Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

When do you have a different column ratio for blitkrieg and assault?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> When do you have a different column ratio for blitkrieg and assault? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
When do you have a different column ratio for blitkrieg... - 1/15/2021 8:19:51 PM   
juntoalmar

Hi,

After a long hiatus without playing MWiF, I'm teaching some friends who just bought the game how to play.

In some land combats, you can get a different combat ratio for assault & blitzkrieg, like 5:1, 6:1B (26:4). I vaguely remember that it's related to MECH & ARM units and Blitkrieg optional rule, but I can't find it in the instructions manual.

Does anybody remember what rule applies?

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by juntoalmar -- 1/15/2021 8:35:11 PM >

(my humble blog about wargames, in spanish) http://cabezadepuente.blogspot.com.es/
Post #: 1
RE: When do you have a different column ratio for blitk... - 1/15/2021 8:32:44 PM   
Joseignacio

The odds that come from proportion are the same: 26/4 = 6,5 . Then you'd need to roll for th 0,5 if you are uising fractional odds.

However the modifyers that may apply , because of terrain, wheather ,... come afterwards, and there is one based in the number of mech, armor and AT ART that both sides have.

Usually IIRW the modifiers are written as notes in the table.

(in reply to juntoalmar)
Post #: 2
RE: When do you have a different column ratio for blitk... - 1/15/2021 8:38:04 PM   
juntoalmar

Hi Jose,

But if you look at the screenshot, the odds columns (5:1, 6:1B) are chosen from the beginning (and no fractional odds are being used) or die modifiers.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by juntoalmar -- 1/15/2021 8:41:04 PM >

(my humble blog about wargames, in spanish) http://cabezadepuente.blogspot.com.es/

(in reply to Joseignacio)
Post #: 3
RE: When do you have a different column ratio for blitk... - 1/15/2021 8:51:35 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: juntoalmar

Hi Jose,

But if you look at the screenshot, the odds columns (5:1, 6:1B) are chosen from the beginning (and no fractional odds are being used) or die modifiers.

warspite1

I may be wrong but isn't this simply saying; if you attack using the Assault table its 5:1 (there isn't a 6:1 on the assault as it just goes straight from 5:1 to 7:1) and if you use the blitz table its 6:1

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to juntoalmar)
Post #: 4
RE: When do you have a different column ratio for blitk... - 1/15/2021 8:55:17 PM   
paulderynck

It's due to the difference between the Assault and Blitz tables in 1D10. If a blitz is called, it's a 6-1 attack because the Blitz table has a 6-1 column. If an assault is called, it's a 5-1 attack because the odds are insufficient for the next column above 5-1 which is 7-1.

...and I type slower than Warspite.

Paul

(in reply to juntoalmar)
Post #: 5
RE: When do you have a different column ratio for blitk... - 1/15/2021 8:58:13 PM   
juntoalmar

I think that must be. I didn't remember the differences in the tables' columns!

Thanks!

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 6
RE: When do you have a different column ratio for blitk... - 1/15/2021 11:15:16 PM   
Joseignacio

Ah you were using 1d10, that is a very old table that I have never used.

(in reply to juntoalmar)
Post #: 7
RE: When do you have a different column ratio for blitk... - 1/16/2021 9:24:19 AM   
juntoalmar

I know, but I'm teaching my friends how to play, and I'm starting with the basics. Once we manage to play with basic rules, we will add optional ones.

(in reply to Joseignacio)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> When do you have a different column ratio for blitkrieg and assault? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI