Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Question regarding matches with multiple game versions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> Question regarding matches with multiple game versions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Question regarding matches with multiple game versions - 1/8/2021 9:05:14 PM   
scout1

Is there a means to conduct multiple games/matches using different versions of the game ?

ie, can you have multiple versions of the game on a single PC (say released version and a beta version) for two different matches without one corrupting the other ?
Post #: 1
RE: Question regarding matches with multiple game versions - 1/8/2021 9:09:06 PM   
ComadrejaKorp

Yes you can, but in the PBEM you have in progress you must play with the one you have created (official or Beta)

* note: even if you make a mistake, load your turn in the wrong version, nothing happens (it has ever happened to me) but you would not fight on equal terms.

< Message edited by ComadrejaKorp -- 1/8/2021 9:15:35 PM >

(in reply to scout1)
Post #: 2
RE: Question regarding matches with multiple game versions - 1/8/2021 9:22:39 PM   
scout1

quote:

ORIGINAL: ComadrejaKorp

Yes you can, but in the PBEM you have in progress you must play with the one you have created (official or Beta)

* note: even if you make a mistake, load your turn in the wrong version, nothing happens (it has ever happened to me) but you would not fight on equal terms.

So do you need two independent installs of the game, one for each version of the game (assuming you have two matches at different versions) .....

Basically, I have only the official version installed and no current pbem games going.... I have an offer for a pbem game using the beta 10u3 version ..... How do I add this for a match while still retaining my capability of adding another using the current official released version ?

(in reply to ComadrejaKorp)
Post #: 3
RE: Question regarding matches with multiple game versions - 1/8/2021 9:26:20 PM   
baloo7777

I am in a pbem game using the 10u23 beta and tried playing an AI game using my Steam version 1.091 on the same computer and on the PBEM game my production screen locked up when I tried to purchase a unit and the only way out was to hit the escape button. I then entered the production screen again and it was still locked, so I was unable to build a mech unit in late 39 for the spring against France on that turn. Was it a one-off? I don't know, but I had this same trouble way back with version 1.07 or 1.08 and an update fixed it. We were on turn 7 before this happened just now. I decided to remove my Steam version as I had a beta version PBEM going. The worst would be if I'm the only one experiencing this problem.

JRR

Post #: 4
RE: Question regarding matches with multiple game versions - 1/8/2021 9:50:27 PM   
ComadrejaKorp

Personally I have the steam version installed, I made a copy where I installed the Beta, then I have 2 warplan.
If I want to start a game with an official version, I create a game from the Steam version and then I always play from here, and to play Beta I create a game from the Beta version and always load the spins from Beta.

(in reply to scout1)
Post #: 5
RE: Question regarding matches with multiple game versions - 1/8/2021 9:57:12 PM   
ComadrejaKorp

I can play in hotseat mode at the same time in Beta and official, I don't usually play Pbem in one while I play Pbem in the other (I'm afraid of messing up Pbem). I really don't know if it's possible.

(in reply to baloo7777)
Post #: 6
RE: Question regarding matches with multiple game versions - 1/8/2021 10:00:41 PM   
AlvaroSousa

Currently there are no data corruptions between versions. The difference will be different scenario sets and scripts

Creater Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific

Designer Strategic Command
- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Assault on Communism SC2
- Assault on Democracy SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3

Post #: 7
RE: Question regarding matches with multiple game versions - 1/8/2021 10:28:35 PM   
scout1

quote:

ORIGINAL: AlvaroSousa

Currently there are no data corruptions between versions. The difference will be different scenario sets and scripts

So how do I go about playing multiple matches with multiple versions ? Separate installs in different locations on my PC ?

(in reply to AlvaroSousa)
Post #: 8
RE: Question regarding matches with multiple game versions - 1/9/2021 8:28:03 PM   
scout1

quote:

ORIGINAL: AlvaroSousa

So exactly how might one go about have two different game versions on their pc, playing two different pbem games ?

(in reply to AlvaroSousa)
Post #: 9
RE: Question regarding matches with multiple game versions - 1/9/2021 10:04:14 PM   
AlvaroSousa

You can install the game from X
Then create a 2nd folder in the same directory as the 1st one.

like if you have C:\games\Warplan

Now you copy paste the entire folder and get
C:\games\Copy of Warplan

Rename the folder

C:\games\Warplan Cool New Beta Version.... or whatever

They take the beta and copy/override in the new folder.

Run each version. They both check the same registry.

Creater Kraken Studios
- WarPlan
- WarPlan Pacific

Designer Strategic Command
- Brute Force (mod) SC2
- Assault on Communism SC2
- Assault on Democracy SC2
- Map Image Importer SC3

(in reply to scout1)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> WarPlan >> Question regarding matches with multiple game versions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI