Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Austrian VI Corps . . .

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I >> Austrian VI Corps . . . Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Austrian VI Corps . . . - 1/24/2021 1:36:00 PM   
stockwellpete

In SP, it usually gets destroyed before I even have the chance to say "hello". It happens most games, the last one it happened on 22/8/14 and it was deployed by the AI on either hex number 191,81 or 192,82. Is it meant to be like that, or could it be initially deployed a little further back from the front?
Post #: 1
RE: Austrian VI Corps . . . - 1/24/2021 4:06:46 PM   
BillRunacre

Maybe at Sambor 192,84?

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to stockwellpete)
Post #: 2
RE: Austrian VI Corps . . . - 1/24/2021 6:23:12 PM   
stockwellpete

quote:

ORIGINAL: BillRunacre

Maybe at Sambor 192,84?

No, it is further forward than that and in open terrain. Either 191,81 or 192,82 near Przemsyl. It happens so quickly it is hard to get the exact location. I will try and confirm the exact hex this week.

(in reply to BillRunacre)
Post #: 3
RE: Austrian VI Corps . . . - 1/24/2021 9:47:27 PM   
Chernobyl

I believe you're talking about the Austrian corps which usually spawns at 192.82 northeast of Przemysl. This guy is vulnerable and you have to have a corps already in that hex, entrenched. That way, the spawning corps will appear one hex to the south (192,83) and be "safe" behind your entrenched corps.

Post #: 4
RE: Austrian VI Corps . . . - 1/24/2021 11:05:27 PM   
OldCrowBalthazor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chernobyl

I believe you're talking about the Austrian corps which usually spawns at 192.82 northeast of Przemysl. This guy is vulnerable and you have to have a corps already in that hex, entrenched. That way, the spawning corps will appear one hex to the south (192,83) and be "safe" behind your entrenched corps.

I bet that's the one that always gets clobbered. Yeah, the Austrians always got to push forward there...which is a bit scary, knowing there's a hungry horde of Russians mustering just NE of that location.

(in reply to Chernobyl)
Post #: 5
RE: Austrian VI Corps . . . - 1/25/2021 6:26:13 AM   
shri

This happens more in MPP. the Russian steamroller esp in the hands of an aggressive attacker is something to be feared. But perhaps it is rightly so, Austrians do need a penalty for their pre mobilisation issues.

Maybe one step behind deployment can be considered, if all players agree.

Though considering the HISTORIC mess of the Austrian railways, this bad deployment is accurate. The Austrian pre war plan was compromised in the REDL affair of 1912 and they never bothered to change it despite knowing the leaks. Infact, Conrad urged attacks into Congress Poland and that was the reason for the disasters at - Gnina Lipa, Rawa Ruska and Lemberg (excuse the atrocious spelling) followed by encirlement of Prezmysl.

Ironically, Prezmysl surrendered to the Russians after over a 100 days of seige with a lot of men still within, around 100k or so; this surrender happened less than two weeks before the Mackensen offensive/alternatively called Gorlice-Tarnow.

(in reply to OldCrowBalthazor)
Post #: 6
RE: Austrian VI Corps . . . - 1/25/2021 6:31:06 AM   
shri

Going further,

in game, mirroring the French losses due to Plan XVII, the Russians due to their Grand Duke plans esp. in East Prussia and Austrians due to their muddled plans is sort of impossible, to say all these were carnages would be an understatement. But then, France Russia and Austria would all become so weak that players will start complaining of boredom. All 3 never recovered completely from the losses of 1914.

(in reply to shri)
Post #: 7
RE: Austrian VI Corps . . . - 1/25/2021 6:40:49 AM   
stockwellpete

Thanks everyone. That explains it. I will try Chernobyl's solution in my next game.

(in reply to shri)
Post #: 8
RE: Austrian VI Corps . . . - 1/25/2021 7:32:17 PM   
BillRunacre

quote:

ORIGINAL: stockwellpete

quote:

Maybe at Sambor 192,84?

No, it is further forward than that and in open terrain. Either 191,81 or 192,82 near Przemsyl. It happens so quickly it is hard to get the exact location. I will try and confirm the exact hex this week.

Sorry, I should have explained myself better. It currently arrives at 191,82 and I was suggesting changing that to Sambor 192,84.

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

Post #: 9
RE: Austrian VI Corps . . . - 1/25/2021 7:46:31 PM   
stockwellpete

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: stockwellpete

quote:

Maybe at Sambor 192,84?

Sorry, I should have explained myself better. It currently arrives at 191,82 and I was suggesting changing that to Sambor 192,84.

Yes, very good idea to do that, Bill.

(in reply to BillRunacre)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command: World War I >> Austrian VI Corps . . . Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI