Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Power Plant

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> Power Plant Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Power Plant - 1/25/2021 12:51:59 PM   
Dukie

Move Power Plant from "Basic" tech to "Early" tech. Power plants were in use long before Bio fuels and bio fuels are an early tech. Besides, 3 of my last 5 games (starting at tech level 3) never "discovered" power plant or solar energy. Absent a means to power any/many facilities, I got crushed. I don't think that is right.
Post #: 1
RE: Power Plant - 1/25/2021 2:27:21 PM   
Soar_Slitherine

I definitely feel that having to put all other tech research on hold in the early game until you roll either power plants or solar power so you can actually power an economy is a balance issue. Waiting for later power generation techs hardly seems like a good idea as you aren't any more guaranteed to roll them, and they're all more expensive to develop and either dependent on having access to volcanos/radioactives or less efficient.

(in reply to Dukie)
Post #: 2
RE: Power Plant - 1/25/2021 4:28:40 PM   
zgrssd

I started starting on Techlevel 4, so I know I have Solar Panel tech.

However I wish Vic would make the Solar Panels start tech, while cutting their output by 10. That would fix both having no option avalible and them producing way too much to bother with any other source.

< Message edited by zgrssd -- 1/25/2021 4:29:32 PM >

(in reply to Soar_Slitherine)
Post #: 3
RE: Power Plant - 1/25/2021 6:42:12 PM   
stryc

quote:

ORIGINAL: zgrssd
However I wish Vic would make the Solar Panels start tech, while cutting their output by 10. That would fix both having no option avalible and them producing way too much to bother with any other source.

I don't want to be forced to start on TL4 but the power gamble in the early game is getting too irritating to endure. It's effectively an RNG: [You Get To Play / You're Doomed] and that can't be right.

Reducing their output to 10% sounds equally daft.

EDIT: Actually, maybe not so daft IF they are a weak, sub-standard version of the later tech solution (which would remain as is).

< Message edited by stryc -- 1/25/2021 6:43:44 PM >

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 4
RE: Power Plant - 1/25/2021 7:25:55 PM   
redrum68

+1 for making solar a starting tech but making them less efficient so later power techs/assets are useful

(in reply to stryc)
Post #: 5
RE: Power Plant - 1/25/2021 9:39:29 PM   
zgrssd

quote:

ORIGINAL: stryc

quote:

ORIGINAL: zgrssd

I don't want to be forced to start on TL4 but the power gamble in the early game is getting too irritating to endure. It's effectively an RNG: [You Get To Play / You're Doomed] and that can't be right.

Reducing their output to 10% sounds equally daft.

EDIT: Actually, maybe not so daft IF they are a weak, sub-standard version of the later tech solution (which would remain as is).

Right now Solar Panels are too good of a deal. Why would you ever bother with a Fuel Burner plant - wich needs 500 Fuel per day on Tier 1 - when a solar Panel 3 can produce the same amount at same worker upkeep and no resource upkeep?
Starting on TL4 I never build a single energy producer other then Solar. It just makes no sense.

Once you got solar panels, no other Power generation option is realy competitive. See also:
https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4924802

< Message edited by zgrssd -- 1/25/2021 9:40:50 PM >

(in reply to stryc)
Post #: 6
RE: Power Plant - 1/27/2021 10:38:50 AM   
BlueTemplar

Wait, doesn't solar panel output vary from planet to planet ?

It should certainly depend on things like star class, planet distance from star, atmospheric density and composition... oh also how come solar power doesn't depend on seasons, latitude, moisture (temperature?) - while temperature and open farming do, at least for some of them ?

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Suggestions and Feedback >> Power Plant Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI