Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Workers happiness issue

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Workers happiness issue Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Workers happiness issue - 1/23/2021 7:01:18 AM   
TheTrooper

Hey fellow shadow emperors i got an issue. I'm in a late game, my capital just boomed and is crawling with population and public workers. My other 4 cities look like Innsmouth from Lovercraft's stories. Terrible shape, people leaving, industrial production lower than Uganda in 1920 and a terribly happy population with terribly unhappy workers. Pesky workers emigrate and there is nothing preventing them from doing so. I must confess i don't use interior council much so it may be an issue with this. My salaries are 0,04 usually over private job average and my cities enjoy a lot of private investment I never had such an issue with previous versions of the game but now in every game it is my worst nightmare. What can i do?

best
Post #: 1
RE: Workers happiness issue - 1/23/2021 7:16:15 AM   
KarisFraMauro

Believe me, you are not the first person to encounter this issue... There are tons of threads on the subject elsewhere, but after looking at them I get the impression there are no easy answers. It's probably just coincidence but it seems to help a little if I leave my workers "fallow" for a couple turns, not giving them anything to do.

(in reply to TheTrooper)
Post #: 2
RE: Workers happiness issue - 1/23/2021 9:49:20 AM   
zgrssd

Worker evaluate their pay based on the Private Worker pay. Wich can varry drastically from 1 miliCredits to 7 miliCredits.

Another common issue is that you do not actually have enough money when you hit "end turn" to pay them. A very important Economy rule:
Only what is the SHQ, Zone or Regime stroage when you hit end-turn is avalible for next turns consumption. Production and retreival happens way to late to be of any use for this turn.

However when you get control back after end-turn, the retreival for next turn has already happened.
You never see 0, but that does not mean you did not hit 0 when it mattered.

< Message edited by zgrssd -- 1/23/2021 9:50:40 AM >

(in reply to KarisFraMauro)
Post #: 3
RE: Workers happiness issue - 1/23/2021 9:58:22 AM   
Sieppo

quote:

ORIGINAL: zgrssd

Worker evaluate their pay based on the Private Worker pay. Wich can varry drastically from 1 miliCredits to 7 miliCredits.

Another common issue is that you do not actually have enough money when you hit "end turn" to pay them. A very important Economy rule:
Only what is the SHQ, Zone or Regime stroage when you hit end-turn is avalible for next turns consumption. Production and retreival happens way to late to be of any use for this turn.

However when you get control back after end-turn, the retreival for next turn has already happened.
You never see 0, but that does not mean you did not hit 0 when it mattered.

Yeah I can confirm this money issue. Once I had "enough" end of turn the problem went away and happiness soon was 100 because QOL was so strong etc. The funny thing is there wasn't even a reason (lack of remuneration) for the drop in happiness as sometimes can be seen but it likely was the cause. Also spammed cabinet retreat until all my leaders were near 100 relation. Same with governor convention.

(in reply to zgrssd)
Post #: 4
RE: Workers happiness issue - 1/23/2021 10:07:27 AM   
zgrssd

quote:

The funny thing is there wasn't even a reason (lack of remuneration) for the drop in happiness as sometimes can be seen but it likely was the cause.

Vic still has not added a "You did not pay them" warning to the tooltip? Dangit.

You can find it in the Zone reports usually, but it really should be in the tooltip.

(in reply to Sieppo)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Shadow Empire >> Workers happiness issue Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI