Refit bug

Post bug reports and request support here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

Bozo_the_Clown

Refit bug

Post by Bozo_the_Clown »

I thought the refit bug was fixed but it seems to still exist for motorized and armored divisions.

Construction value is roughly halved which is nasty if you don't know about this.

Attachments
Refit bug.jpg
Refit bug.jpg (217.71 KiB) Viewed 334 times
BrianG

RE: Refit bug

Post by BrianG »

your bottom unit is on refit which is less time digging and some time training. Mostly class lectures, and daily soviet calisthenics.

seems correct to me.

Bozo_the_Clown

Post by Bozo_the_Clown »

The manual only states that reserve mode reduces construction points to 25%. I can't find any information about Refit mode reducing construction points. The above example is especially bizarre because MAX TOE is set to 20 so the unit won't get anything anyway.

This looks like a bug to me.
Bozo_the_Clown

Post by Bozo_the_Clown »

your bottom unit is on refit which is less time digging and some time training.

Duh, the whole point of my post is to show the difference between Ready and Refit.
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

ORIGINAL: Bozo_the_Clown

The manual only states that reserve mode reduces construction points to 25%. I can't find any information about Refit mode reducing construction points. The above example is especially bizarre because MAX TOE is set to 20 so the unit won't get anything anyway.

This looks like a bug to me.

It may not be in the manual but do you not think it logical that a unit in refit mode will have a lower construction value than a unit ready for combat. Just because it's not explicitly in the manual does not mean it's incorrect or even illogical.

Denniss

Post by Denniss »

I believe this behaviour is intended. do you see changes for reserve mode, may need a Corps unit to show an effect due to larger values
WitE dev team - (aircraft data)
WitE 1.08+ dev team (data/scenario maintainer)
WitW dev team (aircraft data, partial data/scenario maintainer)
WitE2 dev team (aircraft data)
Bozo_the_Clown

Post by Bozo_the_Clown »

Yes, I see changes in Reserve mode and that makes total sense. But why a massive Refit penalty for Russian motorized and armored divisions (sometimes 50%)? And why does the same penalty not apply to Russian Rifle divisions on Refit? And to make matters worse, the same penalty does not seem to be applied to Axis units? Also, where is this documented in the manual?

Refit has do do with which unit gets replacement first and whether units can improve morale/experience if 10 hexes behind the front line. However, whether the units get any replacement depends on the TOE settings. If there is a penalty, it should only be applied to those units who are actually trained but not to front-line units. And it should affect all units on the map.
chaos45

Post by chaos45 »

Bozo...ya was a change in one of the patches...both reserve and refit mode are now penalized....think it was to incentivize Refit units to be moved further from the line.
Denniss

Post by Denniss »

To rest and recover you have to stand down your arms and try to rest. With full combat readyness you can't rest
eskuche

Post by eskuche »

I have noted this before. It correlates with certain types of armored/motorized ground elements over infantry, as shown. Tank divisions have it the worst. It might be something missed when morvael fixed the original. Perhaps he corrected the refit value only for certain ground element types.
Bozo_the_Clown

Post by Bozo_the_Clown »

It might be something missed when morvael fixed the original.

That's what I think. Occasionally you can see a Rifle division lose a construction point when on Refit compared to Ready but nothing dramatic. However, with motorized and tank divisions you see a major drop. It just doesn't make sense.
Denniss

Post by Denniss »

During refit the mechanics are likely working on vehicles and Afvs, completing provisional combat repairs and maintenance works.
Mechanics probably never have time to rest.

Return to “Tech Support”