Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Ending PBEM games

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Ending PBEM games Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ending PBEM games - 1/20/2021 8:46:38 PM   
mdsmall

If both players agree to end a PBEM game, is it possible to lift the Fog of War so both players can see each other's positions? And is it possible in a PBEM game for the players to switch sides? Just wondering about both these kinds of endings, as my current PBEM game is coming to an end.
Post #: 1
RE: Ending PBEM games - 1/20/2021 10:03:36 PM   
The Land

At the end of a PBEM, you get a chance to look at the map with no FOW.

I believe it's impossible to swap sides, there's definitely no option for this in the interface...

(in reply to mdsmall)
Post #: 2
RE: Ending PBEM games - 1/21/2021 5:00:15 AM   
OldCrowBalthazor

I seem to remember the dev's discussing allowing full views for both winner and loser after a pbem match in a later patch. It would certainly help the loser to learn more about the game by seeing his opponents reports and the current map.

(in reply to The Land)
Post #: 3
RE: Ending PBEM games - 1/21/2021 6:24:08 AM   
Tanaka

quote:

ORIGINAL: OldCrowBalthazor

I seem to remember the dev's discussing allowing full views for both winner and loser after a pbem match in a later patch. It would certainly help the loser to learn more about the game by seeing his opponents reports and the current map.

Yes I protest against you being the only one to get to see the full map!

(in reply to OldCrowBalthazor)
Post #: 4
RE: Ending PBEM games - 1/21/2021 7:36:40 AM   
OldCrowBalthazor

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tanaka

quote:

ORIGINAL: OldCrowBalthazor

Yes I protest against you being the only one to get to see the full map!

You know...it was you that brought this up before after a SC-WW1 match we had months ago...the Bulgarian Gambit match haha.

(in reply to Tanaka)
Post #: 5
RE: Ending PBEM games - 1/21/2021 2:01:16 PM   
Hubert Cater

I can't seem to find the note on this but yes, both sides should be able to review a FoW lifted PBEM++ game once it ends now.

(in reply to OldCrowBalthazor)
Post #: 6
RE: Ending PBEM games - 1/21/2021 6:51:03 PM   
mdsmall

How do you do that? We have not reached the game end date or the formal victory conditions, but it is clear to both of us that one side will win, so we would like to end the game. Can one of us change the FOW settings with the permission of the other player?

(in reply to Hubert Cater)
Post #: 7
RE: Ending PBEM games - 1/23/2021 5:20:09 AM   
Hubert Cater

Once the game finishes, either through a victory or a resignation, the game enters a 'game over' state whereby fog of war is automatically lifted, and then both sides should be able to review the map one last time before the listed entry in the PBEM Lobby is greyed out, e.g. the player who is already in the turn once the game ends, as well as the player who has yet to see the final game state.

(in reply to mdsmall)
Post #: 8
RE: Ending PBEM games - 1/23/2021 7:02:18 PM   
mdsmall

Hi Hubert - can you explain how the game enters the "game over" state once one player resigns? I don't see any button which a player can click to tell the game engine that they have resigned. Perhaps I have missed it.

Post #: 9
RE: Ending PBEM games - 1/23/2021 7:59:35 PM   
Hubert Cater

No problem at all and when you are in the PBEM++ Lobby you'll see the list of your current games under 'My Games'. At the right hand side you should see a little red X. If you click on that it will ask you if you wish to resign from the challenge, Yes or No etc.

Just checking the updated process right now from my end, and if you resign on what would have been your turn, the game should then automatically load up the resigned turn so you can review the 'game over' state. For your opponent, if the game was resigned by you, once they enter the PBEM++ Lobby on their end, they will see the game listed as completed and will also see that they can load this final game over state of the game for one final review as well.

Hope this helps,
Hubert

(in reply to mdsmall)
Post #: 10
RE: Ending PBEM games - 1/26/2021 12:13:25 AM   
mdsmall

Hi Hubert - that works! Thanks for the explanation.

Cheers,

Michael

Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Ending PBEM games Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI