Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[Logged] AA-10 a/c/d Insensitive to BVR Settings

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Logged] AA-10 a/c/d Insensitive to BVR Settings Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[Logged] AA-10 a/c/d Insensitive to BVR Settings - 1/22/2021 12:27:52 AM   
SeaQueen

I created this scenario because I wanted to quickly measure the F-Pole distance of some AA-10 variants under different conditions. The first measurements I wanted to make were comparing co-altitude, same speed high aspect, non-maneuvering targets using the "Follow missile straight-in" versus "Crank" tactics. I controlled it on the platform.

What I found was that regardless of how I set the aircraft, its behavior was insensitive to what I set it to. It would always follow the missile straight in. This results in the shortest possible F-Pole distance.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Rory Noonan -- 1/22/2021 4:01:59 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: [Logged] AA-10 a/c/d Insensitive to BVR Settings - 1/22/2021 4:03:43 AM   
WSBot

(in reply to SeaQueen)
Post #: 2
RE: [Logged] AA-10 a/c/d Insensitive to BVR Settings - 1/22/2021 10:39:21 AM   
p1t1o

I checked this out on v.14 - running the save without alteration, indeed the BVR logic is ignored and the Su27 follows its course at 480kn during the engagement.

However, the "Ignore plotted course when attacking" was set to "No", as the A/C is not assigned to any particular mission.

On changing this to "Yes", the expected BVR logic was present.

With "Ignore plotted course when attacking" is set to "Yes", the Crank behavior is seen with the A/C slowing to Loiter and cranking, and also, when set to "follow missile straight in", the Aircraft now accelerates to full burner on the run-in to, closing the distance even further.

In the original save as-provided, the Su27 isnt "following the missile straight in", its following its set course.

(in reply to WSBot)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Logged] AA-10 a/c/d Insensitive to BVR Settings Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI