A new patch for Shadow Empire is now available and it brings several bug fixes and improvements to the game. A huge thank you to all the players who provided us with feedback and helped us by joining the open beta.
Check out the full changelog for version 1.07.01.
Asterix (*) at end of item means it requires a new game start to go into effect.
v1.07.01 – 07th January 2021
• No longer access to RPG Infantry Brigade in Tech 4 start (you’ll have to develop a Model + Formation first)
• Road construction at very long distance from SHQ now also possible (was a glitch)
• Reduced XP spending on Resist Influence, Endurance and some other Skills
• Added chance for learning a random skill, not often, but possible. Much more chance if no other skill qualifies for spending XP on.
• Added in some securities for AI to not go overboard with Airbase construction and not produce any aircraft models with to low range either.
• Upgrading and Replacing in same hex and SHQ should now always work, even if logistical points is at 0.
• Fixed a glitch where some Major Stratagems where presented as not accessible due to not the right Faction in Power (unless accessed by Regime Tab in the bottom). This is fixed now.
• Have been making fixes to the AI garrison algorithms, especially for Minors, which were still leaving empty their City in some cases.
• A number of spelling and missing “00” corrections. *
• Fixed a calculation error in Dogfight Modifier during Air Combat.
• Fixed a crash with Management Tab if you had an Asset/Hex Perk at 0,0 hex.
• Fixed glitch with Mot/Mech Storm Grenadier Bat *
• Closed an exploit with Attract Free Folk Stratagem *
• Easier Logistics game variant now also doubles range of Supply Bases (the variant is more consistent like that)
• Fixed quite a major bug that caused “Maximum Storage” not to be transferred to SHQ in some circumstances, which led to some big Item losses in SHQ inventory.
• Made some nudges to Minor AI tactics (both for non-slow and slow AI mode)
• Fixed crash in combat window when doing combat with insane amount of enemy troops
• Fixed some Colonist/Recruits mouseover qty’s missing double zero behind 00
• Also fixed some wrong ratio in Replace Popup and Scrap and Upgrade Results
• Diminished Hi-Tech costs for Beam and Plasma Guns *
• Fixed some typo’s and spelling errors *
• Unification and Annexation Stratagems are a bit more difficult in general now, but also a bit more variable in difficulty (based on the aggression of the target culture) *
• AI now disbands old equipment piling up in its SHQs.
• A major AI now has 40% chance to always try to keep Airforce in the Air (instead of switching fully to Flak Gun production) *
• Fixed a sort of “hanging” request for Scientific Cooperation by a regime you already refused or at this time are even at war with *
• I speeded up a noticeable interface delay when clicking units a lot in some Militia cases / Units direct under SHQ cases.
• Added protective code for the crash issue with the permissions/virus checker for Steam version MyDocuments access. If system does not support internal savedgames/ directory will now be used.
• Added the relation change logbook entries to the mouse-over in the Leader Popup Window
• Added relation changes caused by Leader Feats to the relation change logbook of Leaders
• Fixed a nasty code bug which caused population happiness to malfunction.
• Fixed a glitch that caused Regime Overview Reports to disappear in rare cases
• Rule change: early Fate Stratagems will no longer disappear once you cross to respectively Tech Level 5+ or Culture Level 5+
• Added Max Size an Aircraft can transport through Air Bridge to its detailed popup.
• Added some mouse-over improvements for using Strategic Transfer through Air Bridges
• Added some map-arrow improvements for using Strategic Transfer through Air Bridges
• Fixed an Air Bridge calculation error were sometimes land connection got preferred. Should be fixed now. But keep an eye on it.
• Scrapping outside Zone was working well, but I have fixed the textual feedback to be a bit clearer.
• Prevented some map clicking when also clicking on a tab in the top
• Made a speed improvement to the slow AI that will hardly or not at all affect its quality of moves
• Beam Gun on Heavy Tank now rendered correctly *
• Veteran Sgt / Lt. will now longer trigger for Air Units *
• Added some protective code to avoid showing wrong Difficulty for Provocation Stratagem.
• Fixed an eternal loop "freeze" with Preview Points calcs
• Fixed crash with battlegroup transfers (finally!)
• Repaired the Roaming thieves decision, now targets private Food *
• Decreased Machinery cost for SAM Launchers *
• Fixed effect of Research Bonus on binary Tech advances
• Improved history flow with the battles now showing the original situation + combat results and only in the next step the after-battle state.
• Air Bridge SFX during turn startup are now really gone
• Fixed Leader Suitability Rating for Airforce Council
• Explosion before Combat with Air Recon gone for good
• Fixed a crash/corruption with Air Bridge calculations when enemy intercept became possible
• Combat sounds with Air Bridge intercept now also muted as you are not seeing their results and they are calculated behind the scenes, so to speak.
• Fixed a glitch for Tactical Nuke weapon, description of tech fixed and can now be used with Automated Turret as well *
• Machinery treasures have less quantity now (was a bit over the top) *
• Moved 5 Linear Weapon Improvement Techs from Military Research Council to Applied Science Council *
• Treasure Hoard Stratagem, AI giving you discovery and other similar events/instances will now NOT give certain techs that will be of no use because you do not have the earlier techs or because planetary conditions are not met. Did a manual pass tech by tech and it should be done right this time. *
• Fixed older game starts played with 1.06.02 or higher that were getting weird skill growth due to
the newly added personality modifiers on skill choice in 1.06.02.
• When establishing Air Bridges with the Air Bridge order they now limit you to the initial Air Bridge mission maximum range (which might be below optimal due to lack of AP or Rdn)
• A little bit more consequences from playing the Ask for Help Stratagem (to often). Also tuned down the amount of Credits you can ask for. (could be excessive in later game)*
• Fixed AI air unit relocation mechanism that was not using full range of its aircraft causing some to get stuck in airbasisolated areas.
< Message edited by ledrobi -- 2/24/2021 2:32:16 PM >