Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Kawanishi N1K2-J Shiden Kai – When Violet Lightning Strikes!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Kawanishi N1K2-J Shiden Kai – When Violet Lightning Strikes! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Kawanishi N1K2-J Shiden Kai – When Violet Lightning Str... - 1/26/2021 12:24:30 AM   
RangerJoe

The George:

quote:

The Survivors: Kawanishi N1K2-J Shiden Kai – When Violet Lightning Strikes!

Kawanishi N1K2-Ja Shiden Kai fighter of the elite Imperial Japanese Navy 343rd Kokutai at the National Naval Aviation Museum in Pensacola, Florida
The Survivors: Kawanishi N1K2-J Shiden Kai – When Violet Lightning Strikes!

The Kawanishi N1K1-J Shiden (“Violet Lightning“, Allied Code Name: George) and N1K2-J Shiden Kai (Modified) are regarded as the best land based fighter operated by the Imperial Japanese Navy during World War Two. The George was reasonably fast (top speed 595 Km/h / 369 mph – a bit less than the planned 656 km/h / 408mph), maneuverable, heavily armed (later models had 4 x 20mm Type 99 wing mounted cannons – they could also carry 2 x 250kg bombs), well armoured and had a good operational range.

In the right hands it was a match for US Navy Vought F4U Corsair and Grumman F6F Hellcat fighters but as was often the case for the Japanese, it was introduced too late (1943) and with only 1,413 produced between 1943-1945 (only 406 of these were the N1K2-J model), it was not built in enough numbers to change the course of the war and the ever approaching Allied bombers. Pproduction delays occurred with development issues and of course Allied bombing of industrial areas limited the availability of airframes, engines and parts.

https://acesflyinghigh.wordpress.com/2018/03/10/the-survivors-kawanishi-n1k2-j-shiden-kai-when-violet-lightning-strikes/

Plenty of pictures, including one with the Enola Gay.

Seek peace but keep your gun handy.

I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing!

“Illegitemus non carborundum est (“Don’t let the bastards grind you down”).”
― Julia Child

Post #: 1
RE: Kawanishi N1K2-J Shiden Kai – When Violet Lightning... - 1/26/2021 1:40:03 AM   
rustysi

Nice, thanks.

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

(in reply to RangerJoe)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Kawanishi N1K2-J Shiden Kai – When Violet Lightning Strikes! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI