Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Pbem++ End of match oddity

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I >> Pbem++ End of match oddity Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Pbem++ End of match oddity - 1/25/2021 3:33:57 AM   
OldCrowBalthazor

I just won an epic and hardcore match vs Tanaka.

At the end of my turn..I got notice of Germanys Surrender. However, there seems to be a change in that I can't get a final review of the map and reports of both sides as is usual.

Also..it doesn't seem like the game is actually active for Tanaka to at least see my turn in his replay. (I had to storm Metz with enormous casualties to basically coup the NM points to get Germany to 1% NM. His German army has been basically undefeated throughout the whole War except for small sectors here or there.)

When I reopened the pbem screen..it shows the match as complete (in grey) with a victory...and doesn't even show vs Tanaka.

Was wondering if this is a new feature or what?

Sidenote: I have read somewhere that there was a proposal for both sides to be able to review the map and reports. If this was ever implemented that would be great because the loser of a match might be able to suss out why he loss, why the other won, and how he/she may be able to improve some stratagem or research policy in a future match.

regards, Old Crow

< Message edited by OldCrowBalthazor -- 1/25/2021 3:56:03 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Pbem++ End of match oddity - 1/25/2021 6:02:02 AM   
Tanaka

quote:

ORIGINAL: OldCrowBalthazor

I just won an epic and hardcore match vs Tanaka.

At the end of my turn..I got notice of Germanys Surrender. However, there seems to be a change in that I can't get a final review of the map and reports of both sides as is usual.

Also..it doesn't seem like the game is actually active for Tanaka to at least see my turn in his replay. (I had to storm Metz with enormous casualties to basically coup the NM points to get Germany to 1% NM. His German army has been basically undefeated throughout the whole War except for small sectors here or there.)

When I reopened the pbem screen..it shows the match as complete (in grey) with a victory...and doesn't even show vs Tanaka.

Was wondering if this is a new feature or what?

Sidenote: I have read somewhere that there was a proposal for both sides to be able to review the map and reports. If this was ever implemented that would be great because the loser of a match might be able to suss out why he loss, why the other won, and how he/she may be able to improve some stratagem or research policy in a future match.

regards, Old Crow

So when I ran my turn after you it was weird. I got to watch the whole battle with no FOW. I could see everything on the entire map! Something definitely seems off!

(in reply to OldCrowBalthazor)
Post #: 2
RE: Pbem++ End of match oddity - 1/25/2021 5:56:59 PM   
OldCrowBalthazor

Hmmm...its some kind of Slitherine server issue...I don't have access to the end game reports..which is a damn shame since I was going to write a summary of our match concerning the new patch and the artillery chit nerf..(which works well). I do have my notes though.

Also, I just found out Taffjones had the same problem with two game end turns in a WaW mirror match with Fafnir...and its giving the victory to Taffjones instead of the correct (and only outcome possible haha) of a Fafnir win.

Oh well...I can still write a summary of the benefit of the latest patch regarding the Artillery chit nerf...and advocate for a 1 chit nerf for Shell research, based on our epic game....but that's another thread to start in the future I guess.

< Message edited by OldCrowBalthazor -- 1/25/2021 5:57:29 PM >

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 3
RE: Pbem++ End of match oddity - 1/25/2021 6:15:56 PM   
Bavre

Some thing here. Challenge ID is 9470 if someone wants to look it up. Game ended with a (mutually agreed) surrender and now sits in the grey completed list with the opponents name gone . Has not happened to any other (even later) games however.

(in reply to OldCrowBalthazor)
Post #: 4
RE: Pbem++ End of match oddity - 1/25/2021 7:28:37 PM   
BillRunacre

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tanaka

So when I ran my turn after you it was weird. I got to watch the whole battle with no FOW. I could see everything on the entire map! Something definitely seems off!

That would be correct as once the game has ended fog of war should be lifted so you can watch everything in that way.

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 5
RE: Pbem++ End of match oddity - 1/25/2021 8:38:22 PM   
OldCrowBalthazor

Well..it worked on Tanaka's end, but not mine. No matter though. Its a server issue...and s$#% happens occasionally.

(in reply to BillRunacre)
Post #: 6
RE: Pbem++ End of match oddity - 1/26/2021 4:28:56 AM   
Tanaka

quote:

ORIGINAL: BillRunacre

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tanaka

That would be correct as once the game has ended fog of war should be lifted so you can watch everything in that way.

Ah nice it is working then! Thanks for adjusting for both!

(in reply to BillRunacre)
Post #: 7
RE: Pbem++ End of match oddity - 1/26/2021 3:47:52 PM   
Hubert Cater

There looks to be a server issue from one of the recent changes on the backend. It could be that the issue is server only, or that there needs to be a change with the game to possibly handle some of the server changes if intended.

We'll sort this out as soon as we can and sorry for the inconvenience in the mean time.

Hubert

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I >> Pbem++ End of match oddity Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI