Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Questions - 1/24/2021 8:29:08 PM   
sfbaytf

I see there is a rotate command. What is the use of that? Will facing affect movement or combat?

The Kiowa scout helecopter-I haven’t seen Apaches yet but I presume there are Apaches in the game. When Kiowas are use with Apaches can the Kiowas spot for the Apaches who could then fire Hellfires missiles behind cover and not in line of sight or targets or was this something that was beyond the time scope of the game period?

Do AT missiles have a chance to target helicopters? I’ve read this is possible in some instances. Do aircraft ever target helicopters?

< Message edited by sfbaytf -- 1/24/2021 8:40:38 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Questions - 1/24/2021 10:31:25 PM   
CapnDarwin

The rotation command is for rotating units to the top of the stack. Unit facing is not controllable in Red Storm.

While the Kiowas can scout and find targets, other units will need to spot targets to shoot. Looker-shooter pairing is being looked at for the new Cold War game engine with the Southern Storm release.

The new year has started and we are hard at work on Southern Storm.

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC

(in reply to sfbaytf)
Post #: 2
RE: Questions - 1/25/2021 8:01:26 PM   
sfbaytf

quote:

ORIGINAL: CapnDarwin

The rotation command is for rotating units to the top of the stack. Unit facing is not controllable in Red Storm.

While the Kiowas can scout and find targets, other units will need to spot targets to shoot. Looker-shooter pairing is being looked at for the new Cold War game engine with the Southern Storm release.

Thanks!

Another question MI COs and how to use them? They are Elite, but fragile. What do you use them for? Are they reconnaissance units with greater spotting and concealment abilities?

I generally use the Cav Scout units to move ahead of main forces as my reconnaissance units.

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 3
RE: Questions - 1/26/2021 2:49:38 PM   
CapnDarwin

Recon units in Red Storm can spot enemy units a bit further than regular units and they do not have command range restrictions. They do get a bit of a concealment bonus, but thermal sights root them out fast. A number of these issues have been addressed in the new Southern Storm game engine.

(in reply to sfbaytf)
Post #: 4
RE: Questions - 1/26/2021 7:21:56 PM   
sfbaytf

quote:

ORIGINAL: CapnDarwin

Recon units in Red Storm can spot enemy units a bit further than regular units and they do not have command range restrictions. They do get a bit of a concealment bonus, but thermal sights root them out fast. A number of these issues have been addressed in the new Southern Storm game engine.

Appreciate the feedback. I didn't know that recon units didn't have command range restrictions. Is that true for Cav Scouts as well as the MI units?

There's another thread about Artillery. I do see my tanks getting killed off by barrages often. I had 4 M1's in hold command in the woods get killed by a barrage last night. Maybe the fact they were in hold, defending not moving was a factor.

I've been watching youtube videos and a few of the reviewers mention that many things aren't explained in the manual. You guys are probably a small outfit without a large budget so may not be enough to do everything you would like.

I know the period and hardware pretty well, but I would love to see a nice printed manual and would pay for one or even a hard cover like the ones for Strategic Command, Decisive Battles Barbarossa and War in the West-which I own.

When I had the old GDW wargames Boots and Saddles, Assault I loved reading the hardware sections that described the equipment. I think a lot of people who are not well versed could benefit-but its probably not cost effective to do so and these days you have google...

< Message edited by sfbaytf -- 1/26/2021 7:22:31 PM >

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 5
RE: Questions - 1/26/2021 8:03:37 PM   
CapnDarwin

We are looking at living PDF manuals for Southern Storm. While a printed manual is nice to have, it goes out of date pretty much at release. We did extensive What's New docs for Red Storm to try to keep things up to date.

(in reply to sfbaytf)
Post #: 6
RE: Questions - 1/27/2021 6:21:42 PM   
fluidwill matrix

A lot of my older more traditional Grognard friends print the pdf that comes as standard these days. Not at home though if one had a decent printer one could of course but there are many organisations that do a reasonably priced printing and binding service if you so require.

(in reply to CapnDarwin)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series >> Questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI