Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[Logged] Mobile-Subs-Aircarft can not be positively id'd?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Logged] Mobile-Subs-Aircarft can not be positively id'd? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[Logged] Mobile-Subs-Aircarft can not be positively id'd? - 1/16/2021 5:08:35 AM   
KnightHawk75

- Units of type Facility category mobile-vehicle and mobile-personnel can not be positively identified it seems?
- Units of type Submarine can not be positively identified it seems?
- Units of type Aircraft can not be positively identified it seems?

sample: TestRig_DetectionTriggersMissLevels_1147-16_db487_MobileAirNoLevel4.scen
Basically just look around (texas and gulf) and note how no matter how well detected, even parking eyeballs in daylight ~100 meters or less away (zoom to meters level) will not get positive id on any of the units.

Is this by specific design or just a matter of not yet implemented?

Was trying to understand why ships can be level4'd, land structures can be near instantly level 4'd most the time, but subs, aircraft, and mobile units can not. Even even under the most extreme circumstances, like parking eyeballs 20 meters away, or flying with-in meters of an aircraft,etc. Maybe it's bad memory but didn't aircraft used to be able to be positively identifiable? I understand one would have to have to be pretty close to catch tail numbers, a sub surfaced, and pretty close to a mobile unit...depending on the unit or have very hi res cams on it them in real life. Still was assuming this was possible in the game, albeit perhaps difficult for certain units.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Rory Noonan -- 1/18/2021 12:03:12 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: [Logged] Mobile-Subs-Aircarft can not be positively... - 1/18/2021 12:03:59 AM   
Rory Noonan

(in reply to KnightHawk75)
Post #: 2
RE: [Logged] Mobile-Subs-Aircarft can not be positively... - 1/20/2021 6:33:11 AM   
Geoffropi

Hi,

You need to edit the posture in your scenario settings under Editor -> Add/Edit Sides -> Postures Or it classifies contacts as "unfriendly" by default for the given side.

(in reply to Rory Noonan)
Post #: 3
RE: [Logged] Mobile-Subs-Aircarft can not be positively... - 1/20/2021 6:53:13 PM   
KnightHawk75

quote:

ORIGINAL: Geoffropi

Hi,

You need to edit the posture in your scenario settings under Editor -> Add/Edit Sides -> Postures Or it classifies contacts as "unfriendly" by default for the given side.

Postures or posture detection wasn't part of the problem I was raising, I specifically have the sides marked the way I do and no hostile. Unless you are suggesting only as enemies will then be classified at level 4 (positive id) level and the triggers and log entries will generate? I did try that very thing and it produced no difference. Perhaps you misunderstood the nature of the post|report (it happens).

(in reply to Geoffropi)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Logged] Mobile-Subs-Aircarft can not be positively id'd? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI