Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Distant Worlds 2 - Coming Soon

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix >> Distant Worlds 2 - Coming Soon Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Distant Worlds 2 - Coming Soon - 1/26/2021 4:31:55 PM   
Mantuvec

Distant Worlds, the critically acclaimed 4X space strategy game returns with a brand new 64-bit engine, 3D graphics and a polished interface to begin an epic new Distant Worlds series with: Distant Worlds 2

- Play in galaxies with up to 2,000 star systems and tens of thousands of planets, moons and asteroids.
- Automate the various tasks in your empire, so that you can focus on the areas that you enjoy most.
- Explore the vast galaxy, discovering valuable resources, potential colonies for your empire and making contact with other empires.
- Defend the outlying areas of your empire to protect it from raiding pirates or dangerous space monsters.
- Develop new technologies for building your own unique ships and star bases. 
- Interact with other empires, discussing treaties, making trade offers or just giving them a piece of your mind.

Distant Worlds 2 is a vast, pausable real-time 4X space strategy game: 
Experience the full depth and detail of a turn-based strategy, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and with the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. 

The Universe is Yours! 
Post #: 1
RE: Distant Worlds 2 - Coming Soon - 1/26/2021 5:41:56 PM   
Erik Rutins

Just in case you missed the reveal stream, here's the link:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/888875863

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Mantuvec)
Post #: 2
RE: Distant Worlds 2 - Coming Soon - 1/27/2021 8:29:51 AM   
Pocus

Did I heard right Erik that you can manually order a Civilian ship, if need be? This seems nothing, but sometime for a time-critical resource, this can be a life-saver.

And another question. When you go to war with someone, are the resources they reserved on your world going back to your own pool? I always found that illogical and very frustrating they don't (in DW1), and especially when said resource was also in flux for your empire!

< Message edited by Pocus -- 1/27/2021 8:30:52 AM >

AGEOD Team - Lead Developer
Makers of Empires, ACW2, EAW, WIA, WON

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 3
RE: Distant Worlds 2 - Coming Soon - 1/27/2021 1:08:30 PM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pocus
Did I heard right Erik that you can manually order a Civilian ship, if need be? This seems nothing, but sometime for a time-critical resource, this can be a life-saver.

You can't take control of civilian ships, but you do have a better lever to indicate prioritization and influence the "pull" part of the equation for prioritization.

quote:

And another question. When you go to war with someone, are the resources they reserved on your world going back to your own pool? I always found that illogical and very frustrating they don't (in DW1), and especially when said resource was also in flux for your empire!

I'll check on this, not sure off the top of my head, but a lot of the resource handling logic is new in DW2 and works much better.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Pocus)
Post #: 4
RE: Distant Worlds 2 - Coming Soon - 1/27/2021 1:40:57 PM   
OldSarge

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Just in case you missed the reveal stream, here's the link:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/888875863

Thanks, Erik!

BTW, that link didn't lead to the reveal video. I found it here: https://www.twitch.tv/slitherinegroup/video/889911795

< Message edited by OldSarge -- 1/27/2021 1:42:13 PM >

You and the rest, you forgot the first rule of the fanatic: When you become obsessed with the enemy, you become the enemy.
Jeffrey Sinclair, "Infection", Babylon 5

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 5
RE: Distant Worlds 2 - Coming Soon - 1/27/2021 3:10:26 PM   
WiZz

I've watched the stream a bit and one question bugs me too much: are planets moving or will move on orbits in future? It was very immersive in DW1 to watch on some solar systems.

(in reply to OldSarge)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix >> Distant Worlds 2 - Coming Soon Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI