"Support faction" doesn't work on my own factions?

A military-oriented and sci-fi wargame, set on procedural planets with customizable factions and endless choices.

Moderator: Vic

mahaniok

"Support faction" doesn't work on my own factions?

Post by mahaniok »

I was quite disappointed when I saw that I can't use "Support faction" stratagem on my own factions :(

is there any other way to increase a chance of minority party to become majority?

The manual says "There are Stratagems available to you that you can produce through the Secret Service Council that will allow you to tinker with the odds of them winning an election by giving them direct support.". I thought it was "Support Faction" stratagem; but it seems it's not the correct one. What do they refer to?
Soar_Slitherine

RE: "Support faction" doesn't work on my own factions?

Post by Soar_Slitherine »

There's a strategem called Give Money To Faction or something like that, but it requires one of the Commerce regime feats to unlock.
zgrssd

Post by zgrssd »

Look in the handbook, 5.6.12.3. on how hte Votes will be distributed.
Consider the next part on how to change who can vote and how much.
mahaniok

Post by mahaniok »

thanks, I am confused though. this part of the handbook talks about changing who votes - but where in the game I can actually do that? I have been playing for hundreds of hours so far and never saw I can change voting system..
zgrssd

Post by zgrssd »

ORIGINAL: mahaniok

thanks, I am confused though. this part of the handbook talks about changing who votes - but where in the game I can actually do that? I have been playing for hundreds of hours so far and never saw I can change voting system..
My bad, The voting is at 5.6.12.2.
5.6.12.3 is about how who can vote/your political system changes based on your profiles.
mahaniok

Post by mahaniok »

I have "give money to faction" stratagem, but there is no explanation what effect will it have. any thoughts?
eddieballgame

Post by eddieballgame »

I have "give money to faction" stratagem, but there is no explanation what effect will it have. any thoughts?

Welcome to the real world of politics.[:)]
zgrssd

Post by zgrssd »

You can save, try it and look what the report says. However I would guess that one primarily deals with increasing faction happiness.
mahaniok

Post by mahaniok »

ok I found out that "give money to faction" generates support points for the faction, presumably for elections. But as I tried it, it has very little effect on election.

I wanted to elevate a minority faction that matches my profile, but even if I poured 3-4 "give money to faction" into it (each costing 1000Cr), they still lose the election because majority gets huge bonus from high pop/worker/soldier happiness. :(
zgrssd

Post by zgrssd »

ok I found out that "give money to faction" generates support points for the faction, presumably for elections. But as I tried it, it has very little effect on election.

I wanted to elevate a minority faction that matches my profile, but even if I poured 3-4 "give money to faction" into it (each costing 1000Cr), they still lose the election because majority gets huge bonus from high pop/worker/soldier happiness. :(
It is all about appointing the right governors/SHQ/OHQ commanders. Or just disenfranchising the population.
mahaniok

Post by mahaniok »

ORIGINAL: zgrssd

It is all about appointing the right governors/SHQ/OHQ commanders. Or just disenfranchising the population.
how can I disenfranchise the population?
zgrssd

Post by zgrssd »

ORIGINAL: zgrssd

how can I disenfranchise the population?
This information is still in the handbook, 5.6.12.3. PolItICal system ChanGe

It is too hard to copy and paste. The change should be proposed on Democracy <30 and Merit or Autocracy >= 50.

Your political System as you find it on the Regime Feats Report is the result of those voting rights.

Return to “Shadow Empire”