Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[Logged] Contact Report and Contact wrapper typedescription field

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Logged] Contact Report and Contact wrapper typedescription field Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[Logged] Contact Report and Contact wrapper typedescrip... - 1/15/2021 3:34:02 PM   
KnightHawk75

A minor issue with both.
The Contact Wrapper's .type_description field sometimes returns a string other times a category enum.

Examples:
detection level 1: "Type: Unknown mobile land unit","Unknown air contact","Unknown fixed-facility" etc (works ok)
detection level 2: "Type: 9" aka Surveillance, "Type: 6" aka SAM, "Type 2" aka armor etc. (the issue)
detection level 3: "Class: {text of dbid name here} (works fine to extent tested)
detection level 4: "Identified: {actual name of unit} (works fine to extent tested)

Level 2 seems to be outputting the enum value converted to a string, I think instead of the textual name of the enum?
This also shows up on the Contact Report dialog during this level. Perhaps both pull from the same place?

Additionally on the Contact Report page during a level 1 for a bogey it just shows "Unknown" while 'Unknown air contact' is displayed on the main status area, and in the contact wrappers field. Possible missing concat in the Contact Report dialog?

This is just an additional thought, shouldn't level 1 for consistency\clarity with the trigger detection dialog output the text prefix "Domain: " instead of "type"? Level2 gets 'Type:', level3: gets 'Class:', level4 gets 'Identified:', so it would read "Domain: air contact" or "Domain: land contact", because in the context it's used type: usually is meaning a level 2 detection. IDK what's less confusing for the average player though.

I've been looking and I've not found any similar issues like this applying to ships or subs, or fixed facilities yet, though the later it seems rarely if ever can be identified at level 2 so it may not even apply.

Attachment scene point in time save of level 2 part and level 1 air-contact part.
Repo:
Load scene look around at contacts. :)
Use special action on a contact to get the lua values if needed.

Applies to: 1147.16|.14 and long prior.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Rory Noonan -- 1/17/2021 11:35:11 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Contact Report and Contact wrapper typedescription ... - 1/17/2021 11:34:20 PM   
WSBot

< Message edited by Rory Noonan -- 1/17/2021 11:35:26 PM >

(in reply to KnightHawk75)
Post #: 2
RE: Contact Report and Contact wrapper typedescription ... - 1/18/2021 8:01:45 AM   
michaelm75au

The type descriptions are defined within the Command code and not generated from Lua commands.

Michael

(in reply to WSBot)
Post #: 3
RE: Contact Report and Contact wrapper typedescription ... - 1/18/2021 8:28:22 AM   
michaelm75au

I'm trying this 1147.14 and it seems to be working
------
caller: DetectionAnyRed2 name: Bomber #71 guid: 4FH7PU-0HM5LLIVSAIN9
lastTriggeredState: 1 lastContactName: BOGEY #71

detectionlevel: 2 typedesc: Type: Bomber knowndbid: 0

speed: nil heading: 95.274551391602 alt: nil

DetectionsBy:{ESM = 3.0, Infrared = 0.0}

----------------
The issue isn't with Lua. The subtype of mobile units is coming out as a number rather than the text value. Which is what the Lua wrapper is accessing.

< Message edited by michaelm75au -- 1/18/2021 8:50:59 AM >

Michael

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 4
RE: Contact Report and Contact wrapper typedescription ... - 1/18/2021 9:43:01 AM   
michaelm75au

Have updated the core to use the text rather than the enum value.

Michael

Post #: 5
RE: Contact Report and Contact wrapper typedescription ... - 1/18/2021 5:09:33 PM   
KnightHawk75

quote:

The issue isn't with Lua. The subtype of mobile units is coming out as a number rather than the text value. Which is what the Lua wrapper is accessing.

That's what I figured, both were pulling from some other subsystem. Thanks for correcting, helps with consistency in expected values when doing stuff.

< Message edited by KnightHawk75 -- 1/18/2021 5:10:25 PM >

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [Logged] Contact Report and Contact wrapper typedescription field Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI