knees very soon even after Beijing was taken ( my mistake, but allowed me to destroy a couple of armies that I surrounded and you couldnt rebuild cheap). Changsa and Nanjing was taken early ( both are the keys to defend China in my opinion )

Even with that, I made the mistake to build 4 naval bombers with Japan, that did nothing in the war until the invasion of India, where the Royal Navy was sunk losing 4 carriers for no losses.

I could evacuate NA after some delays losing just a couple of italians, but failed in Abysinia ( should have sent more italians there )

I almost failed my assault in Hawaii, but after taken it, the Pacific was a JAP ocean and I could focus on India.

In any case, fantastic experience in my first PBEM game, thanks and happy to do a rematch soon!

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII: World at War >> Multiplayer Sessions >> New Player playing as Allies looking for a 1939 game. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI