Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[Logged] Loading units on ships

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Logged] Loading units on ships Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[Logged] Loading units on ships - 1/20/2021 4:16:43 PM   
Steve04

While I have no problem unloading cargo / units from boats and helicopters, I am unable to load from land onto boats / ships.
For example, in a tactical situation where an infantry commando has been landed on a coast and, after an action, must be recovered by a naval craft.
How to act?

< Message edited by Rory Noonan -- 1/21/2021 1:18:21 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Loading units on ships - 1/20/2021 5:11:24 PM   
thewood1

As is always asked, can you post a save that shows the exact problem. There could be a number of things going on and with the little bit of information you've provided, there can only be guesses at the issue.

(in reply to Steve04)
Post #: 2
RE: Loading units on ships - 1/20/2021 7:20:08 PM   
Steve04

I seemed to me to have explained what the simple problem was, but, to be more explicit, I am attaching a simple game situation of the scenario (Assault to Pakistan) of our Roby7979. As you can see, there are some boats that have just unloaded infantry units on the coast. Apart from the fact that two of them are unable to move (but this is another problem that asks for a solution ...), if you try to re-ship (re-embark) one or more of these units (perhaps because you have chosen the wrong place to unload them. ..) you can't ...
In my opinion this is a gap in the program and in this case the devs should be invited to fill it, because the action of re-embarking land units is very important (just think of the evacuation of Dunkirk in 1940!).
But I would be happier if someone told me that the way exists and that it is I who am not capable ...

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Steve04 -- 1/20/2021 7:21:28 PM >

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 3
RE: Loading units on ships - 1/20/2021 7:30:02 PM   
thewood1

If your going to post something in tech support, you're going to be asked to post a save so everyone is looking at the same thing. If its new feature you'd like to see, post it in the feature request thread. If its just a general question because you don't know how to do something, just post it in the general thread. Its simple to help the devs focus their efforts or for someone in the community to ore quickly help.

(in reply to Steve04)
Post #: 4
RE: Loading units on ships - 1/20/2021 7:39:15 PM   
Steve04

Well said, Thewood, thank you.
I apologize for not having carefully read the indications for this sector of the forum.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 5
RE: Loading units on ships - 1/20/2021 9:08:54 PM   
BDukes

Steve!

Here's a video on cargo ops if needed. It's a year old so I don't think too dated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-dHCPdXbW0

Thanks

Mike

(in reply to Steve04)
Post #: 6
RE: Loading units on ships - 1/20/2021 11:31:14 PM   
Steve04

Thank BDukes !
I had a quick look, the tutorial is very well done and instructive and I should review it calmly, step by step, especially in some passages where the cursor moves fast and it is not easy to understand what the author is doing (especially for a person not native English speakers ...).
However, it seems to me that the phase that interests me is not described, that is, the re-embarking (on the boats) of units already unloaded on land (to be manually operated by the player).
A sort of Pick-up units made by boat and not by Helicopters...

(in reply to BDukes)
Post #: 7
RE: Loading units on ships - 1/21/2021 1:17:55 AM   
Rory Noonan

quote:

ORIGINAL: Steve04

I seemed to me to have explained what the simple problem was, but, to be more explicit, I am attaching a simple game situation of the scenario (Assault to Pakistan) of our Roby7979. As you can see, there are some boats that have just unloaded infantry units on the coast. Apart from the fact that two of them are unable to move (but this is another problem that asks for a solution ...), if you try to re-ship (re-embark) one or more of these units (perhaps because you have chosen the wrong place to unload them. ..) you can't ...
In my opinion this is a gap in the program and in this case the devs should be invited to fill it, because the action of re-embarking land units is very important (just think of the evacuation of Dunkirk in 1940!).
But I would be happier if someone told me that the way exists and that it is I who am not capable ...

Hi Steve04,

Thank you for the save file, it does indeed help us quickly determine what the issue is and prevents a lot of back and forth--fos instance in this case it could have been a database issue, general program issue, user error, or virtually anything else. Looking at a save file lets us see the problem in its 'natural habitat' and lets us examine all associated variables to determine the cause.

This looks like a general program bug (versus something wrong with the particular platforms involved), we'll get it sorted ASAP.

(in reply to Steve04)
Post #: 8
RE: Loading units on ships - 1/21/2021 1:27:42 AM   
WSBot

Logged 0014356

< Message edited by Rory Noonan -- 1/21/2021 1:28:37 AM >

(in reply to Rory Noonan)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Logged] Loading units on ships Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI