Another update. It's been about 3 weeks. As I got back into 1812 playtesting, more adjustments were needed for advances, retreats, and redeployments. It looks pretty stable now and I'm not as annoyed with the AI as I was. Playing as Austria, I got to July 1813 and DOWd France when I could, and then moved to retake Bavaria, Tyrol, Carinthia, and Dalmatia. Tyrol I already fixed for a ceded province controlled by a kingdom, COR. Carinthia was still a problem with evacuating my units, but I fixed that too for the case of retaking a ceded province controlled by a major, France. Both work now and Austria has control of its provinces again.
On the other fronts, Spain surrendered to France a while back and Great Britain was forced off the peninsula. In Russia, France did not make it to Moscow but the back-and-forth battles took a toll on both sides. There is STILL fighting in Vitebsk, Smolensk, and Kiev, and it's now September. The Battle of Leipzig should be happening next month but Russia is still struggling to kick France out. Oh well. Anyways, I want to continue this game a bit more to see how 1813 ends and get into 1814 for a bit before shifting gears back to playtesting 1805 some. And then release. That's the plan.
On a personal note, good news is that I retired in December but bad news is my priority now is taking care of my wife with some serious medical issues. Wargaming provides some respite but there are days I cannot focus on code development. I do what I can. We'll get there. We're close.
Empires in Arms Development Team