Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Differences in tech increase percentages?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Differences in tech increase percentages? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Differences in tech increase percentages? - 1/9/2021 4:04:59 PM   
mdsmall

The game manual says that tech chits invested increase per turn between 2-7%, with the average being 5%. That is not including the chance of breakthroughs and before Spying and Intelligence modifications, or intelligence sharing with friendly Majors are applied. However, my perception after playing the game for a while is that some techs seem to increase much faster than others even if they have the same number of chits invested in them. For example, infantry tech seems to crawl along at around 3-4% a turn per chit, while AA or ASW tech can clip along much faster, maybe 6-7%. I have not tried to document this, however. Have other players noticed the same thing? If so, has some weighting been applied in the Game Editor to change the chances of percentage increases between different kinds of technologies?

Post #: 1
RE: Differences in tech increase percentages? - 1/9/2021 11:50:49 PM   
Elessar2

Just throwing this out-extra chits can be applied to the less-crucial techs, and this may explain what you are seeing.

(in reply to mdsmall)
Post #: 2
RE: Differences in tech increase percentages? - 1/10/2021 12:33:05 PM   
BillRunacre

Hi Michael

The average % increase per chit is the same regardless of research category, without of course taking into account other factors. Though this % can decrease the higher the level being researched.

It may be the random nature of the die rolls and/or the other factors leading to some progressing quicker than others.

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

(in reply to Elessar2)
Post #: 3
RE: Differences in tech increase percentages? - 1/11/2021 4:43:04 PM   
mdsmall

Bill - thanks for dispelling my illusions about this. It's good to able to ask these kinds of questions and get them answered here!

(in reply to BillRunacre)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Differences in tech increase percentages? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI